I have been using Z10 on Mobilicity since June 2013 (when I bought this phone). Since September 2013, I have not been able to reply to the emails received on my company's domain. I can receive emails but when I reply or try to send new emails, the email is not sent but is stuck in the Outbox folder. I have tried all types of settings of SSL and non-SSL but no use. When I upgraded to the new software at end-Nov, then I was able to reply for 2 days (and send emails), but after 2 days the same problem has started again till now. I took this handset to Germany where I used Vodafone sim and there I had no problems in replying to my company emails.
    Has anyone ever faced this problem. BB handset is of no use to me since I cannot reply from my primary email account.
    Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo email accounts on this set have no problem at all.
    Could anyone guide me what seems to be the problem?
    Thank you,
    NKK
    12-11-13 07:53 PM
    What is your company's email system and what protocol are you using to send and receive email?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:06 PM
    I am using SMTP setting with SSL (port 465) on BB Z10. The SMTP settings are mail.mycompanyserver.com. The company's email system is not lotus notes; it is normal email system (I am not sure which one it is).
    12-11-13 09:06 PM
    I think you have to use the outgoing server of your mobile provider. I can't send then using my home network on wifi but can in the mobile network.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 11:14 PM
    I am using SMTP setting with SSL (port 465) on BB Z10. The SMTP settings are mail.mycompanyserver.com. The company's email system is not lotus notes; it is normal email system (I am not sure which one it is).
    Things to check in this scenario:
    1. Does your device trust the certificate being used for TLS of the SMTP? If it is the same certificate being used for the web interface of your email system this should be easy to check by opening that web page from your device to verify it comes up without a certificate prompt.
    2. Is that port accessible from the outside Internet. You can try telnetting to that port from a computer on the Internet, and you should receive some sort of SMTP banner.
    3. Is your username and password up-to-date? This would be probably best checked by just re-entering the information.

Beyond those suggestions you may need to involve your server admins for assistance.

Also Lotus has a product called Traveler which provides ActiveSync capabilities and I recommend your company deploy this if at all possible as ActiveSync is the best protocol to use for mobile device synchronization.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 06:54 AM