I've been a loyal Blackberry owner for over 5 years and have gone thru almost every legacy device. I made the jump to my Z10 a few months ago and I absolutely love it! Yet, another reason why writing this is difficult....

Of course, Im on Verizon, so I had to wait FOREVER to finally get 10.2 - I updated on Tuesday and my mobile life has been a nightmare ever since. I really dont know where to begin, except that EVERYTHING is slow/delayed, almost every app has a 15-20 second lag in opening or producing ANY response and the battery life is non-existent! Seriously, it was at 100% at 10AM when I unhooked it from the charger and by 11AM, even though it was in the holster the entire time, it was at 67%!!!! It has been charging all day long and has not even come close to 100%.....the Blackberry may catch fire from being so hot!

I can't jump ship at this point and go to another OS, but I am VERY FRUSTRATED with this update that has completely screwed my Blackberry! Even my contact list is messed up, with different pictures, ringtones, etc for the WRONG people! Don't get me started on Facebook or the Hub - completely fuct and I have deleted/reinstalled (some) apps to free up memory in hopes of it running smooth. Nope.....

Is anyone else having similar issues? I've been watching different threads and have troubleshooted ideas, but with no success. Only thing I havent done is security wipe, but not sure if that's the miracle I need.....might just need a replacement.

Help? Anyone want to send me a Z30?
    02-02-14 09:52 PM
    Have you tried to do a security wipe?

http://www.change.org/petitions/t-mo...-amazing-phone !!!!!spread the word!!!! http://www.petitions24.com/attz30
    02-02-14 09:53 PM
    Why should all this stuff be required.

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    02-02-14 09:56 PM
    If you can, get a replacement
    If getting a replacement is to much of a hassle, try the security wipe
    Look into your device monitor and see if there is an app or something that is really sucking up the battery

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 09:56 PM
    Have you tried rebooting it? By lucky if that solved everything.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 09:59 PM
    Security wipe is the only thing left to do. I have Link on my work computer and need to backup first - plus Im sure the process will take 3+ hours as per any of my previous BB10 loading experiences. At this point, I have nothing to lose....
    02-02-14 10:00 PM
    Rebooted about a dozen times today - combo of holding the volume buttons down for 10+ seconds or physically pulling the battery.
    02-02-14 10:01 PM
    I downloaded since May last year when I got my phone 6 or 7 leaked OS's. After every download I wiped the phone and after added the accounts and apps back. I never ran into any problems like you have. Will be nice to not have to reinstall everything back manually but I prefer that instead of what you are going thru. So download the leaked. 1925 OS and also the. 1926 radio file. Install them and start enjoying you're phone again.

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    Mozdony likes this.
    02-02-14 10:08 PM
    I've encountered the same problem, I just left the phone on and dont use it, after 2 days it's running smoothly till now

Z10 the Awesomeness
    02-02-14 10:32 PM
    I'd walk into the nearest Big Red Rip Off store and demand a new device. Wipe it re-box it and take it back.
    02-02-14 10:37 PM
    I've been a loyal Blackberry owner for over 5 years and have gone thru almost every legacy device. I made the jump to my Z10 a few months ago and I absolutely love it! Yet, another reason why writing this is difficult....

Of course, Im on Verizon, so I had to wait FOREVER to finally get 10.2 - I updated on Tuesday and my mobile life has been a nightmare ever since. I really dont know where to begin, except that EVERYTHING is slow/delayed, almost every app has a 15-20 second lag in opening or producing ANY response and the battery life is non-existent! Seriously, it was at 100% at 10AM when I unhooked it from the charger and by 11AM, even though it was in the holster the entire time, it was at 67%!!!! It has been charging all day long and has not even come close to 100%.....the Blackberry may catch fire from being so hot!

I can't jump ship at this point and go to another OS, but I am VERY FRUSTRATED with this update that has completely screwed my Blackberry! Even my contact list is messed up, with different pictures, ringtones, etc for the WRONG people! Don't get me started on Facebook or the Hub - completely fuct and I have deleted/reinstalled (some) apps to free up memory in hopes of it running smooth. Nope.....

Is anyone else having similar issues? I've been watching different threads and have troubleshooted ideas, but with no success. Only thing I havent done is security wipe, but not sure if that's the miracle I need.....might just need a replacement.

Help? Anyone want to send me a Z30?
    I am dealing with lag as well. I installed the new O/S when Verizon pre released it before it became official. For the first several days, I had serious battery drain, until I put my phone in airplane mode, pulled the battery for 30 minutes then put it back in. That worked wonders for the battery issues. I am getting great battery life, but am still dealing with lag. Most of the lag I get is under the settings tab, for various of all of the options listed, as well as lag in the BB world app, and in some of the menus in other places. No lag inside any other apps.

After I did the security wipe tonight, it definitely made an improvement in speed, but the lag is still there in certain places. My security wipe on took about 45 minutes, and I tested it out immediately before I even put the SD card back in, but to no avail. I guess my next step is going to be to reload the O/S from BB link. I somehow think that this is O/S related, as when I wiped my phone, all of my apps I had were gone, so I know that was not the issue.

