Why are = signs being inserted into all my emails sent through my Eastlink account. Puts them in links I send too. Strips the body of the message as well. Gmail works fine.
    03-13-13 04:33 PM
    There is a known issue in recent versions of Z10 firmware, please see the following post and link to main discussion:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rsions-779341/

FWIW: the "equals signs" are part of a method of encoding email messages for transmission called "quoted printable encoding".

Normally you wouldn't see that, but because the Z10 is mangling outgoing SMTP email headers, it becomes visible to you and the recipient.
    03-15-13 10:54 PM
    I'm getting the same thing when I send email from my business email. Works fine from a 2nd (gmail) account.. Inserts random = signs in body and signature of almost all emails. Any word on what causes this and a possible fix.
    03-18-13 06:02 PM
    I'm getting the same thing when I send email from my business email. Works fine from a 2nd (gmail) account.. Inserts random = signs in body and signature of almost all emails. Any word on what causes this and a possible fix.
    Answered in the post directly above yours.
    03-19-13 01:46 PM
    Several AT&T users have reported that a recent Z10 OS update released by AT&T resolved this issue for them.

So I would recommend trying that update if you're an AT&T customer. Other carriers should be receiving similiar updates soon.

As always, it's a good idea to do a backup of the device before any major OS updates. Blackberry Link is the utility specifically designed for that task and it's a free download.

Enjoy.
    04-12-13 10:23 PM