Hi, I installed latest os last week I'm in UK with orange with z10. I have an outlook email account and since update it's getting disconnected from phone many times a day. It happened on odd occasions may be once a month on old os but I would get a notification in hub with the bell symbol this isn't happening now so I have to keep constantly checking accounts to see what's connected. The only thing I can think of that's different is Ive just added a second email account, Gmail could this be causing it? Any ideas for fixes oh and I'm not very technical! Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:41 PM
    Email account keeps being disconnected-img_20140203_182435.png
    This is what I see when I open email on account set up page. I put in passwords and it's set up again but sometimes for less than an hour.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:48 PM
    There are a few people having this issue...me included... on aol, Gmail, yahoo. The only option seems to be that if we keep turning onto wifi then back to mobile that the email accounts see a different IP address and trip out possibly for security. It's something that needs to be looked at as ASAP, because it is very inconvenient.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:56 PM
    I've tried deleting my new gmail account from hub to see if having just one outlook account in hub helps that's what I had uo until a few days ago. Least I'm not alone with this problem

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 04:06 AM
    Hi roosterroo,
    I had similar problems for a short while with my email accounts. After a lot of deleting and restoring the accounts I contacted my ISP and had them talk me through setting up the accounts from new. All fine since. What I did notice was that the problem could have been caused by the choice of POP or IMAP accounts and their corresponding port settings. In a nutshell, even though these things should be configured automatically, sometimes they differ. Contact your ISP and check all the settings for your accounts is the best I can offer. It worked for me.
    02-04-14 04:35 AM
    ok thank you. ive deleted both accounts now and will try set up again
    02-04-14 04:54 AM
    ok thank you. ive deleted both accounts now and will try set up again
    Please let us know how you get on
    02-04-14 06:44 AM
    my other half has just set it up from scratch again and so far so good
    02-04-14 11:31 AM
    Ok didn't work lasted about half hour before disconnecting my email account again! Anyone else have any ideas I'm having to check my accounts every half hour or so and set up my email again and again as there is no way if knowing it's being disconnected.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:41 PM
    Ok it gets weirder! Deleted my Gmail account from phone leaving only outlook one and although it says it's not connected to phone I can send and receive mail!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 04:41 PM
    Encountering this problem as well. Every time I restart my phone. My work email re syncs all the messages.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 05:49 PM
    Same problem here. Every time I shut off the phone and turn it back on, it disconnects my work outlook email account and removes all the contacts saved on my pc. Need to reinput my password and then it reloads the emails and contacts, but takes atleast an hour.
    02-05-14 12:08 PM
    I had this problem with the 1899 radio. Not sure what it has to do with it but I haven't had the issue since upgrading to 1926 radio.
    Could be worth a shot anyway. Also with 1899 my wifi would randomly disconnect.

STL100-4, .1925 OS, .1926 radio
    02-05-14 12:19 PM
    I have to jump in here too. My work email accounts (2) work fine. My home Comcast account occasionally does not sync. I can send from it, I get no error messages, but it will not receive. The only way to fix it is to go into the account, change the password, let it fail when it tries to save, re-enter the correct password, save, and then the missing emails come flooding in. All is fine for several days until it happens again. I cannot find a common behavior that could cause this. Never happened before the 10.2.1 update. Other hub accounts have no problems.
    02-09-14 07:48 AM
    I got this a few times on Gmail too. So far I just delete the Gmail and set it up again. Annoying for sure.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    02-09-14 09:37 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140203_182435.png 
Views:	660 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	244650
    This is what I see when I open email on account set up page. I put in passwords and it's set up again but sometimes for less than an hour.

Posted via CB10
    I do not believe it is a BlackBerry problem.
    Here's why.
    I had the exact same problem last week here in the U.S. accessing my Earthlink email accounts with my Z10. My wife was also having the same problem with her Android phone.

If I turned off only my cellular wireless data services and turned on wifi, everything worked fine on both phones. But anytime I would turn data services back on I would loose my Earthlink service. Gmail continued to work though on both phones.

I contacted my cell carrier and a level one tech support person tried blaming it on Earthlink not being a quality provider. After politely telling him I disagreed with his statement because I have had no problems for over 5 yrs and I was seeing the problem with a BlackBerry and Android phone. At this point he backed up and said he would need to pass me on to level 2 support.

