Hi There, I am new to the whole Blackberry thing and have recently got the new Z10. I am struggling to understand the contacts. At present I have the 'All contacts' selected in the contacts menu but this gives me loads of duplicated contacts. When I try to select just 'SIM' then a lot of me new recently added contacts are missing. From this I presume these missing ones must only be stored on the phone (~'Local'). I thought that I could get around this by doing a 'Copy Contacts from Device to SIM card' and then choose to show only 'SIM' contacts but this still doesn't show those recently added contacts. Why is there no option to show only phone contacts i.e 'Local' if that is where all my new contacts get stored?

Reading another post on this forum it said that if you are not syncing contacts to any other mail account, which I don't thin I am, by default the new contacts get stored in two places, 'Local' & 'SIM'. It doesn't seem to be the case for me as only stored on 'local'. Can anyone please help, thanks. BTW, should something as simple as contacts be so difficult to manage in this day and age?

Syd101
    j21jam6 likes this.
    05-06-13 02:16 AM
    100% right. Where is the user guide? I'm new to "Smartphone" contacts so I have questions that are dumber and simpler than your questions. I'll be glad to learn by reading the answers your thread receives. I sure do need to know which of my expectations are 1. Normal for anyone with a smartphone today, 2. Possible or reasonable for someone with a BlackBerry OS10 and 3. Not realistic this year.
    05-06-13 06:43 AM
    I've been reading CB threads for 100 days and I've read the blackberry user guide published January 28, and I still cannot for the life of me figure out what is a fault in bbOs10 and what is the state of the Art today, deed normal in terms of Contact management.
    05-06-13 06:51 AM
    Contacts app is the biggest problem I have with bb10. Duplicates, empty contacts, BBM voice or PlayBook video chat not showing, BBM name just showing as the pin for one person and the picture is not showing. I really hope they fix the contact management in 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:09 AM
    I downloaded 10.1 leaked os and it fixed the issue. I was having he same problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:25 AM
    Ook so this post is prior os10.1 but I have 10.1 and still have the issue. Anyone else having the same issue?
    08-15-13 07:21 AM
    I to this day and have the unit since February, do not understand the issue of duplicate contacts and cannot figure it out.
    08-20-13 08:40 AM
    I have the same issue, on Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1323. I am synced to two Google Apps accounts, plus twitter, facebook, LinkedIn. When look at the "linked-to" field of the duplicates, I see that the duplicates are linked to different combinations of my accounts.

These are just 2 examples of the 6 duplicates for my contact:

Duplicate Contacts on BB10-img_00000005.png
    Duplicate Contacts on BB10-img_00000008.png

Adam Schuetze
    08-20-13 05:10 PM
    I to this day and have the unit since February, do not understand the issue of duplicate contacts and cannot figure it out.
    Ook so this post is prior os10.1 but I have 10.1 and still have the issue. Anyone else having the same issue?
    I have the same issue, on Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1323. I am synced to two Google Apps accounts, plus twitter, facebook, LinkedIn. When look at the "linked-to" field of the duplicates, I see that the duplicates are linked to different combinations of my accounts.

These are just 2 examples of the 6 duplicates for my contact:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000005.png 
Views:	581 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	194237
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000008.png 
Views:	581 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	194239

Adam Schuetze
    Unlink all the duplicate contacts. Then pick one of the duplicates and push and hold to bring up right menu, they will be all listed in a row, now select all the other duplicates for that particular contact. Once selected you will see a menu on right side. Select link contacts. There should be no duplicates in the contact app for that particular contact, only one listed. Open up the contact and you will see all the different links.
    08-20-13 05:24 PM
    OK i'll bite. That works, but what causes this? I have 2500 contacts, I can't possibly do that all by hand.

Adam Schuetze
    08-20-13 10:28 PM
    Unlink all the duplicate contacts. Then pick one of the duplicates and push and hold to bring up right menu, they will be all listed in a row, now select all the other duplicates for that particular contact. Once selected you will see a menu on right side. Select link contacts. There should be no duplicates in the contact app for that particular contact, only one listed. Open up the contact and you will see all the different links.
    Ok great, you do this and it links all the contacts, but now when I go to that now 'linked' contact, it shows the phone number in 6 different ways, about 6 emails, all the same under different listings, 4 address listings, etc, etc. Ridiculous. How do you fix this to just work?
    05-21-14 06:19 PM
    OK i'll bite. That works, but what causes this? I have 2500 contacts, I can't possibly do that all by hand.

Adam Schuetze
    Agreed these 1 contact at a time solutions are non-starters for many with BlackBerry phones.
    05-22-14 02:53 PM
    Contacts on BlackBerry 10 is an unmitigated disaster.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 06:22 PM