You are correct in a technical sense. The OP's point is that there are probably more intuitive ways to organize this.

The easiest, most obvious (to me) way would be a triangle with a plus sign dipping below subject line into the top right corner of the email body itself.
    Or it could a triangle or small tab that said: More.
    To me that would be too similar to the triangle '+' areas which pull up pickers. Even in the CB application you have to hide the keyboard to get at the action bar. There are many aspects of the BB10 user interface that are not intuative until you learn how the interface works. Then the consitency of the design allows familiarity to bring on efficiency. This is not all that different from the legacy BB UI and other interfaces that are built for efficiency favoring an experienced user. You are all right in that this sometimes makes things less obvious for casual users. That is one of the reasons I haven't tried to move my Mother from an iPhone to a BB, even though she likes the keyboard. The iPhone UI is more straight forward for her to use, and she wouldn't really fully use a BB10, she doesn't really fully use her iPhone.
    06-21-13 09:35 PM
    I like it. It takes all of 3 milliseconds to dismiss the keyboard. Very efficient.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 09:37 PM
    Tapping compose does it for me too. Tried it a few times before i could get it to do it, but now does it everytime. I like holding down the space bar better.
    06-21-13 09:49 PM
    I have to disagree with having "attach" etc on top, as that's quite a reach for my thumb.. Whether I type one-handed or two, it's always with my thumb(s) at the bottom of the device, so the long-press of the spacebar works well for me to hide the keyboard - and my thumb is already in position to select "attach"
    I actually just meant for the format menu, since it appears below the subject line anyway.
    I don't think I was clear enough.

Been a very long day at the end of a very long week...

This is how you CB10, son!
    06-21-13 10:45 PM
    I actually just meant for the format menu, since it appears below the subject line anyway.
    I don't think I was clear enough.

Been a very long day at the end of a very long week...

This is how you CB10, son!
    Actually I was referencing the suggestion in the original post (should have quoted)but on rereading, I may have misunderstood that suggestion anyway (perhaps on top was on top of keyboard not at top of screen) ? Oh well.... long day and long week etc.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 11:00 PM
30 12