I have somehow managed to have my Z10 save two of each picture I take with the camera. Any ideas on how to stop this from happening?
    05-10-13 05:54 PM
    I have somehow managed to have my Z10 save two of each picture I take with the camera. Any ideas on how to stop this from happening?
    Are you sure you actually save two of each or are just looking at the listing wrong? e.g. Recently Added and Recently Viewed?
    angieberry10 likes this.
    05-10-13 05:57 PM
    Ack!! I have no clue..i hope help is on its way

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 05:57 PM
    Or are you using 10.1 and enabled HDR with it set to save original and HDR images?
    05-10-13 06:56 PM
    Or are you using 10.1 and enabled HDR with it set to save original and HDR images?
    Right. If that setting is on, then the OP will really have two of the same image: a HDR version, and a usual copy.

But I think Bla1ze is right. It's just a matter of how the Z10 shows stuff. I'd suggest hitting Albuns at the bottom and checking the folders to make sure.

And welcome to the forums.
    05-10-13 07:59 PM
    using 10.0.10.85 No idea where to look for HDR?
    05-10-13 08:14 PM
    using 10.0.10.85 No idea where to look for HDR?
    Then Bla1ze has the likely answer. HDR first became available in 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:50 PM
    Bla1ze is incorrect. All of my pics are duplicated in my camera folder. I can't believe I can not find info on this issue. I can't be the only one
    05-11-13 10:41 AM
    Are duplicates in the same folder?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:44 AM
    Bla1ze is incorrect. All of my pics are duplicated in my camera folder. I can't believe I can not find info on this issue. I can't be the only one
    Let's troubleshoot this in steps so we can narrow it down:

-go to a website and download a picture to the camera folder. Navigate to that folder using file manager and see if that picture is duplicated.

-take a screenshot by long pressing the two volume keys. Navigate to the folder using file manager and see if that screenshot is duplicated.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:53 AM
    I am having the same issue. Happens with every picture or video taken with my Z10 camera. It is driving me insane so I hope someone has a solution.

To clarify, it's not HDR. After reading your comments I went into camera settings and noted that it was set to "off". I turned it on, took a picture and noted it was duplicated. Turned it off, took another picture and it is still duplicated.

Same happens when I take screenshots. If I download and save a photo, then I don't have this issue. Not that I've noticed anyway. I haven't downloaded anything in a while.

When I tried to delete 120 previously duplicated photos they had disappeared but then I go back into the folder and they are there again.

Also, it's not the recently viewed vs recently added.

This issue started occurring in November. In thinking it's the latest software "downgrade" . I'm having other issues with my phone and they've gotten worse with the latest OS version.
    01-05-14 09:41 PM
    in the camera settings, by swiping down, not the three dots, you find as 3rd: save original when pics in HDR... so turn that off... the pics won't duplicate!

duplicate pictures on the Z10? How do I stop the madness...-img_00001815.png

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    01-05-14 09:46 PM
    Like I said, it is already turned off. Any idea what else it could be?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 09:52 PM
    are you using the "normal" photography mode? or series (3 dots-options-menue)... if series, it is sufficient that your finger touches the screen that a minimum of 2 photos are shot, espeacially if the focussing square is green. Turn into normal...
    Attachment 236370
    Else, can't figure it out.
    Sorry

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    01-05-14 10:10 PM
    Shooting mode is normal. *Sigh*, well thanks for your help. It must be a glitch with the system update.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 10:14 PM
    I'm having the same issue and it appears the Pictures app pulls images from both the BB10 device AND your backup (in my case Box). I can't seem to find anyway to turn this Box feed off (which I would love to do because seeing 2 of every image is a huge pain in the ***...). Open to any ideas...
    06-17-14 11:47 AM