There are a couple or more threads on here re email problems....the latest being aol, where users are daily being asked to re enter password account not responding.

I now have people on FB help page and myself with this on aol....I also get it with gmail....I have one on the Z10 page getting the password issue with Gmail and yahoo....and there are threads on the Blackberry community forum.

Mine has been doing this for some time...but it seems that in the last two weeks far more people are being affected.

Now if it were just aol I would blame the provider....but it's happening with various providers and I now think this should be escalated to Blackberry as maybe some issue with the Z10...BB10.

I don't quite know how to suggest that we all let BlackBerry know...I will certainly get in touch with a contact I have and it would be helpful if anyone with a BlackBerry contact did the same, and others post on the BlackBerry community forums.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:00 AM
    There are a couple or more threads on here re email problems....the latest being aol, where users are daily being asked to re enter password account not responding.

I now have people on FB help page and myself with this on aol....I also get it with gmail....I have one on the Z10 page getting the password issue with Gmail and yahoo....and there are threads on the Blackberry community forum.

Mine has been doing this for some time...but it seems that in the last two weeks far more people are being affected.

Now if it were just aol I would blame the provider....but it's happening with various providers and I now think this should be escalated to Blackberry as maybe some issue with the Z10...BB10.

I don't quite know how to suggest that we all let BlackBerry know...I will certainly get in touch with a contact I have and it would be helpful if anyone with a BlackBerry contact did the same, and others post on the BlackBerry community forums.

Posted via CB10
    Let me ask you....what OS are you running?

I experienced this on my Z10 running .1055. I have not experienced it on my Q10 on .1925. Meaning that this may be a bug that has been solved.
    01-04-14 06:12 AM
    I'm stillness on 10.1. 0 422 cos my PC is unusable so darent update.

But 10.2 users are affected too.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:18 AM
    I had this issue with yahoo a while back. It just miraculously stopped asking me for my password every few days.

Don't know why but it hasn't asked me for my password in a few months.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:22 AM
    Post edited to avoid offending any nit pickers
    Last edited by afl777; 01-04-14 at 09:46 AM.
    01-04-14 06:45 AM
    Of course that is made up...except for the Obama bit, that's genuine.....but it would be frighteningly easy for people like NSA to do something like that.

But it's a certain fact that the more I look around the more of a problem the password issue is becoming.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:55 AM
    Guess the NSA Has all my passwords now lol

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:58 AM
    Bet they have most eh...it will be GCGQ with mine

But if they want to waste money employing someone to read my drivel then good on them lol

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 07:06 AM
    Happening to me and is a complaint on the BBerry help forum at the moment. Not restricted to AOL, which I do not use. POP accounts seem most affected. Reminds me of what was happening when first got my Z10 running 10.0. Had to use K9 until it sorted. I have a "ticket" with BBerry through T-Mo at the moment. My Gmail has no issues. Will get the message that account needs checking and it wants me to re-enter password. Noticed, however, at the same time, it still downloads my email. So, I would put in password, and it would reject. So I ignored it and suddenly it was working again. I have the account set for manual sync so don't know why it's even bothering to "check".
    01-04-14 07:18 AM
    I don't think it's the phone. I have had this problem on my computer off and on for a year. After spending hours on the phone with ATT, Comcast, and Asus, I gave up and lived with it. Now it happens on my ipad and Q10. Wish I knew what caused it. If anyone finds out, let me know!!
    01-04-14 07:27 AM
    I don't think it's the phone. I have had this problem on my computer off and on for a year. After spending hours on the phone with ATT, Comcast, and Asus, I gave up and lived with it. Now it happens on my ipad and Q10. Wish I knew what caused it. If anyone finds out, let me know!!
    I won't let this go till I've dug everywhere I can possibly dig.

It's totally unacceptable for anyone to say change to a provider that works. Some ate business users....not BES...and it would be very awkward for them to change.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 07:30 AM
    No problem here running official 10.2 with 4 email accounts. 2 Gmail, 2 yahoo.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:12 AM
    Of course that is made up...except for the Obama bit, that's genuine.....

Posted via CB10
    How is it Genuine?
    01-04-14 08:43 AM
    How is it Genuine?
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obam...d-nsa-concerns

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:52 AM
    That article says nothing about what you claimed was "genuine". It said Obama met with tech company CEO's, not that he "had a meeting with the NSA and that surveillance was stepped up, and more permissions given."

This is a Blackberry forum, not a (insert the party or president you don't like here) site.
    blackmoe likes this.
    01-04-14 09:09 AM
    That article says nothing about what you claimed was "genuine". It said Obama met with tech company CEO's, not that he "had a meeting with the NSA and that surveillance was stepped up, and more permissions given."

This is a Blackberry forum, not a (insert the party or president you don't like here) site.
    The post was a light hearted one inserted into a thread that I have started to find out just what the hell is going on with various email providers.

And I do know this is a BlackBerry forum....as a ex BlackBerry Elite my interest is in fixing what seems to be becoming a more widespread issue....

But of course, as always, someone pops up being pedantic and picky.

