After I send an email from my Z10, it appears with all kinds of items (=-:/;'") in place of some letters. Can anyone help explain this? Very frustrating.
    03-08-13 08:47 PM
    Could you post a screen shot?
    03-08-13 09:15 PM
    Slightly embarrassed, but how do I do that?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Reply to thread, but minimize keyboard (Hold space bar or swipe down keyboard with both thumbs at same time) and then you will see the attach picture icon. Volume up and down at same time to capture the screen image.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    No problem!

Go open up the message, then press the volume up and down buttons at the same time. You'll hear a camera click.

Open up the CB10 app and on your next reply, on the bottom select "Attach picture" - you should then see a grid of photos - select the one that looks like the screen shot you just took.
    pinkberryz10 likes this.
    03-08-13 10:22 PM
    email messages being sent as some kind of code-img_00000013.png
    Wow. Learning how to use this phone is pretty exciting! Do you see it?

Posted via CB10
    bob_n_along likes this.
    03-08-13 10:27 PM
    Click the volume up and volume down keys at the same time.
    03-08-13 10:31 PM
    Yup! It posted.

You're seeing HTML code - I've seem this across a lot of apps lately - in fact I was just scrolling Facebook an hour or so ago and saw the same type of occurrence. (See attachment)

I'll point a support group to this thread and see if they can figure out what's causing this.

email messages being sent as some kind of code-img_00000102.png

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:40 PM
    Thanks! I know I'm not alone on this issue.

Posted via CB10
    wxmancanada likes this.
    03-08-13 10:46 PM
    I am still having this problem. Any solutions yet?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 11:24 AM
    That's not just HTML code, the equals signs are part of "quoted printable" encoding, which is quite commonly used to encode email messages in transit, but you're not supposed to SEE the encoding in the messages once you open them.

The reason is that there is a bug in recent versions of Z10 firmware that is mangling the SMTP message headers for some configurations. Blackberry is aware of it and is planning a fix.

Please see the following announcement and link to discussion:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rsions-779341/
    03-13-13 03:08 AM
    I'm having the same problem on my Telus Z10. I can send and receive no problem but random letters get replaced with symbols. My Rogers Z10 is fine, and I upgraded the OS for both on the same night. I checked the other threads but they seem to deal with problems sending, I'm having no problem sending, it's just that what I send is garbled. Not enough that the recipient can't understand, but enough to be annoying.
    03-17-13 10:36 AM
    hsk - I do believe the problems are related. The Z10 is mangling the SMTP headers, which result in the content in some cases not being translated properly because the headers which the email client uses to determine how to decode the content-encoding are not recognized.
    03-17-13 01:49 PM
    This isn't just related to email though - it's happening across the OS in things like Facebook and Twitter.

Posted using BlackBerry 10
    03-17-13 01:51 PM
    This isn't just related to email though - it's happening across the OS in things like Facebook and Twitter.
    More details? I have never seen anyone claim that here or show examples.
    03-17-13 01:53 PM
    More details? I have never seen anyone claim that here or show examples.
    Post number 8, of THIS THREAD.
    03-17-13 02:03 PM
    Post number 8, of THIS THREAD.
    OK, well I don't know why that would have any bearing on this except for one possibility: both the Facebook "app" and the email "app" are using the built-in BB10 web browser or web display engine to display HTML, and there is something wrong with that display engine that is mis-parsing HTML.

Specifically, the fact that the "html" html tag is visible, suggests that the rendering engine there is missing that, either because it's wrapped in HTML already, or something strange is going on with the HTML parser itself.

That would have nothing to do with the issue of other people receiving emails originated on the Z10 that show visible quoted-printable encoding, because most of the recipients in the examples I have seen are not receiving/reading those messages on Blackberries.
    03-18-13 01:12 AM
    While reviewing the sample provided by SmartPhoto above, it also seems as though that content wasn't originally created on the Blackberry. Looks like it was actually created on a Microsoft product, based on the embedded fonts called-out in that sample.

Microsoft is infamous for creating ungodly complex html in email messages, and I actually wouldn't be surprised if somewhere along the line something gets mis-parsed and ends up with garbage because those messages are like a huge hairball, in my opinion.

I've had similiar issues with the CEO of one of my clients sending messages from Outlook 2010 that have a graphical signature element that ends up printing 6 pages of junk at the end of every message if viewed on Eudora, because Eudora literally can't parse all that junk and then just ends up dumping the binary characters from the graphic file at the end of the message.
    03-18-13 01:17 AM
    Hey again. Still no solution. This is my work cell and my email that is connected to it is a Microsoft Outlook. I can receive emails from Co workers, not a z10, just fine, but once I reply, my reply garbles the heck out of everything. I've seen several others with this problem, from a link above here posted. My conclusion is to wait for an OS update. I may stop in at a Rogers store to see if they have any clue. Regardless, this still sucks and my boss is getting annoyed with my crazy responses.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 01:23 PM
    Hey again. Still no solution. This is my work cell and my email that is connected to it is a Microsoft Outlook.
    Need technical details on your email configuration. Which of the following email connection types are you using: POP, IMAP, Exchange ActiveSync?

"Microsoft Outlook" can mean many things nowadays, unfortunately.

In the old days, it was just a desktop email application. Today it could also mean "Outlook.com" email service, it could mean "Outlook Web Access" or "Outlook Web Connect" which are web browser methods of connecting to a Microsoft Exchange email server, possibly a couple of other things.
    03-18-13 01:31 PM
    Another not ready for prime time example!
    03-18-13 01:42 PM
    Another not ready for prime time example!
    Don't you have an iPhone you should be suckling from? Can we please stay on friggin topic without a thread hijak?

Posted using BlackBerry 10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    03-18-13 01:53 PM
    Need technical details on your email configuration. Which of the following email connection types are you using: POP, IMAP, Exchange ActiveSync?

"Microsoft Outlook" can mean many things nowadays, unfortunately.

In the old days, it was just a desktop email application. Today it could also mean "Outlook.com" email service, it could mean "Outlook Web Access" or "Outlook Web Connect" which are web browser methods of connecting to a Microsoft Exchange email server, possibly a couple of other things.
    Our tec says we use POP, IMAP, exchange e 2007 and ActiveSync...

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 04:19 PM
    Our tec says we use POP, IMAP, exchange e 2007 and ActiveSync...
    Thanks for the input but you can only have one of those active on any single email account on your Blackberry.

If you go into the Accounts settings, it should show what type of account it is.
    03-18-13 04:22 PM
    Forgive me, I know all about cameras, but computers and this bb, I'm more than confused. I see a SMPT on this cell, other than that, no idea... I looked in my email account settings and it seems pretty vague.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 05:00 PM
41 12