One glaringly missing feature that that I'm sure most Z10 users must have noticed (but on which I haven't found any postings): Font resizing in email messages. When the message is sent as HTML (like most of mine are), the text can be resized just fine by the usual method of "unpinching", but then the message is not all on the screen horizontally anymore. One has to scroll back and forth to read the message. This was handled nicely by previous touch devices (including the PlayBook). The text would nicely re-columnize. Not so on the Z10. I remember that the PlayBook was like this in earlier software releases too, but they seem to have fixed it. Maybe it's just my poor eyesight, but I can't be the only one!

I keep hoping for a software update for the Z10 to address this, but I've seen no mention of it.
    TLD1 likes this.
    04-09-13 10:00 AM
    What about simply changing the device font size, period. Would that help?
    04-10-13 06:45 AM
    What about simply changing the device font size, period. Would that help?
    Thought I read a little of a loooooooooooooong thread by GregGebhardt where it was said the font size on email rendering was way too tiny (especially for us old folks) and there was simply no way to adjust? That's pretty jacked up. Every BB I've ever owned had the font changing functionality.
    04-10-13 07:04 AM
    Go to settings, display, then change the font size.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:34 AM
    What id like to see in an update is the ability to auto resize emails, alot of my emails dont fit the screen so im always swiping left to right to read the email...even pinching out doesnt always re-size the email.
    04-10-13 07:36 AM
    Just changing the system font size does not override the HTML display, nor does it reflow text when zoomed. In the browser, this limitation is partly overcome by "reader mode"; in email there's not even this partial solution.

If it were possible to view mail as text only, I suppose the system font would kick in. This is how it worked on BBOS, right?

I'd really like to see zoom-reflow in email and the browser, but I haven't heard any rumors that it's coming.
    Craig Fillmore likes this.
    04-10-13 07:54 AM
    So I guess I'm not the only one. Odd that some of you thought changing the device font size would fix this. I guess you never tried it. I guess this is problem that affects those of us that need reading glasses. Blackberry is gong after hipsters now and they don't have this problem. Lol.
    04-20-13 11:54 PM
    Dear all,

I will have to throw my Z10 away unless BlackBerry either adds a feature for us to change the font size used inside e-mails or make such font size equal or 1- or 2-size smaller than those used for menus. (I have been setting the Font Size at 14 (default factory setting is at 8) so that e-mails are displayed a little large enough.)

Sincerely,
    11-07-13 04:22 AM
    I started a thread on this a couple of months ago. I agree - the OS 7 on my Bold had not such issues. This is a step backwards on the Z10.
    11-07-13 06:48 AM
    Correction ! ! ! The leaked OS 10.2.1.1055 has solved problems in resizing and wrapping around texts in e-mails . . . we must disable TNEF (Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format) in Microsoft Outlook to ensure that texts (contained in those e-mails which are created with Microsoft Outlook) are properly wrapped around when e-mails are resized on BlackBerry 10 devices.

Winmail.dat attachments - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Email Font resize-img_00000070.png

Email Font resize-img_00000071.png

Dear all,

I will have to throw my Z10 away unless BlackBerry either adds a feature for us to change the font size used inside e-mails or make such font size equal or 1- or 2-size smaller than those used for menus. (I have been setting the Font Size at 14 (default factory setting is at 8) so that e-mails are displayed a little large enough.)

Sincerely,
    11-22-13 12:39 AM
    P.S.

Please refer to https://julianscorner.com/wiki/windo...k/disable_tnef to disable TNEF.

Correction ! ! ! The leaked OS 10.2.1.1055 has solved problems in resizing and wrapping around texts in e-mails . . . we must disable TNEF (Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format) in Microsoft Outlook to ensure that texts (contained in those e-mails which are created with Microsoft Outlook) are properly wrapped around when e-mails are resized on BlackBerry 10 devices.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000070.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	223196

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000071.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	223197
    12-25-13 01:53 AM

What changed in 1055?

Also to my knowledge TNEF only comes into play when someone tries to use Outlook's Rich Text format which thankfully hasn't been the default format in Outlook for the last 3 or 4 versions so its pretty rare to run into it.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 11:25 AM