Same here, about every third day or so. (fingers crossed) But not in a while.
    Lol one good thing was that it made me re learn my passwords. All of which are now stored in password keeper

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:58 AM
    I still have problems with my rogers.com account which is maybe a yahoo account, as I can access it though yahoo (yes I find this a little confusing too) lol. Anyway been using the latest leak on the Z30, and have not been able to use my rogers email account period. I can live with this, seeing I'm using a leaked OS version. But I do hope in time this will come to pass. Not having any problems with Gmail or hotmail accounts.
    Yes rogers uses yahoo and in fact that's who I'm with.

As for it not working at all. Did you change the ports. You should have been spammed by them about this. It may be the source of your problem.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/em...setLanguage=en

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 11:02 AM

As for it not working at all. Did you change the ports. You should have been spammed by them about this. It may be the source of your problem.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, you were about the ports (one was wrong). Unfortunately even with the right ports I'm being told there is no response to try again later.
    01-04-14 11:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Would you mind very much showing me your settings. I must be doing "something" wrong in that department.
    01-04-14 11:55 AM
    I can't post a screeny without giving away my email address. Just a thought, did you delete the account and try to add it again?

As for the ports the link I provided goes through it all.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:20 PM
    I can't post a screeny without giving away my email address. Just a thought, did you delete the account and try to add it again?

As for the ports the link I provided goes through it all.

Posted via CB10
    When I started having this problem with my laptop a year ago I tried everything including deleting my accounts and starting over. I never got rid of the problem, though sometimes it happens several times a day, sometimes only a few times a month. As I said before, it also happens on my iPad and Q10, so it has to be the server. I have an AT&T POP account.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    01-04-14 12:35 PM
    I had this problem briefly with my work account on 10.1 but it quickly went away when I loaded a leak. Now I'm on official 10.2 and have never had the issue return.

I had another lady with a Q10 seemed to be having the same issue. I advised her to do the software upgrade to 10.2 and she hasn't come back to me with it so I'm assuming it also fixed for her.

Both of these were several months ago.

Not sure which version you have in the UK. I'm on 10.2.0.429 with an STL100-3

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 02:21 PM
    WORD FROM BLACKBERRY RE AOL

BlackBerry are aware of an issue with aol and have contacted aol who are investigating. No time frame yet as to when a solution will be found.

A work around for the meantime is, in the account settings when adding the account is to set the initial retrieval for mails to a lower number....1 or 3.

When I hear any more I will let you all know.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 03:20 PM
    Got it! I had tried clean swipe before but... , this time around it worked. 1) backed-up on BB Link. 2) clean swipe 3) re-installed all my accounts 4) only after that did I use restore from back-up. Eh?! lol Thanks Gatmyer for providing ideas. Got me going... Hope this infortmation helps other folks with similar email problems.
    Gatmyer likes this.
    01-04-14 04:15 PM
    I'm having the same problem with Earthlink (a Mindspring account via Earthlink). No problems with my Gmail account or text messages.

I've deleted and added the POP account in several times. It always picks up the latest emails after being added, then stops picking them up. I've tried changing the interval from 30 to 15 to 5 minutes--no effect.

Using the 10.2.1.1925 leak, now the the 1926 radio, even. I did restore settings when I installed the leak, but didn't have the problem at first, and sometimes it works.

I posted this on 1925 Findings and Fixes thread as well but no responses there, and this thread seemed more specific about the problem.
    01-07-14 01:38 PM
    I had this issue with yahoo a while back. It just miraculously stopped asking me for my password every few days.

Don't know why but it hasn't asked me for my password in a few months.
    Same experience with my Gmail accounts. For months, it had been asking for a password once or twice a day. Then a month or two ago it just suddenly started working on it's own. No idea why, as I didn't change anything at the time.
    01-07-14 01:46 PM
    afl777 - "I can quite happily put my email accounts onto my PlayBook and have no issues."

My Playbook has this issue about once a week as well as my new Z-10. On the playbook it just seems random where I'll go a couple of weeks with it happening and then it will settle down for a couple weeks. Now that I have the Z-10 I am using the Playbook less but only while learning what all the Z-10 can do. The Z-10 will do it daily. Sometimes a couple times per day for the AOL account on the Z-10. The Playbook sometimes will be AOL and sometimes Yahoo.
    01-07-14 02:28 PM
    This issue stopped for me as of yesterday. T-Mo USA.
    01-07-14 02:51 PM
    It's not your phone. As I said before, it happens to me on AT&T on my phone, iPad and laptop PC. Has been happening off and on for at least a year. Nothing I did to fix it worked. Sometimes it just goes away by itself.