I think for now, I will see if anything changes in a few days, as I had my contacts on my sim card so I did not lose any of them, and I have my email account all set back up. If there is no change by tomorrow or Tues, I will reload the O/S and see if that corrects my situation
    02-02-14 10:39 PM
    Quick note: Never, ever, EVER reboot the phone by performing a battery pull. First shut down the device by pressing and holding the lock/power button up top of the device, THEN remove the battery. You can damage the file system if you keep performing premature battery pulls while the system is running.

Also, do NOT perform the force reboot commands by pressing both volume buttons. Only use that if absolutely necessary, like in the case of it ever being frozen.

Finally, I recommend trying this in this in this order:
    - Put your device in airplane mode,
    - Full back up with BlackBerry Link,
    - Perform a security wipe, then re-set up the device by running through the initial setup screens,
    - Put it back to airplane mode,
    - Restore with link,
    - Finally put it back onto the network.

It may take a few hours to a day to "settle" and finish indexing your data so as a result it may also get a little warm, but let us know of this works.
    anon(870071) and wincyUt like this.
    02-02-14 11:20 PM
    As usual wait 24-72 hours for the is to settle down indexing etc. These threads are getting old..
    02-03-14 12:18 AM
    With many computer OS'es, when you randomly reset or unplug the computer, the file system becomes corrupt, but repairable. There are two options to deal with the aftermath: 1. fix the file system during boot time, which means the computer is out of operation until the file system is fixed or 2. fix the file system after boot, which means the computer will operate but will lag due to the repairs being done. Most systems these days do #2. Perhaps BB10 repairs after boot and the lag you're experiencing is a result of that? The recommendations to leave the device alone for a couple of days supports this hypothesis.
    02-03-14 02:59 AM
    well if you face those problems on the Z10 its likely for you to face them on the Q10 and the Z30 as well
    02-03-14 03:19 AM
    As usual wait 24-72 hours for the is to settle down indexing etc. These threads are getting old..
    He installed the OS update on Tuesday...it's now Monday...

Posted via CB10
    PHDColumbus likes this.
    02-03-14 04:23 AM
    Backed-up and am currently wiping the device. Hope it works.

There goes 4+ hours of my time today......
    02-03-14 01:02 PM
    Good luck I have to reinstall my O/S tonight as the security wipe was nor the answer to my prayers. At least now though I got rid of all my old files so a clean install will hopefully correct my issues

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 01:59 PM
    How long did your security wipe take? I am going on hour 3.....
    02-03-14 02:36 PM
    Exactly why it's important to backup prior to any OS update, so you can wipe if the update doesn't go properly.

Wipe can take surprisingly long...longer than a restore even, not sure why. My last one took at least two hours or more.

Posted via CB10
    PHDColumbus likes this.
    02-03-14 02:45 PM
    Mine only took About 45 minutes give or take. I only use one email account and purposely don't install or have a lot on my phone initially after an update as I like to see how things run first. Sorry yours is taking a lot longer

Posted via CB10
    PHDColumbus likes this.
    02-03-14 02:49 PM
    I just did a security wipe on my wife's z10 last night and it took 1.5 hours and then self booted. For some reason out of all the BB10 devices in the house (we have 3 z10's and 1 q5) her's was the only one that had issues with the new Android runtime player - maybe due to a previous leak I put on her phone or corrupted OS files.

It did take awhile but not 3 hours. In hindsight I should have just re-loaded the OS through BB Link. It would have served the same purpose.

This morning, everything's back to normal on her z10 and I installed the Amazon app store and 1 Mobile Market along with installing Temple Run2 through the file manager.
    02-03-14 03:03 PM
    I never perform security wipes. Instead, I just use Internet Explorer to go to BlackBerry.com/Update.

1) Click Check for Updates (click Allow when the pop-up appears)
    2) With the phone OFF, plug it in to your PC and then turn it ON
    3) When the OK button becomes clickable, click it immediately
    4) When alerted to press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, do it. If your phone reboots and the OS starts up, click and hold the power button for 10 seconds to perform a hard reboot.

This will install the newest official OS approved by your carrier. You will lose any data on the phone. SD card remains intact.
    02-03-14 03:03 PM
    6:37PM and there is only a picture of a SIM Card (as far as I can tell) with the circular "thinking" icon. Should a security wipe really be taking this long? Im tempted to pull the battery, but I know thats not a good idea. Any advice?
    02-03-14 05:38 PM
    How much data do you have on your phone? Do you use multiple email accounts and have a ton of files and apps on your phone? I read an article yesterday that some security wipes only take 15 minutes, and when I heard that others took 2 or more hours I panicked. When I saw my phone had shut off after close to an hour last night, I thought something went wrong. I am going to do a full back up tonight then restore. If that does not take care of my problem, I don't know what is left to do.

At least after the wipe I have a clean phone now, so I narrowed it down to the O/S as all of the lag I get is from the menus within the O/S and not really in any apps with the exception of BB world. I get tons of lag there. Slow to load and lag
    02-03-14 05:51 PM
31 12