Level 2 support tried a couple of things then told me it was probably a BlackBerry problem and he couldn't contact them until the next day. I will admit I had only been talking about my Z10 and hadn't mentioned my wife's Android yet.

The next day I did receive a text msg stating they determined it was a carrier problem and a case number. By that time though, the problem went away. Got another text after that saying it was fixed.

Whether there was a problem with Earthlink accessing my carriers network or the other way around I'll never know. But check with your carrier and email provider. They may need to talk to each other.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:11 AM
    Same here. And for all of you who have auto-signature "on" and have customized it (say for your work signature), make sure you check to see that it hasn't changed. Every time this reload / resync of emails,contacts,calendar happens my auto-signature changes back to the default "sent from my blackberry..." signature

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:16 AM
    Good point.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:19 AM
    Many new email providers have started using 2 Step authentication which is incompatible with some smartphones and tablets - on many different platforms. Yahoo, Google, Microsoft have all acknowledged this and allow you to setup a secondary password for use with such devices. Yahoo calls it an App Password. I've never done it for Google but in Yahoo's case you need to go into account settings and there's an option there for you to setup an App Password and it will generate a password for you. For Outlook / hotmail you can go into the settings and there are similar options. One of them is to install an app on your device which would generate a code for you to authenticate your device. It's quite cumbersome and really a step backwards in terms of usability for email but it works. Once you setup your App passwords you won't get disconnected or invalidated from your email accounts again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 02-09-14 at 09:08 PM.
    02-09-14 11:14 AM
    Since deleting my Gmail account and just having my outlook account it seems to have settled down, I'm sending and receiving ok. Very little comes into my Gmail account so I'll leave that off z10 for time being. As I said before at one point it was saying it wasn't connected but I could still send and receive mail!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 11:30 AM
    It is a BlackBerry problem, here's the link http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl I've found Outlook to be quite stable, it's when I deal with IMAP I get the problem.

Don't have any email issues on my kindle fire or iPhone, just my z30. Really hoped it would be resolved in the update but no joy.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:47 PM
    Brutal! I just had to restart due to Twitter upgrade and now all my messages are cleared out and once again it's reloading/re-syncing message by message, starting from 30 days ago which once again the over an hour leaving me without access to latest messages until complete. It is unacceptable that I should be afraid to turn off my phone or live in fear of battery dying or inserting a second battery!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:59 PM
    It is a BlackBerry problem, here's the link http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl I've found Outlook to be quite stable, it's when I deal with IMAP I get the problem.

Don't have any email issues on my kindle fire or iPhone, just my z30. Really hoped it would be resolved in the update but no joy.

Posted via CB10
    Either you're trolling or your reasoning is flawed. That link you posted just shows that BlackBerry acknowledges that someone reported that type of behavior as an issue. It doesn't prove, indicate, nor imply that it's a BlackBerry problem. It's not a BlackBerry problem. If it were then Yahoo and Microsoft would've singled out BlackBerry Devices as the only ones needing App Passwords due to two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...p-verification

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-acco...-sln15241.html

http://www.tuaw.com/2013/10/01/yahoo...words-for-ios/

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 05:06 PM
    I had the same problem with my AOL email. It was happening several times a day at one point, constantly needing to update my password. That was maybe 2 months ago, it's since stopped. I've done no updates, or deleting and reinstalling or anything special, it just seemed to stop on its own. Guess I got lucky.

Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2074 AT&T
    02-09-14 05:30 PM
    Either you're trolling or your reasoning is flawed. That link you posted just shows that BlackBerry acknowledges that someone reported that type of behavior as an issue. It doesn't prove, indicate, nor imply that it's a BlackBerry problem. It's not a BlackBerry problem. If it were then Yahoo and Microsoft would've singled out BlackBerry Devices as the only ones needing App Passwords due to two-step verification.

App passwords and two-step verification - Microsoft Windows

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-acco...-sln15241.html

Yahoo! introduces sign-in verification, "app passwords" for iOS | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Posted via CB10
    That's a lot of presumptions you've got going on there and you're wrong. You're taking for granted everyone has the same problem. My business accounts don't have a 2 step verification process, which is why im not having this issue on any other platform. If it were a 2 step issue then granted, it wouldn't be a BB problem. In my case and in many other peoples cases it is a BB problem.
    02-09-14 07:28 PM
28 12