Hi all,

After several years of using BlackBerry and almost 1 month of using the Z10, I have some questions regarding the email behaviour.

- Regardless the settings, all attached images are automatically downloaded. Even if is a 20mb image. Nice in roaming :-)

- When replying to an email, attachments are included also. Again traffic...

- when sending an email with a large attachment on a low connection speed (edge) it is hanging on waiting for hours. Not sending, just the clock icon. After 2 hours I decided to delete the message. It was not possible to send a 6 mb attachment.

All tests have been done using Gmail, with the latest fw update.

Is this a common behaviour or is just happening to me?

Thanks,
    Bogdan

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 02:43 AM
    Mine respects the auto download setting. So, I've not seen that behavior. Under Hub Settings, Display and Actions, Download Images Automatically is set to Off? There does not appear to be a setting for general attachments (like Office files). Let me test...
    03-15-13 09:59 AM
    You are right. It automatically downloads attachments but not pictures. Tech bloggers whined and abused BlackBerry for not automatically getting attachments. Of course they don't care about bandwidth since their company pays for it. Alas, BlackBerry got tiered of the abuse and buckled to the wishes of a few at the expense of many. /SOAPBOX MODE:OFF Lol.

Anyway, I have no answer for you.
    03-15-13 10:09 AM
    Thanks!

Let's hope is treated as a bug and not a feature :-) Would be nice to have control of what you want to download ... e.g. to be able to cancel downloading an attachment that you started to download .... but not sure, since more traffic means more money for the carrier and a better visibility for BBRY ...
    03-15-13 12:26 PM
    Im roaming first time with the Z10 and in the first hour I was getting warning SMS messages from my provider that I already used for an X amount of roaming data, which I never got before with my other blackberry's.
    This is really a huge problem for me and makes it basically unusable for me when im roaming (i get a lot of large attachments and pictures by email).
    Is it confirmed that this is a bug?

im using active sync and previously was using BES ...
    03-19-13 03:55 AM
    Hi to the other roaming victims. I also used mine first time abroad and got warning messages.... the missing options to limit...control traffic makes this phone not usable for me. pity...
    03-24-13 02:01 PM