Dumbest part of BlackBerry Link..-img_20140201_004109.png

Over the past year or so, I have used Link on numerous computers, many of which I have moved on from and no longer use.

In order to reliably backup and restore my phone from those computers it was compulsory to login my BBID.

As you can now see from the attachment I have a string of computer I no longer have access or have even died with no way to remove them. BlackBerry need to build a self help portal for Link to manage devices, or let you remove them via the device.

I have tried deleting via the device but they return, one of which goes nowhere at all and I'm told I can't remove it.

It's a shambles if you ask me!

Posted via CB10
    pvphooman likes this.
    01-31-14 06:45 PM
    But if the computers no longer work or are no longer near your phone, why does it matter if they still show in the list? It's not like you can access them. Just to clean the list up? I mean, it doesn't HURT your phone, it just doesn't look tidy, is that the problem?
    01-31-14 06:52 PM
    But if the computers no longer work or are no longer near your phone, why does it matter if they still show in the list? It's not like you can access them. Just to clean the list up? I mean, it doesn't HURT your phone, it just doesn't look tidy, is that the problem?
    YES it is a problem... it's clutter at the end of the day. I can't see why we can't manage this. I also bothers me that there is nothing informing you this will happen when you sign in on link with your BBID. Each time I chose the option not to link the phone with the computer for remote file access yet if you sign in you get a PC in yout list, if you then sign it out it goes away. Obviously you can't do this with machines you no longer have.

A minor annoyance I give you that, but an annoyance all the same. I can't liken it to anything right now... its just messy!
    01-31-14 06:59 PM
    I seem to being having a time of it today, first BBM integration bug returning, then Google Apps EAS bug (both after going to 10.2.1) then this staring me in the face (again) I just had to vent my spleen!!!
    01-31-14 07:03 PM
    Actually I have something to compare this to (sort of) it's a bit like iTunes... having to remember to de-authorise a computer before you retire it / drop it down the stairs / set fire to it / sell it / give to a relative etc etc.
    01-31-14 07:09 PM
    Long press and delete...

Dumbest part of BlackBerry Link..-img_20140131_191243.png

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:13 PM
    Long press and delete...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140131_191243.png 
Views:	1005 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	243848

Posted via CB10
    YES - they come back... try it!

Does anyone happen to know how the numbers are generated for the computers? is it serial number? MAC address or just random.
    It MAY help me track the old machines down and put link back on to then logout my BBID on them.
    01-31-14 07:20 PM
    YES - they come back... try it!

Does anyone happen to know how the numbers are generated for the computers? is it serial number? MAC address or just random.
    It MAY help me track the old machines down and put link back on to then logout my BBID on them.
    It's whatever you have named your computer.

They only come back if BlackBerry Link is opened with your BBID still signed in and RFA turned on (in my experience).

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    01-31-14 07:29 PM
    well I'm not making it up one PC died, another was replaced with an upgade, another is my work laptop.. can't remember the 4th.
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    01-31-14 07:32 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140201_004109.png 
Views:	832 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	243840

Over the past year or so, I have used Link on numerous computers, many of which I have moved on from and no longer use.

In order to reliably backup and restore my phone from those computers it was compulsory to login my BBID.

As you can now see from the attachment I have a string of computer I no longer have access or have even died with no way to remove them. BlackBerry need to build a self help portal for Link to manage devices, or let you remove them via the device.

I have tried deleting via the device but they return, one of which goes nowhere at all and I'm told I can't remove it.

It's a shambles if you ask me!

Posted via CB10
    Yup that's definitely one. there's lots of dumb things about link. It's really only a backup tool... It's document sync is weak in the pants I had duplicates for the longest time

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    01-31-14 07:37 PM
    I am going to try installing Link on specially named machines to see if I can get rid of them. Something tells me it won't be THAT easy!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:11 AM
    I am going to try installing Link on specially named machines to see if I can get rid of them. Something tells me it won't be THAT easy!

Posted via CB10
    This didn't work sadly, I have tracked down one of the computers in question so that's a start! bit of a ball ache tho...
    02-04-14 04:54 AM
    A minor annoyance I give you that, but an annoyance all the same. I can't liken it to anything right now... its just messy!
    Indeed. Unfortunately, it lives alongside a whole bunch of other issues - like a syncing software that usually doesn't sync items reliably or quickly.

(Says and Link once again says, "127 music files were not copied" without any reasonable explanation as to why)
    02-04-14 05:59 AM
    Sounds like link needs to find the missing link.
    02-04-14 07:07 AM