I like by BlackBerry Z10 and appreciate any security measures. However, I am frequently being informed that my Email password is incorrect and requesting me to update it. This often happens several times per day, even when my password hasn't been changed? Having said that, some days this doesn't happen? It wouldn't be a problem if from time to time I was asked for this...but several times per day is irritating.
    09-12-13 11:27 AM
    I like by BlackBerry Z10 and appreciate any security measures. However, I am frequently being informed that my Email password is incorrect and requesting me to update it. This often happens several times per day, even when my password hasn't been changed? Having said that, some days this doesn't happen? It wouldn't be a problem if from time to time I was asked for this...but several times per day is irritating.
    I had this happen once. I delete the account, restarted my phone and then added the account back and it worked fine.
    09-12-13 11:44 AM
    Been having the same thing happen for some time now. Sometimes it is both accounts, other times it is only one.
    09-12-13 11:44 AM
    Your email server is not only offline (being silently offline won't cause this) but is returning garbage (an invalid handshake) which causes the phone to conclude that its entirely possible that the server isn't actually there and someone is trying to steal your data and/or authentication credentials.
    09-12-13 12:40 PM
    Email - frequent Update Password requests-img_00000021.png

Check sync intervals.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-12-13 12:44 PM
    Und: That's because the SERVER is throwing up on you.

If a server refuses to talk with you (returns a "bad password" response or simply throws up instead of responding properly) you'll get this. If the server is DOWN it will not do this.

The same thing will happen for contacts and calendar connections. If the server throws a hissy fit at your phone and claims you're unauthorized BB10 will force you to re-enter your password.

This is good, not bad. It prevents you from being SILENTLY MITM'd and picked off!
    09-12-13 02:14 PM
    Und: That's because the SERVER is throwing up on you.

If a server refuses to talk with you (returns a "bad password" response or simply throws up instead of responding properly) you'll get this. If the server is DOWN it will not do this.

The same thing will happen for contacts and calendar connections. If the server throws a hissy fit at your phone and claims you're unauthorized BB10 will force you to re-enter your password.

This is good, not bad. It prevents you from being SILENTLY MITM'd and picked off!
    Decreasing sync time causes it to go away. At least, did for me and others.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-12-13 02:23 PM
    It's not the phone -- the server is throwing up on the connection at the frequency you're using for some reason.
    09-12-13 04:09 PM
    The same thing was happening when outlook/hotmail was down.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 10:42 PM
    It must be the phone...as this never happened with my Blackberry Torch...and I've had the same Email account for years!!
    10-03-13 10:21 AM