Hi all, when I removed my gmail contacts account I had one copy left of the contacts so not all have been erased. When I added the gmail contacts again I go the duplicates again. How can I delete all my contacts from my Z10 and then sync again?
    04-03-13 12:42 PM
    It`s not a WhatsApp Problem, I never ever had installed WhatsApp on my Z10!
    It`s not a Google Problem - all my other devices iOS/OS X, the webface and Android didn`t show any duplicates in the contacts!

I think BlackBerry has a bug in the cardDAV protocol/script.
    Google stopped supporting active sync about the 9th of Feb, I got my Z10 on the 5th, and Telus replaced it with a new one on the 11th my Google account failed to work after that even though I've been a Google user for 2 years, I have repeatedly had issues with their little sync program and with the double authentication they have. As I said it's way too much of a time eater to try and figure Googles ever changing landscape and games they play so I have switched to Outlook and haven't had any these issues and I just forward my Gmail to outlook and if the contact is important I send them an email saying you can get ahold of me at my new outlook address. I have no duplicate contact issues or calender or email issues, once BlackBerry sends out the fix for the 30 day limit I'm all good

Life doesn't need to be so complicated and Google makes it that way.

Posted from my Zed 10*CA*
    Ecm likes this.
    04-03-13 12:51 PM
    Am moving away from AAPL's ecosystem, and am moving away from Google's also.

I guess this means I'll have to use Opera browser from now on.

... I've been a Google user for ... repeatedly had issues ....
    Life doesn't need to be so complicated and Google makes it that way.
    ...10*CA*
    Ditto, am moving away from Google's ecosystem too.

Earlier today I posted about my successful migration to a @live.com environment. So far so good.

See post # 18 at
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tabase-789091/
    Last edited by Davidro1; 04-03-13 at 01:20 PM. Reason: added my thread
    04-03-13 01:19 PM
    Just happened for the third time for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:31 PM
    forgot to mention above, that at first I had only two Contacts show up, then a dozen, then a hundred, which then got mostly duplicated and even sometimes triplicated. That was with Gmail.
    04-03-13 01:35 PM
    It's definitely a z10 sync issue with GMAIL, as I said I took my sim out of my z10 and used my HTC 8X for most of the day today and no duplicate contacts issues with my sync on the HTC and I using the same sync method on both devices.

I hate to keep asking, but I am really hoping the software folks at BlackBerry are reading these post and are incorporating some of these fixes in the next update which needs to get released sooner rather then later.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:39 PM
    It's definitely a z10 sync issue with GMAIL, as I said I took my sim out of my z10 and used my HTC 8X for most of the day today and no duplicate contacts issues with my sync on the HTC and I using the same sync method on both devices.

I hate to keep asking, but I am really hoping the software folks at BlackBerry are reading these post and are incorporating some of these fixes in the next update which needs to get released sooner rather then later.

Posted via CB10
    How does sync work on Android devices now though? Ever since Google dropped EAS there's a bit of confusion. But maybe on Android it doesn't sync using cardav? Google uses its own sync on the backend of these devices? Why would there be a Gmail app? Even on iOS. It must do something differently.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:46 PM
    It`s not a WhatsApp Problem, I never ever had installed WhatsApp on my Z10!
    It`s not a Google Problem - all my other devices iOS/OS X, the webface and Android didn`t show any duplicates in the contacts!

I think BlackBerry has a bug in the cardDAV protocol/script.
    Just because it doesn't show on other platforms, it does not mean it isn't on Google... Google has been all over the place with little changes and tweaks for sync services since they announced ActiveSync was going down on their end.

If it really was the Z10, why is it no other service provider acts up?

Here is the solution:

1. Uninstall whatsapp

2. Delete google carddav

3. Re-add google carddav

4. Do not install whatsapp until they really really sort out their contact list issue.

HTH.

ast

Posted via CB10
    Cool, but I never had whatsup to begin with...
    battery likes this.
    04-03-13 01:50 PM
    As I said to much BS just use Outlook, Google has been tweaking and fiddling and blah blah blah endlessly. I want my stuff to work. Period and Goggle is flaky period therefore Google is done.

If you like dicking around with your phone and PC all the time well then Google is the answer, me I like to enjoy other finer things in life, pulling my hair out, what little I have because Google tweaked something is what I consider as a finer thing in life.

Oh and just a thought did you maybe think BlackBerry didn't change anything and Google did, I mean suddenly everybody has issues and nothing changed on the phone.

From the Zed of Rockivy
    04-03-13 02:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hard for one vendor to pander to another vendor that is constantly moving the goal posts, or changing the game entirely but stopping certain support of product, BlackBerry doesn't seem to have an issue with this on outlook.com now do they?

Yes the phone is new but it may not always be the issue

From the Zed of Rockivy
    04-03-13 02:49 PM
    Just because it doesn't show on other platforms, it does not mean it isn't on Google... Google has been all over the place with little changes and tweaks for sync services since they announced ActiveSync was going down on their end.

If it really was the Z10, why is it no other service provider acts up?

Cool, but I never had whatsup to begin with...
    It could be the way BB10 handles CardDav... Which isnt Gmail exclusive, but since gmail is largest email provider, more users on BB10 will have issues with this.
    04-03-13 02:51 PM
    I am having this duplication issue as well, and it's driving me nuts, as my gmail contacts are my main contacts!!
    04-03-13 03:27 PM
    I was able to fix the Gmail contacts issue by deleting the google contacts account, then re-adding it. No more duplicates.
    04-03-13 03:30 PM
    I was able to fix the Gmail contacts issue by deleting the google contacts account, then re-adding it. No more duplicates.
    Sit tight and report back when your contacts start breeding again...

It's been over two hours since I manually linked all social entries + duplicates and it seems to be fine now. Anyone else that did the manual linking can confirm this?
    04-03-13 03:39 PM
    I did the delete and re add accounts plus the manual linking, some contacts now have over 6 links, waiting to see if it brews

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 03:57 PM
    Not sure if this helps, but under Contacts, go to Settings... I would turn off 'Sim Card Contacts' under 'Show Account in Contact List'... all my duplicates disappeared when I did that.
    DrWormBoy likes this.
    04-03-13 04:01 PM
    I was good for a couple days. Came back. Frak!

Sent From My Z10 Powered By An Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
    04-03-13 04:05 PM
    Okay so mine re-duplicated again... what the heck!!!
    04-03-13 04:30 PM
    Sit tight and report back when your contacts start breeding again...

It's been over two hours since I manually linked all social entries + duplicates and it seems to be fine now. Anyone else that did the manual linking can confirm this?
    I manual linked when I first got the phone.. still did it recently.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 04:36 PM
    Crap...the contacts came back!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 05:13 PM
    I feel like if CB Kevin came in here and acknowledged this issue it would ease my mind a little. Then there would be proof this issue is getting some attention.
    04-03-13 05:33 PM
    My first post just to add that I am another one with this problem. Duplication appeared, deleted and re-created account, all good for one day, and now duplication just re-appeared. I can also confirm that my WP8 phone does not do this so it must be BB's implementation.
    04-03-13 05:47 PM
    Looks like BlackBerry is aware of the issue. See www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34047

Posted via CB10
    theHip likes this.
    04-03-13 06:00 PM
    Thank you sevied! Glad to see that BB is working on it.
    04-03-13 06:21 PM
    I did this too but then if you wait a while it doubles again.

Posted via CB10
    I did the same thing and it's happening again.......

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:34 PM
193 ... 34567 ...