Hi guys wondered if you could help. Since yesterday afternoon I've been having a problem with my one of my email addresses.
    When I go to settings /accounts it shows that one of my accounts isn't connected.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled the account , reset the phone, battery pulled, been in touch with my email provider and phone carrier who haven't been about to help, the only thing I haven't done is change the sim which is my next move I think.
    Wiping the phone and starting again is something I'd like to avoid if possible.
    Any ideas appreciated. Cheers

Posted via my awesome z10
    02-27-14 09:40 AM
    Are you getting a specific error message?
    What kind of account POP, IMAP.?

BTW, have had some issues and sometimes they seem to sort themselves. Especially with a POP account.
    02-27-14 10:00 AM
    Hi thanks for the reply. It's an IMAP Account and basically the error message is, cannot reach the server please check your settings and try again.
    If I reinstall the account it's okay until I close the settings window, then when I go back to settings / accounts it says account not connected.
    I've just got another sim and it looks like I still have the same problem.
    I'm definitely sure my settings are correct.
    When I spoke to a guy from o2 UK he installed my account on another z10 and it appeared to work fine.

02-27-14 10:45 AM
    Anyone?

02-28-14 02:54 AM
    My email account seems to be fine, as when I use my playbook my emails load up fine

02-28-14 06:30 AM
    Any help appreciated

03-01-14 04:06 AM
    While I hate to suggest it but maybe reinstalling the OS is the next step to rule out hardware problems. Although if other accounts work, is is probably some software issue. So, when you re-set it up again, it connects during the initial test/setup? But then fails afterward? Which OS and which version 1, 2, 3, or 4
    03-01-14 09:20 AM
    While I hate to suggest it but maybe reinstalling the OS is the next step to rule out hardware problems. Although if other accounts work, is is probably some software issue. So, when you re-set it up again, it connects during the initial test/setup? But then fails afterward? Which OS and which version 1, 2, 3, or 4
    hi, yes after i reinstall the account it pulls in the emails and then disconnects. I'm running 10.2.1.2141 STL100-2 on o2 uk.
    Can't think of anything else to try so the last resort of reinstalling the software is now looking like my only option.
    I've noticed that there are a few people having a similar problem with imap accounts and with no solution. I'm stuck for now.
    Thanks for the reply.
    03-01-14 09:50 AM
    Well I wiped my phone and still have the same problem.

03-02-14 03:18 AM
    Is it a normal isp or email? Could they be "turning you off" due to some password issue or how you come to their site. I recall even Gmail had some check if you logged on from more than one device or locale at the same time.
    03-02-14 10:21 AM
    Who is your ISP, I use Virgin and O2 is my Carrier in the UK and Virgin does seem to cause problems with their email.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:05 AM
    My provider is sky which I think use Yahoo, my carrier is O2 uk my settings haven't changed and as you can see from my previous posts I think I've done everything to try and resolve this problem. Thanks for your replies.

03-02-14 11:11 AM
    You could try using BlackBerry Helps twitter account to ask them, didn't really help me mind you but could be worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and drum like this.
    03-02-14 11:32 AM
    Never had much luck using BB help but I'll give it a go. Cheers

03-02-14 11:58 AM
    BB Twitter help link

https://twitter.com/BlackBerryHelp
    drum likes this.
    03-02-14 12:20 PM
    Is it a normal isp or email? Could they be "turning you off" due to some password issue or how you come to their site. I recall even Gmail had some check if you logged on from more than one device or locale at the same time.
    I can access my account with no problems. My Facebook and Twitter account are linked to the same email address and I'm receiving messages and I'm using the same password every time.

03-02-14 12:27 PM