As for the media card I understood that completely after one explanation. But I still don't see how someone picking my phone up or stealing it is keeping my decrypted "files" safe. Or does it only actually work if I have a lock screen password activated as well? Or do you mean it just can't be intercepted (emails, photos, files) sorry as the title says. I'm a dummy when it comes to this.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks OP for asking some great questions. I too was curious about encrypting my device and media card before leaving for vacation. Now I know what to do thanks to you. Cheers.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-24-14 11:27 AM
    As for the media card I understood that completely after one explanation. But I still don't see how someone picking my phone up or stealing it is keeping my decrypted "files" safe. Or does it only actually work if I have a lock screen password activated as well? Or do you mean it just can't be intercepted (emails, photos, files) sorry as the title says. I'm a dummy when it comes to this.

Posted via CB10
    Do not forget that if someone gets your phone and you understand, you can always send a remote wipe command from blackberry protect and then everything will be wiped from the device. At the same time your SD data will become impossible to read by anyone, even yourself in case you get the phone back.
    But if you have your backup, you have everything you need to move to the next phone.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    06-24-14 12:20 PM
27 12