Grrr, I defend my Z10 and his PlayBook companion to the max - But I'm also not going to lie. This problem is irritating me beyond all comprehension.

I have 4 email accounts on my phone, they have always been hit and miss. I'm sure I'm not alone in seeing that "Your settings are invalid" message in the hub for your email accounts. It's annoying - and all 4 of my accounts throw this wobble if I move from 3G/4G to WIFI and vice versa. The settings are ok, but for some reason the phone just stalls for hours trying to re-connect. Then, today - the iCloud email and PIM sync completely goes out the window with this:

Email settings are  "invalid" when switching data mode?-img_20140320_135201.png

The account is fine, was using it just a moment ago on the laptop. No matter how many re-boots, deletion and re-adding of the account nothing works now.

Anyone know what to do?

The power of 10: CB10, Z10. BBM 2B80D5C2.
    03-20-14 09:07 AM
    Hard to diagnose as-is ...
    But as a first step, you may want to read this and try the BlackBerry Email Account Validation Tool.
    How to use the Email Account Validation Tool | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Let us know if/how it helped !
    Cheers
    SF
    03-20-14 11:14 AM
    Aha, their EVAT website is a mixed bag. It looks like it uses the same system the phone does to get the settings for the mail box. I put in the email address and it display the settings to connect to it.

Now, these are the same as in the phone that it fetched automatically. Hardly surprising as sometimes on the phone they work.

The website then attempts to log in to the mail server once I have it the password. For all of my accounts, it worked. On device, they all work still except the iCloud one.

The settings are saved and DO work. I get the error to trigger that I screen shot earlier every time with the iCloud mail if I move from cell data to say wifi, and then back again. It also happens when I'm out if the cell network mode switches from say 4G to 3G.

Logically, I'm assuming there's a problem with either BB10 software and how it handles the connection, or Apple have some security measures their side that will throw me from logging in if it happens to frequently - or something like that.

I don't want to chuck iCloud off the BlackBerry as it has all my contacts in it. When I bin the account the contacts go with them. If there's a way to move my contacts from their system to someone else's, I'll take that. Then I'm finally free of my Apple era, LOL. :-D

03-21-14 05:27 AM
    Mhh, that's weird. You may be right with iCloud policy regarding multiple connections attempts though ... Sry I don't bite in apple stuff

I guess you could sync your Q10 with - say - outlook for grabbing the contacts and then either sync them back to a local BB10 folder or use Outlook trick to copy/move them to another provider (say, outlook.com).
    geekl33tgamer likes this.
    03-21-14 07:00 AM
    Took your idea there Superfly and have moved my contacts to Google Mail from iCloud.

I've just deleted iCloud mail off the phone and things are fine. I never got on with my iPhone when I had it, so iCloud was only used as convenience to keep contacts. Glad it's gone now though, thanks! :-D

Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-21-14 01:50 PM
    Yeah !
    Well done Glad you made it.
    03-21-14 02:42 PM