I've searched the forums but couldn't find any topic related, anyway, I don't know why but recently the native music player is creating duplicate songs, I don't know why, yesterday playing through my music library, I figured out that there was a song playing with another album art (I like to have all the album art for all my songs) and when I went to check inside the album, there were duplicates of some songs in the album, found it really strange, but then I found out that a couple of the albums were like that, and in some cases the song only played halfway, not even a good duplicate :s

Anyone else having this issue? If so, how do you fix it?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:02 PM
    I've searched the forums but couldn't find any topic related, anyway, I don't know why but recently the native music player is creating duplicate songs, I don't know why, yesterday playing through my music library, I figured out that there was a song playing with another album art (I like to have all the album art for all my songs) and when I went to check inside the album, there were duplicates of some songs in the album, found it really strange, but then I found out that a couple of the albums were like that, and in some cases the song only played halfway, not even a good duplicate :s

Anyone else having this issue? If so, how do you fix it?

Posted via CB10
    i had that issue w/ my 9850 when i 1st got it,,, i think i solved it by manually checking each album/artist in DTM/BBLink,,, pain in the azz i know, but saves a ton of space...
    diegonei likes this.
    04-13-13 12:20 PM
    I did but for some reason it happened again, no one is having this issue?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 09:29 PM
    I did but for some reason it happened again, no one is having this issue?

Posted via CB10
    Only the ones I accidently put on my sd card twice
    04-13-13 09:32 PM
    There seems to be duplicate problems with everything, contacts, music, email
    04-13-13 09:52 PM
    Only the ones I accidently put on my sd card twice
    Well, all my music is on the media card and without connecting my device to the computer I get the duplicates, it's getting annoying

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 09:52 PM
    Well, all my music is on the media card and without connecting my device to the computer I get the duplicates, it's getting annoying

Posted via CB10
    Weird, I haven't had any duplicate issues with anything on my phone. Not contacts, not media, nothing
    04-13-13 10:08 PM
    I assume that you are finding the duplicate songs using the search tools within the music app. The only time I have ever has a similar problem is when a duplicate folder containing the songs have found their way into your physical file system. The database will include songs with the same id tags in a single album even if the files are in totally different folders. This can happen if a sync has gone bad - e.g.the files may have been synced to both the device memory and your sd card.. The partial songs may be a symptom of an aborted sync operation.as when wifi went down in the midst of a transfer. This is all pure speculation, of course, but strange things can and do happen. The fix is to go into the file system using wifi sharing and deleting the spurious data.
    04-13-13 10:09 PM
    I assume that you are finding the duplicate songs using the search tools within the music app. The only time I have ever has a similar problem is when a duplicate folder containing the songs have found their way into your physical file system. The database will include songs with the same id tags in a single album even if the files are in totally different folders. This can happen if a sync has gone bad - e.g.the files may have been synced to both the device memory and your sd card.. The partial songs may be a symptom of an aborted sync operation.as when wifi went down in the midst of a transfer. This is all pure speculation, of course, but strange things can and do happen. The fix is to go into the file system using wifi sharing and deleting the spurious data.
    Now that u mention it, that may be the case, I've seen a couple of times my pc syncing via wife and I turn it off because I'm leaving for classes or something, how exactly do you do this fix?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:13 PM
    Now that u mention it, that may be the case, I've seen a couple of times my pc syncing via wife and I turn it off because I'm leaving for classes or something, how exactly do you do this fix?

Posted via CB10
    I would first shut of automatic wifi syncing so it doesn't start up when you don't want it to. I would then delete music files in both device memory and on the sd card. Then, and only after making sure that my sync folders have been set up properly in BB Link, I would start up wifi sync and allow it to go to completion.
    04-13-13 10:27 PM
    I would first shut of automatic wifi syncing so it doesn't start up when you don't want it to. I would then delete music files in both device memory and on the sd card. Then, and only after making sure that my sync folders have been set up properly in BB Link, I would start up wifi sync and allow it to go to completion.
    Where do u disable the option of wifi sync?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:22 PM