Thanks for this. I out the eBay app on my Z10 and noticed my battery dieing incredibly fast too. Guess just have to wait for the native.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:07 PM
    A classmate/friend had the same experience. We installed the eBay app at a sleepover the night before, and from 8AM to 1 PM, the battery had completely died. No usage, phone at min. brightness, LTE turned off, phone locked. eBay app deleted, and everything was back to normal.
    03-26-13 02:49 PM
    Interesting...I have noticed no such "battery drain" behaviour, when using the Ebay app (or leaving it just running in background), on my phone. Battery usage remains the same.
    03-26-13 02:54 PM
    There's that for the naysayers who do not believe in background apps. The android player.

I had a Memory Eater. Bar on my pc, laying around, so I sideloaded it to my Z10. It kills the android player (until I open and Android app again, of course) and makes my battery silky smooth.

If you guys want it, I could give it to you.
    me too pls Frank!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    03-27-13 01:27 AM
    It only seems to drain when you are logged into ebay. I had the app for several days without any issue but as soon as I logged in it was as if someone had left the battery tap open.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 04:21 AM
    My phone is back to normal now it's gone.

I still have it sideloaded though.
    03-27-13 04:25 AM
    4 pages +1 on the battery drain with the eBay app. Only used it signed in so can only comment on that but battery would be dead within 5 hours.
    03-27-13 05:54 AM
    Plus one, I was trying all sorts and now I know...Thank you so much
    03-27-13 06:39 AM
    Right so I decided to download and install ebay again so I did and then did a reboot. So i used my z10 the way I normally do and unlike the first time I downloaded ebay...it seems that my battery hasn't been affected like it did the first time when I downloaded and installed ebay.

So maybe people need to do a reboot when they have installed ebay and that should solve the if battery drain problems.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 07:04 PM
    I thought I was going crazy. Went from no issues at all with battery life to suddenly always looking for somewhere to plug in. I only used the app a couple of times. Seemed like a battery pull (which I never do!!!!!!) would help for a while. Bye bye Ebay. Spend some time on a real app for BB10. CrackBerry whipped up a great app in a couple of days.
    03-27-13 07:44 PM
    Have you tried disabling the notifications in the apps settings? I'd imagine that it polling would be the cause of battery issues, if it's not polling then it should be ok, and will at least allow ebay searches and purchases etc
    Several folks have quoted this as the solution and yet not sure anyone's noting it.

Posted via CB10
    slparry likes this.
    03-27-13 09:30 PM
    Is there anyway to petition ebay besides leaving complaints under reviews in BlackBerry world? I really need the app so hopefully it will be sorted out soon!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:37 PM
    Maybe you need to port the android app

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 05:15 AM
    Is that what that is? I wondered why my battery all of one sudden went from close to full to completely dead in a few hours with little use.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:23 AM
    Yes. Or use the browser to mobile site.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 09:43 AM
    Several folks have quoted this as the solution and yet not sure anyone's noting it.

Posted via CB10
    Well i didnt even use the app the first time i downloaded it, so for even without any useage my battery took a huge hit and i deleted it.

But last night i re-downloaded it and installed it and this time i did a reboot and seems like my battery hasnt taken a huge hit like it did when i originally installed the app. I still have some battery drain but not to the extent i had when i first had ebay on my phone.
    03-28-13 09:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    The notifications don't work properly either.
    03-28-13 10:56 AM
92 ... 234