****, i just noticed I lost a few contacts

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 09:11 PM
    ****, i just noticed I lost a few contacts

Posted via CB10
    go into gmail contact settings and restore from a backup. had to do this just yesterday.

http://support.google.com/mail/answer/1069522?hl=en
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-02-13 09:46 PM
    So I had to import my contacts into gmail to get them onto my Z10 as link didn't work. However, I don't want my contacts on gmail. If I delete the on gmail, will they vanish off my phone?
    04-02-13 09:54 PM
    Just noticed this as well.. it was all fine so this must have happened recently on my device. I'm really curious as to what's at play here.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:37 AM
    I noticed the duplicates today.
    I shut off my gmail contact list and all the duplicates disappeared... but so did some of my contacts.
    So I'm now only using Outlook to sync up my contact list, and added in my missing people.

Too many issues with gmail, so I think I'll be using my Outlook a lot more.
    04-03-13 02:05 AM
    This has happened to me twice. Didn't delete an account because I don't have all my contacts in Gmail to restore. Is it ok to just link the duplicates?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 03:07 AM
    They've duplicated again today!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 03:41 AM
    I deleted my account and re installed my contacts and calendar and now everything is fine.

I am saying this because these issues need to be resolved ASAP, we need 10.0.0.1 released in the couple of weeks, it only takes a few bad vibes with issues like this to male folks look elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 04:06 AM
    Everybody who duplicated. Do you have more then one Gmail account? I removed 2 of my 3 Gmail from the contacts and it got rid on my duplicates it seems.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 04:31 AM
    After reading these posts I checked my Z10 and PlayBook and found duplicates on both. This helped me make up my mind and move the Outlook.com. I am tired of Google.
    DrWormBoy likes this.
    04-03-13 04:56 AM
    So all of a sudden my email stops working had do delete accounts and re install them
    No biggie but I really think Google is not playing nice here

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-03-13 07:55 AM
    I got duplicate contacts too

Posted via z10
    04-03-13 08:07 AM
    This happened to me when I first got my Zed on Feb 5, at the time it had something to do with transferring the contacts from my 9900, to the new phone. It got worse when I had a small issue with my phone a few days later and Telus replaced it for me, since I didn't have my 9900 info anymore to transfer I just set up Gmail and tried to sync and quickly found out that Google had dropped active sync for BlackBerry. The only way to fix it was to get the paid version, after driving around Gmail cryptic website and myriad of options I decided thanks but no thanks Google is rich enough, so I moved my email to outlook.com made that my active sync email, contacts calender and just have imap for Gmail and i don't have the issue. I really think it's a Gmail sync issue as I had this happen with my 9900 and with my playbook in the past. I'm so tired of the ridiculous complexity of Gmail, my time is way to important to be screwing around with that garbage so I have dumped them and gone back to outlook

Welcome Outlook.com I have no issue with you, email works its fast, calender syncs between my playbook and Zed and the world is right.

Stop beating your heads against the wall folks just move to a different service

Posted from my Zed 10*CA*
    04-03-13 08:26 AM
    After reading these posts I checked my Z10 and PlayBook and found duplicates on both. This helped me make up my mind and move the Outlook.com. I am tired of Google.
    Smart very Smart, others should do the same, instead of endlessly dealing with the unnecessary complexity of making the mighty Google run on their phones

04-03-13 08:37 AM
    I have the same issue ...thought I was doing something wrong.
    04-03-13 08:52 AM
    I only sync my contacts through Gmail. All my emails are picked by my outlook.com account that has active sync to my Z10. So I let outlook to do the dirty job of collecting emails and I only sync one account on the bb.

My Gmail contacts duplicated as well, so I deleted the account and added back again. This was yesterday afternoon and so far the duplication hasn't happened again.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:08 AM
    The duplicates are a Gmail problem. Even after deleting a d' re installing the problem just came back a day later. I transfered all my contacts to an old Hotmail account I had, it now works like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:55 AM
    Argggg its slowly chewing up my contacts

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:26 AM
    Here is the solution:

1. Uninstall whatsapp

2. Delete google carddav

3. Re-add google carddav

4. Do not install whatsapp until they really really sort out their contact list issue.

HTH.

ast

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:35 AM
    WhatsApp is causing this?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:55 AM
    I already have my contacts moved to outkook.com so I just deleted the Gmail contacts account and added the outlook one. Such an easy fix. My calendar and email is with Google however and I'm much more reluctant to switch from these as I am rather invested in it as far as how people contact me. But contacts? Who cares where they come from. Google made it really easy to ditch that service.. and that says a lot about Google because if it were easier to just switch emails and calendars as well, I'm sure many people would make the switch pretty quick and ditch Google altogether.

Also, don't delete the duplicates.. you may be deleting the actual Google contacts.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:56 AM
    Smart very Smart, others should do the same, instead of endlessly dealing with the unnecessary complexity of making the mighty Google run on their phones

My playbook hadn't duplicated, but then again my playbook is using Google under active sync. This makes me think it's a Google cardav issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:00 PM
    Here is the solution:

1. Uninstall whatsapp

2. Delete google carddav

3. Re-add google carddav

4. Do not install whatsapp until they really really sort out their contact list issue.

HTH.

ast

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you could give us a little more info before making an outlandish claim? I see no evidence to support your theory thus far, as if this was a whatsapp issue then all contacts would be duplicated no matter what service your using. Ie it wouldn't be isolated only to Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    battery likes this.
    04-03-13 12:04 PM
    It`s not a WhatsApp Problem, I never ever had installed WhatsApp on my Z10!
    It`s not a Google Problem - all my other devices iOS/OS X, the webface and Android didn`t show any duplicates in the contacts!

I think BlackBerry has a bug in the cardDAV protocol/script.
    04-03-13 12:07 PM
    Outlandish claim? Im sorry for this.
    But this seem to work for me. Basically i believe (not claiming anything), its coming apps thats have permission to 'access' our contacts. Everytime I installed and use whatsapp, I noticed the contacts messed up, noticed that a couple of install and uninstall of whatsapp, again, im not claiming anything, maybe its just with my Z10.

Maybe you could give us a little more info before making an outlandish claim? I see no evidence to support your theory thus far, as if this was a whatsapp issue then all contacts would be duplicated no matter what service your using. Ie it wouldn't be isolated only to Gmail.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:29 PM
193 ... 23456 ...