01-08-14 12:46 PM
    It's not your phone. As I said before, it happens to me on AT&T on my phone, iPad and laptop PC. Has been happening off and on for at least a year. Nothing I did to fix it worked. Sometimes it just goes away by itself.

Question : I can get my POP emails via wifi only, do what would AT&T have to do with that? I'm always happy to blame AT&T, don't get me wrong.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 01:31 PM
    Question : I can get my POP emails via wifi only, do what would AT&T have to do with that? I'm always happy to blame AT&T, don't get me wrong.

Posted via CB10
    I have an AT&T email address POP and my provider is Comcast. I set this up so long ago I don't even remember why. I think because my cable company kept changing names and I didn't want to keep changing my email address. :-).
    In any case, I am not bashing AT&T. I have been with them forever and it seems to be a problem with many other carriers as well. I'm just saying it's not your phone or OS. I'm still on 10.1.

01-09-14 10:25 AM
    PS: I can get my AT&T emails without WIFI because I pay AT&T for that service :-(

01-09-14 10:27 AM
    I have an AT&T email address POP and my provider is Comcast. I set this up so long ago I don't even remember why. I think because my cable company kept changing names and I didn't want to keep changing my email address. :-).
    In any case, I am not bashing AT&T. I have been with them forever and it seems to be a problem with many other carriers as well. I'm just saying it's not your phone or OS. I'm still on 10.1.

I'm just questioning from a technical standpoint how the email problem can be due to AT&T when I can send and receive emails via wifi with the mobile network turned off on the phone. Does AT&T have anything to do with the wifi, which is otherwise working fine?

In sum, if AT&T has nothing to do with my POP email account on the BlackBerry, it has to be the phone or the OS installation, it seems to me.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 12:02 PM
    I don't totally understand it, but I have had an AT&T email address for years, which goes through both WIFI via Comcast, and the mobile network. Not sure if it only happens with WIFI, which could be Comcast, or AT&T. But for sure it also happens on my computer on WiFi and occasionally on my IPad. It happened quite often on my computer way before I ever got the Q10. Don't remember it ever happening on my 9000.
    It's a mystery!!!

01-10-14 10:54 AM
    I'm just questioning from a technical standpoint how the email problem can be due to AT&T when I can send and receive emails via wifi with the mobile network turned off on the phone. Does AT&T have anything to do with the wifi, which is otherwise working fine?

In sum, if AT&T has nothing to do with my POP email account on the BlackBerry, it has to be the phone or the OS installation, it seems to me.

Posted via CB10
    I'm quoting my last post to maintain continuity.

My POP3 Mindspring (Earthlink) account stopped receiving emails again this afternoon. It had been working fine again, for a while. I have both the AT&T Mobile Network and a very stable wi-fi at home.

I went in and re-entered my email password--no help. It says the account is fine in Accounts but i still can't receive my test emails.

I can send an email from the Z10 using the Mindspring account (it goes through the Earthlink server, smtpauth.earthlink.net using the Mindspring user name and password) both to myself on the Mindspring account and to my Gmail account, and I'll receive both copies of the email on my computer, but only the Gmail copy on the Z10--I won't receive it on the Mindspring account on the Z10.

I checked all the settings for the Mindspring account with Mindspring (Earthlink) tech support--they are correct, including the port and security settings. They say absolutely to use pop.mindspring.com as the incoming server, which I have always done.

Finally, I tried, on my own, changing the incoming server to pop3.mindspring.com, with all other settings the same, and all my new emails from this afternoon suddenly appeared. Mindspring tech support says that shouldn't have worked. So, I went back to pop.mindspring.com, and the new emails stopped coming in. Back again to pop3.mindspring.com, and I'm receiving emails again!

The problem must have something to do with the communication between the Z10 and the Mindspring server. One thing I noted was that if I try to set up a new Mindspring account on the Z10--my wife's, for example--which differs only in the [email protected], the Z10 uses pop3.mindspring.com as the default server address. I had always changed it back to pop.mindspring.com, and it had always worked, that is, until now.

I have no explanation for this. Does anyone?
    01-10-14 10:40 PM
45 12