Hi guys

Sorry if this has already been asked.

I unfortunately lost a lot of important emails when they deleted after 30 days and I didn't realize until after they had gone from my deleted folder too.

If I place the emails within a folder in my email account will I also lose them after 30 days again as I can't really afford to lose any more than I already have.

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 05:48 AM
    It's just deleted in your phone but not on your main email

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 05:51 AM
    Yep after 30 days any emails in any folders will get deleted but they should still be on your email server.

BB have said they are looking to increase the 30 day limit in their next OS update, cant remember where i read it but someone tweeted BB and they replied saying that it will be fixed in an OS update.
    04-15-13 06:26 AM
    If only that was the case, I lost them completely.. proved pretty disastrous in trying to resolve an insurance claim when I lost all our communications and don't want to be in that position again..

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:33 AM
    Anyone know how to delete mass emails? I remember on the old BB's you could highlight the date and all emails would be deleted in that day. I find myself holding down on an email, selecting "select more" than deleting. Just seems like an extra step.
    04-15-13 06:39 AM
    Unless you're doing something wrong, your emails will remain on the server.

To delete emails without having to select all, just long press a date and then select "delete prior". You should select a specific account before doing that, or you will delete eveerything in your HUB.
    04-15-13 06:48 AM
    I must be doing something wrong - its a personal Hotmail account (well 3) and they have all done the same

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:51 AM
    I must be doing something wrong - its a personal Hotmail account (well 3) and they have all done the same

Posted via CB10
    It's more then doing something wrong, it's actually doing the impossible. When you delete an email from your device it DOES NOT delete from the server. It actually can't delete them, it's impossible.

The Z10 currently does not show certain email accounts that are greater then 30 days old, but it doesn't delete them. It can't delete them. The functionality to allow 30+ days to show is rumored to be included in the soon to be released 10.1 OS update.

Two scenarios here, you're either lying, or you deleted them yourself. I'm not sure why you would do either. Personally, I don't believe your story.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    04-15-13 07:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    It could be a hotmail issue then because on my gmail account, if i delete an email from my z10 it will not delete from my gmail account on the PC unless i file the email in the bin folder of gmail on my z10.

Ill try it myself with my hotmail/outlook email and see if i delete an email from my hotmail/outlook on my z10 and then see if it deletes off the server.
    04-15-13 07:05 AM
    Ok so i just sent myself an email from gmail to my outlook/hotmail account. Got the email in my outlook/hotmail account on my z10 and deleted it. Logged into my hotmail/outlook account on my pc and the email is sitting in the inbox so it hasnt been deleted. As i suspected, it follows the same behaviour as my gmail account...only way to get it to delete from the inbox on a pc is by filing the email into the bin/trash folder. Then it will synch across and the email will be filed into the trash/bin folder in your outlook/hotmail account on your pc.
    04-15-13 07:24 AM
    Anyone know how to delete mass emails? I remember on the old BB's you could highlight the date and all emails would be deleted in that day. I find myself holding down on an email, selecting "select more" than deleting. Just seems like an extra step.
    Try this as the “Delete all prior” ability works on the Z10 touchscreen.
    When you hold the date bar within mail app, you should see a trash can icon that appearing. Touch the trash can icon and will ask you “Delete all prior?” with yes or no button. Tap “yes”, and then Z10 will delete everything earlier than that date.
    Let me know if this works for you
    04-15-13 07:34 AM
    Once you are in your HUB, select the email account that you want to modify. Once there hit the menu tab (the three little dots on the right) and choose select more, just select the ones that you want to delete and waalaa...
    04-15-13 07:51 AM
    I just did the same thing from mine (sent and email and then delete it) and it is no longer in my inbox on my laptop but in the deleted... i quite like this as I never check on my laptop any more and don't mind. If the automatic delete from my z10 puts them in the delete folder on my laptop too it gives me so many days to remove them from there.
    I don't have too much of an issue with this if I manage to realize although is quite a pain... my question surrounded whether this would also be the case with those that I do move to a folder as I don't want to lose any more and I could do this instead of having to remember to remove from the deleted on my laptop

Maybe it's just me....

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:03 AM
    I know that if I delete an email on my BlackBerry that it is completely purged from my Exchange mailbox. I cannot find it in the deleted items or do a recovery using Outlook. This is frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:20 AM
    It's more then doing something wrong, it's actually doing the impossible. When you delete an email from your device it DOES NOT delete from the server. It actually can't delete them, it's impossible.

The Z10 currently does not show certain email accounts that are greater then 30 days old, but it doesn't delete them. It can't delete them. The functionality to allow 30+ days to show is rumored to be included in the soon to be released 10.1 OS update.

Two scenarios here, you're either lying, or you deleted them yourself. I'm not sure why you would do either. Personally, I don't believe your story.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    Wow! Rather harsh wouldn't you say?

I can confirm that this same exact thing happens with my email. My Gmail does not delete from the server "if" I save it to a folder (label). However, my RoadRunner,and Yahoo! both delete within 15 to 30 seconds. If I leave my laptop turned on with Outlook running, the RoadRunner email will stay in the inbox. But not if Outlook is not running.

Any ideas?
    04-15-13 09:44 AM
    Here's a suggestion, don't delete them until you are sure you are done with them.

I think there is some confusion around the 30 day sync vs. selecting "delete" in the e-mail application.

The 30 day deal does not "delete" from the device, it is simply a sync timeout. After 30 days, they no longer display.

The "Delete" however, will move the e-mail into the "deleted" bin on outlook.com, hotmail.com etc. Then you have so many days before they auto delete.
    04-15-13 10:14 AM
    Here's a suggestion, don't delete them until you are sure you are done with them.
    That's exactly how I manage my emails. Hopefully a future update will bring back the "Delete on Device only". It just seemed more versatile that way.
    04-15-13 10:43 AM
    I can confirm the OP's problem as I also lost a whole moth;s worth of emails. The Gmail ones were just archived but the iCloud and Outlook mails were completely gone from the server.
    04-15-13 11:33 AM
    Regardless, it's still a joke that on a brand new Blackberry you can't see more than 30 days worth of emails. So much for 'best in class communication.'

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:19 PM
    I use both Rogers (Yahoo) and Gmail accounts on my Z10. Emails disappear on both accounts after 30 days. If I go to the server in the browser or on a computer, they are still there. The phone is simply set up to not hang on to emails after 30 days. It cannot delete emails from the server without your permission (or at least should not be able to). All of my emails are still there.

Further to that, for Gmail at least, even when I delete an email on my phone manually, the email does not "delete" as such from the server. It actually gets moved to a folder that is outside the main view (I believe it's simply called "All mail") and cannot be seen unless you're specifically looking for it. Does hotmail or yahoo have an "archive" folder or something similar? Perhaps they are being moved there...

JB
    04-15-13 12:28 PM
    There is an Archive folder when using outlook.com. You could try and put important emails there. They should not get deleted.
    04-15-13 12:39 PM
    Thanks for reassuring me i am not alone started to worry I was being really silly.. i quite like that when I hit delete it deletes on my account too - it was one of my biggest annoyances from the 9800 I had before when I finally went on my laptop and discovered over 1000 emails just sat there... i also don't have a problem if I have to put them in a folder to keep them. I just don't want to risk losing them from those folders... so to be safe if I get an important email I sync the folder I want to move it to, move it, and then select to un sync the folder.. seems a bit of a hassle though

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:08 PM