Does anyone find this very annoying? For me this is probably the BIGGEST problem among every un satisfaction Z10 may have.

I tend to use my old 9900 basically as my moving office. Lots of information and record are stored and referenced around email. You can always look up past information in the email dated years ago to dig out anything you may need. Now, it's impossible.

I do believe this makes BlackBerry a less useful work machine. Really hope this could be changed in near future.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 03:01 AM
    There are already a number of threads about this. We believe this will be addressed in a BB 10 update. One of the threads showed a Blackberry twitter post confirming it would be addressed, but the post didn't indicate how.
    03-23-13 11:03 AM
    I purchased and returned the Z10 for this reason. It was a deal breaker!
    03-23-13 11:12 AM
    I purchased and returned the Z10 for this reason. It was a deal breaker!
    What a shame that you were not willing to accept that it will be addressed in a software update. Not that it was a hardware limitation. You would seriously have to start afresh when you switch to a new device, and the software update would arrive within the 30 days, to have made any impact on you. Which meant, you wouldn't even realise it was an issue. Puzzling.
    03-23-13 11:17 AM
    It's an annoyance, while not deal breaker for me as I have around 20-30 emails a day, not like I need to find something often enough beyond 30 days. If I do I'll probably do it in outlook (since I have things archived there anyway).

Would be nice if it did tho, my previous phone note2 I had 3 yrs of email synced to it across 5 accounts, it lagged the **** out of it, interesting to see if Z10 will be the same.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:36 AM
    I live by my email and in fact send / receive over 600 emails a month. I too thought an update would solve this, however a "Blackberry rep" came into the store and when I asked him he said "it was not a big concern for BlackBerry". So yes, unfortunately it was a concern for me and thus a dealbreaker.
    03-23-13 11:46 AM
    Yeah it sucks to have that many emails fml

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:10 PM
    I can't say the 30 day limit bothers me much. I use Gmail with my 9900 and can always search messages remotely in advanced search. Still, as there is no BIS with BB10 I can't see why they limit this any more
    03-23-13 12:16 PM
    Does anyone find this very annoying? For me this is probably the BIGGEST problem among every un satisfaction Z10 may have.

I tend to use my old 9900 basically as my moving office. Lots of information and record are stored and referenced around email. You can always look up past information in the email dated years ago to dig out anything you may need. Now, it's impossible.

I do believe this makes BlackBerry a less useful work machine. Really hope this could be changed in near future.

Posted via CB10
    It most likely will be addressed in the 10.1 update, as it is a concern of many users. That option, as well as the ability to 'continue searching on server' would be two welcome updates to the OS. As I say, I'm sure it's coming, hopefully in the next update.
    03-23-13 12:18 PM
    For myself, I read and erase my emails the same day I receive them.
    If the email is important, I flag the email and it is saved in the Remember folder.
    I created a new folder called Flagged Important Email and can refer to them any time I need.

Proudly posted via Z10 on CB10
    03-23-13 12:19 PM
    For myself, I read and erase my emails the same day I receive them.
    If the email is important, I flag the email and it is saved in the Remember folder.
    I created a new folder called Flagged Important Email and can refer to them any time I need.

But do you know if emails that have been flagged, and that have been added to Remember, AND are older than 30 days stay in Remember, or do they dissappear after 30 days? I'm using Remember like this but I haven't been doing it for thirty days yet so I don't know if it works or not.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:39 PM
    Let me add to my last comment.
    After you flag the email, you will find the email in the Remember folder. Click on the email and Edit, then you can choose which folder you want it to go into.
    Then you can add things like: voice notes, pictures, attachments to help in recalling the email. Very productive if you ask me.

Then you can access the email any given time. With all your added information.

03-23-13 12:44 PM
    But do you know if emails that have been flagged, and that have been added to Remember, AND are older than 30 days stay in Remember, or do they dissappear after 30 days? I'm using Remember like this but I haven't been doing it for thirty days yet so I don't know if it works or not.

Posted via CB10
    To be honest, I've only had my Z10 for a month, and unsure if it'll go beyond 30 days. At the moment I've never needed any emails older than a week old.

03-23-13 12:48 PM
    Glad to know BlackBerry will address this. Interesting to see how.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:05 PM
    To be honest, I've only had my Z10 for a month, and unsure if it'll go beyond 30 days. At the moment I've never needed any emails older than a week old.

Can you please check this and let us know on this post when you're past 30 days? I'm going to check myself, but that will be almost 3 weeks. The suspense is killing me.
    03-23-13 03:31 PM
    OKAY, I found an old email from February 22nd on my Z10.
    I flagged the email and put it into my Remember Important Folder I created earlier.
    Then added more notes, took a picture, saved a voice note and added an attachment to get the whole file experience.

This morning was 30 days.
    So going to the Remember file folder this morning to check.... My 30 day old email was not present.
    Not to be found, so you are correct, even if you try to save the email to your Remember folder, it will get erased.
    Sad but true.
    03-24-13 03:46 PM
    Shoot. I expected that, but hoped I was wrong. So, it seems like we really need that much anticipated "10.1" release.

Back to Web mail for the older stuff.
    03-24-13 03:53 PM
    This needs to be fixed.

Is the 30 days thing a hangover from older BIS culture? I really don't get it.

That said - if I try to "search the server" for an old email on my iPhone 4S - it does a totally rotten job (failing mostly).

But disappearing a saved email from a baked in app called "Remember" is laughable.

Less Getting Things Done and more getting things forgotten.

Regardless I am getting a Q10 as soon as they hit the UK.

(Switches on positive thinking mind ray and turns to face Canada)
    03-24-13 04:00 PM
    What a shame that you were not willing to accept that it will be addressed in a software update. Not that it was a hardware limitation. You would seriously have to start afresh when you switch to a new device, and the software update would arrive within the 30 days, to have made any impact on you. Which meant, you wouldn't even realise it was an issue. Puzzling.
    I'm in the same boat - just bought and activated the Z10, which won't load my previous emails from my old BB. I search it constantly for previous conversations with clients. Yes, it's backed up on Outlook - but if I need to resort to that, then the upgrade from a Torch is really a laptop. (or maybe tablet?)

Until Blackberry fixes this issue I'm going to switch back to using my old unit. What if they don't fix it for several months? I'm going to have a nightmare re-installing the old phone's msgs without losing the Z10's current msgs, plus there'll be a gap in the memory from the msgs erased by the 30day limit.

I waited for a long time for this phone, and I otherwise really like it. (I'm even getting used to the keyboard!) So I'm very disappointed ... but I might as well return the Z10 and give myself options as other phones are launched.
    03-25-13 10:28 AM
    I returned the z10 because I thought the search features for email were very poorly implemented. Had I known I couldn't search beyond 30 days, I'd say what a worthless device. How could Blackberry remove the sole reason I use a blackberry...to have mobile access to all my emails.
    04-02-13 06:47 AM
    Where in the world is the option to change the number of days to sync BTW!? Is it only during the setup where you have the option?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 07:10 AM
    Isn't the 30 days just the sync timeframe? The search option does search remotely (on the server) all your emails, doesn't it?
    04-02-13 07:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wow you must have a lot of time on your hands if you really need those emails from years ago to be on your BlackBerry. The norm is to keep a years worth of emails and archive the rest keeping your mailbox as a manageable size.
    04-02-13 07:58 AM
    Does it mean that after 30 days, the email will be deleted from the email server as well? Or just from the phone??

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 09:12 AM
    It is only displaying the emails from the last 30 days. It does not delete any emails unless you delete one yourself

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 09:19 AM
31 12