so just seen on twitter this morning EEUK says BB10 will be coming to their superfast 4GEE network from Launch!!! so excited! cannot wait till the 30th now!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-10-13 03:21 AM
    so just seen on twitter this morning EEUK says BB10 will be coming to their superfast 4GEE network from Launch!!! so excited! cannot wait till the 30th now!!!
    It makes sense really, they haven't got as wide a range of lte handsets out so a bb10 device coming out just now is perfect for them to offset the post-Xmas slump.
    01-10-13 03:26 AM
    but from who's launch? :P
    01-10-13 04:25 PM
    I m on Three and I m happy with my plan. I m going to get the Z10 without a contract, probably SIM free from carphone warehousee. Cant wait!
    01-10-13 06:04 PM
    I m on Three and I m happy with my plan. I m going to get the Z10 without a contract, probably SIM free from carphone warehousee. Cant wait!
    What makes you think it will be SIM free at launch?
    01-11-13 05:50 PM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    OMG. I have been waiting for BB1o for ever!!! Its just in time as my BB torch 986o just bricked so I have had to go back to my 97oo which has no zero button. I'm not even mad.
    But one question..m is it worth going on to EE from t mobile? I have had many network problems during the change. Is it worth paying more monthly to be locked into a longer contract simply for high spped internet? Thoughts please
    01-13-13 08:48 AM
    Those EE data rates would require selling a kidney to pay for. A 500 Mb limit would las as long as a New York Minute. The only reason I can see for going for 4g is if your Network can't provide a signal where you live or work.
    01-14-13 10:21 AM
    What makes you think it will be SIM free at launch?
    carphone warehouse always offers Sim free from my experience.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Pilchard likes this.
    01-14-13 10:37 AM
    Those EE data rates would require selling a kidney to pay for. A 500 Mb limit would las as long as a New York Minute. The only reason I can see for going for 4g is if your Network can't provide a signal where you live or work.
    This. And CPW have been working with RIM for years.
    01-14-13 11:10 AM
    I have found that Car Phone Warehouse's prices have not been that competitive. You'd likely get a beeter deal on Price via Amazon. If you look at CPW's off contract prices and compare them with the price on Amazon, Amazon wins out practically every time.
    01-14-13 11:32 AM
    I have found that Car Phone Warehouse's prices have not been that competitive. You'd likely get a beeter deal on Price via Amazon. If you look at CPW's off contract prices and compare them with the price on Amazon, Amazon wins out practically every time.
    When I bought my 9900 in September 2011 I found the most economical way was to use a Quidco cashback deal with O2. I received �100 cashback and �125 worth of free Arsenal kit (good job I support Arsenal then!) The �100 cashback meant I only paid about �100 for the phone plus a reasonably priced 2 year deal.
    01-14-13 12:33 PM
    The EE roaming tariff is really good for an extra �5 a month I think I'll be getting that, best roaming tariff for the UK at the moment
    01-15-13 03:41 PM
    I'm not touching EE. If they were priced the same as 3G, I probably would, but I'm just straight up not paying any premium whatsoever for it.

Here's why: At home I have Wifi. At the office in London I have Wifi. Between the two I'm on trains. On the underground, no signal what so ever. On the overground into and out of London, theres a tunnel every 10 minutes so the signal is somewhat sporadic. If I'm traveling out to see clients and such it's a crap shoot if there is 4G there anyway.

I just can't think of any useful way to use 4G under those constraints.

In a few years when 4G is more universal and the costs come down some, then sure, why not I guess. But in my present lifestyle I can't see any real benefit. What are you people doing with your devices that demands the extra speed? I wanna download something substantial then I can step into a starbucks and grab it, or just live with it taking a minute instead of 30 seconds. As for mobile video... even setting aside that video streaming will dissolve battery life, you can stream pretty well on 3G anyway, not perfectly but well enough for it to not be an issue. I can't think of a situation where you'd be stuck somewhere with no Wifi but also rocking 4G coverage and that you'd want to just start streaming TV shows. Personally, I carry my TV shows with me.

Edit-

Also, data caps people... Even assuming a situation does come up where you could make use of all that speed, you are going to be either running against the cap pretty fast, or paying a LOT of money. If you going to stream you'll need over 1Gb, but anything over that will cost a LOT more than any competing network. Even their 1Gb plans are 10% over the competition, and that adds up. The 3gb plans are about 20% over the competition, and then beyond that you're getting silly. An 8gb plan is FIFTY SIX QUID.

So how much are you really going to use that speed? It better be a LOT.
    Last edited by EGerhardt; 01-15-13 at 04:37 PM.
    01-15-13 04:23 PM
    Well I'm just glad my upgrade is due on the 31st, just hoping they are getting. The white Z10 and I will be a very happy bunny.
    01-15-13 05:29 PM