Last week I was really annoyed about all the duplicate contacts I had created when my facebook/linkedin contacts were added to the phonebook on my Z10. So I went in and cleaned them all up by merging all the duplicates. Yesterday I noticed that there were a few duplicated again so I thought okay, no big deal I'll merge them again. Now this morning I go to text someone and I have duplicate contacts again. Is there any way to tell what program is causing them? The thing that makes it a little worse is that when there is a duplicate it falls out of alphabetical order so you don't even notice two contacts on top of eachother, they are separated by a few other names.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    03-18-13 03:46 PM
    I had a similar problem with contact merger between activesync / Facebook / LinkedIn. I sent a text message to one of my contact and he got it twice.

This function on merging contacts on bb10 is awesome but still a bit young I believe

I'm simply waiting for the next update.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10.
    03-18-13 03:50 PM
    Any contacts u add manually through the phone will create 2 links sim and local, and everytime u pull the batery it unlinks them,. its a known bug. go into contacts and pull down from top and in settings disable sim contacts,.. problem solved, at least for now till this gets fixed
    snarlybear, polytan02 and bros3n like this.
    03-18-13 03:50 PM
    Thanks.

I don't want to store my contacts on the SIM anyway.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10.
    03-18-13 05:18 PM
    I am having the same issue. I just went into settings and turned off all accounts in the contacts menu. Hopefully this will solve the problem for now. I will post an update later.
    03-28-13 09:06 AM
    I fought with that as well yesterday all day.
    Everything is merged fine until you reboot.
    I blew the whole battery to figure this out.
    I ended up deleting every contact and punched in all 90 of them by hand and cleaned up the synced ones on outlook.com to be entered the same way.
    That was a very frustrating experience.
    Once you got it going, DON'T change the phone number category from like mobile to home or work, as this will mess it up again. Also changes to the first and last names will mess it up again as well.
    This is a mess and needs to be addressed.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 09:15 AM
    Are they duplicated in the contact list itself? When I open Contacts, they're all linked like they should be; it's only when I compose a new message and start to enter a name that the multiples come up, but then I'm able to select the exact number or email address I want for that contact. At first I thought it was a little weird, but it does make sense -- rather than opening up the contact and selecting from all their numbers/addresses, you just select it right from the To box.

If your problem is duplicates in your contacts list itself, then just ignore my blathering...
    03-28-13 09:29 AM
    I have tried by disabling sim card contacts but then problem remains same. Whenever a new contact is created it automatically creates double one for main and another for sim. Don't understand how to resolve it?

Prithvi, pin:24C7DBA9 z10 thru CB10
    03-28-13 09:40 AM
    They are showing up multiple times if the view is set to "All", sometimes also in just SIM or other contact list view. Thing is if the entries in the local or synced list is not identically entered as it is on the SIM, the phone gets confused and gets picky and makes multiple entries.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 09:56 AM
    I have this problem with my Gmail contacts. When I link my Gmail, Facebook, LinkedIN contacts together it appears that CardDav doesn't recognize or find the Gmail contact anymore and so adds another Gmail contact. Then I am left with duplicate contacts for each contact that I have on Gmail: 1 Linked contact (Gmail, Facebook, LinkedIN) and 1 Gmail only contact.

It is pretty annoying but I don't think there is a fix for this. When Gmail stopped supporting Activesync (ie. Google Sync) the contact syncing became a problem on my Torch as well. It appears the Z10 has the same problem. So it is more of an issue with CardDav than the phone.

I guess a workaround is hiding the Gmail contacts from the contact list after you have linked all your contacts. However, if I then make changes to my contacts on Gmail the linked contacts will not be updated. Therefore, it's not that great of a solution.
    03-28-13 10:59 AM
    I have this problem with my Gmail contacts. When I link my Gmail, Facebook, LinkedIN contacts together it appears that CardDav doesn't recognize or find the Gmail contact anymore and so adds another Gmail contact. Then I am left with duplicate contacts for each contact that I have on Gmail: 1 Linked contact (Gmail, Facebook, LinkedIN) and 1 Gmail only contact.

It is pretty annoying but I don't think there is a fix for this. When Gmail stopped supporting Activesync (ie. Google Sync) the contact syncing became a problem on my Torch as well. It appears the Z10 has the same problem. So it is more of an issue with CardDav than the phone.

I guess a workaround is hiding the Gmail contacts from the contact list after you have linked all your contacts. However, if I then make changes to my contacts on Gmail the linked contacts will not be updated. Therefore, it's not that great of a solution.
    Having the exact same issue, I even got to the point where there was 3 similar Google contacts. This result is surprising as it just started happening recently so it makes me think that it is not os related but something back end with Google re carddav. A work around for me was to delete the carddav contacts and re import using exchange setup. When you set up the exchange Gmail account I only synced the contacts and not the email or calendar which are already set up via imap and caldav.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 12:39 AM
    Having the exact same issue, I even got to the point where there was 3 similar Google contacts. This result is surprising as it just started happening recently so it makes me think that it is not os related but something back end with Google re carddav. A work around for me was to delete the carddav contacts and re import using exchange setup. When you set up the exchange Gmail account I only synced the contacts and not the email or calendar which are already set up via imap and caldav.

Posted via CB10
    Cool, I am glad that worked for you. I ended up moving all my contacts to hotmail (outlook.com now) and then syncing that with my Z10 via Activesync. This has worked much better. It is still not 100% as some of my hotmail contacts aren't coming through for some reason but most of them work fine. At least I don't have an issue with duplicate contacts anymore.
    03-29-13 08:57 AM
    That is until you make changes to any one of your contacts, like changing a phone number and the drama starts again.
    I have messed with the duplicates now sin e several days now and this thing just does what it wants at random.
    After every reboot contacts unlink each other for no reason..it's one **** of a mess. I can't believe the code writers never had this happen before release..
    03-31-13 08:30 PM
    Link local contacts to others. Do not take any others to link.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:47 PM
    After linking done, do not restart immediately. Only restart after few hours.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:49 PM
    I use Gmail for my contact, if you make a new contact in the phone it will make a local, Gmail & sim contact. I just do it from my computer or Nexus 7

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:53 PM