If you have any contributions to make re his email issue then you are welcome to contribute.

Until then I suggest you go and look on my profile where you will see I am a UK resident and have no interest in any American policies or politics what so ever.....

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 09:17 AM
    The post was a light hearted one inserted into a thread that I have started to find out just what the hell is going on with various email providers.

And I do know this is a BlackBerry forum....as a ex BlackBerry Elite my interest is in fixing what seems to be becoming a more widespread issue....

If you have any contributions to make re his email issue then you are welcome to contribute.

Until then I suggest you go and look on my profile where you will see I am a UK resident and have no interest in any American policies or politics what so ever.....

Posted via CB10
    Light-hearted until you said that Obama was telling the NSA to turn up spying....

Pedantic and picky? I pointed out that what you said was not "genuine", and you couldn't show that it was. Soooo....how was I picky again?

Strange that you are lecturing to someone about "contributing to the thread" that you started....when my responses were directly to your words in this thread. I guess we can only respond about email, and let anything you say about "genuine" presidential covert actions go. Got it. Thanks for defining the rules.

If you have no interest in US or presidential politics.....why such a long post about it? Then a follow up post. And then a defense of it with another link? (that didn't actually say anything about your first accusations...uh, I mean "light-hearted" completely on-topic comment)
    01-04-14 09:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Afl777
    I understand and is too bad the email issues and other things going on with OS10, isolated or not. This is why I peruse these forums looking at what other people are going through and if the issues have been or will be solved in future "leaks" or whenever "official" releases. I would like to change my name to "passthetorch" as soon as I make the move BUT want to make sure major issues are taken care of. Sometimes responses get a little testy here and most of the time they are not meant to be. I believe redlightblinking is still on BBOS like me and has brought up some very worthwhile things needing to be included from BB07 into OS10 in his and my opinion. OS7 is an old system but a very good one for communication, email, texting and calendar. I cannot say that I have ever over the many years on it, had any major issues whatsoever and I have 4 email accounts including yahoo. The road has been a little rocky and hard to get ones hands on a BB10 device just to try especially a z30 for my old eyes BB reads these forums I am sure and are working on fixes all the time. I hope that a soon official release comes out and cleans a lot of things up. Thank you for posting.
    afl777 likes this.
    01-04-14 09:43 AM
    @redlightblinking

Tell you what...I've been chasing round like a dog with no tail trying to get info on this....just to help others. I can quite happily put my email accounts onto my PlayBook and have no issues.

But instead I chose to use my time researching and trying to get others to help too.

And then someone pops up who decides to make an issue out of nothing....and reminds me of just why I chucked in being an Elite....cos quite frankly I don't need the hassle.

So.....you seem to be someone who likes perfection and moving yourself heard....so you take this on.

You will need....
    @YahooCare
    @Gmail
    @aolmailhelp
    BlackBerry Community forums
    Facebook Blackberry page
    Facebook Z10 page

And don't forget the threads on here.

good luck with it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by afl777; 01-04-14 at 09:57 AM.
    01-04-14 09:45 AM
    I had this issue with yahoo a while back. It just miraculously stopped asking me for my password every few days.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Stopped with the 1925.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-04-14 09:48 AM
    And then someone pops up who decides to make an issue out of nothing.
    Would that be when you went on and on about my questioning of your dual posts about Obama and his secret spying? Or when I pointed out that your defense of your "nothing" was actually.......nothing?
    01-04-14 09:50 AM
    Would that be when you went on and on about my questioning of your dual posts about Obama and his secret spying? Or when I pointed out that your defense of your "nothing" was actually.......nothing?
    Maybe you missed this....

Tell you what...I've been chasing round like a dog with no tail trying to get info on this....just to help others. I can quite happily put my email accounts onto my PlayBook and have no issues.

But instead I chose to use my time researching and trying to get others to help too.

And then someone pops up who decides to make an issue out of nothing....and reminds me of just why I chucked in being an Elite....cos quite frankly I don't need the hassle.

So.....you seem to be someone who likes perfection and moving yourself heard....so you take this on.

You will need....
    @YahooCare
    @Gmail
    @aolmailhelp
    Facebook Blackberry page
    Facebook Z10 page

good luck with it.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 09:58 AM
    Maybe you missed this....

You will need....
    @YahooCare
    @Gmail
    @aolmailhelp
    Facebook Blackberry page
    Facebook Z10 page

good luck with it.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't miss it. I quoted it. Then I responded to it.

Cheers.
    01-04-14 10:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Same here, about every third day or so. (fingers crossed) But not in a while.
    01-04-14 10:30 AM
    Same here, about every third day or so. (fingers crossed) But not in a while.
    I still have problems with my rogers.com account which is maybe a yahoo account, as I can access it though yahoo (yes I find this a little confusing too) lol. Anyway been using the latest leak on the Z30, and have not been able to use my rogers email account period. I can live with this, seeing I'm using a leaked OS version. But I do hope in time this will come to pass. Not having any problems with Gmail or hotmail accounts.
    01-04-14 10:57 AM
45 12