Now this may have been asked but I'm curious if you can dual boot the z10 since it is a dual core phone. I kinda wanna load Linux if possible which I highly doubt now I'm not talking a full Linux version but a functional version.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:46 AM
    I have tried a few different ways to run a dual boot Ubuntu on my Z... all of which were unsuccessful and honestly... crippled the device to a very difficult to recover brick.
    if there is something I am missing I would be very curious to try again
    11-02-13 11:58 AM
    Interesting I ya I kinda figured it would lag the device I'm gonna look a little more into this thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 04:32 PM
    Can someone help me this has been happening to me

1: A message pops up saying "Turning off device "

2: The only way to switch the phone on again is to put it on charge

3: After putting it on charge a big battery pops up (red battery with the charging sign)

4: Needs about 5 mins of charging before it will start to boot up

5: After booting up everything seems to be normal

This has being happening a lot to me.
    Does anyone have any solution to this problem.

Note: sent the same phone (z10) for service because of this problem and they just told me there was something wrong with the system.
    Sargon123 likes this.
    11-02-13 04:59 PM
    Can someone help me this has been happening to me

1: A message pops up saying "Turning off device "

2: The only way to switch the phone on again is to put it on charge

3: After putting it on charge a big battery pops up (red battery with the charging sign)

4: Needs about 5 mins of charging before it will start to boot up

5: After booting up everything seems to be normal

This has being happening a lot to me.
    Does anyone have any solution to this problem.

Note: sent the same phone (z10) for service because of this problem and they just told me there was something wrong with the system.
    Does it say that message when ur phone dies?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:05 PM
    Now this may have been asked but I'm curious if you can dual boot the z10 since it is a dual core phone. I kinda wanna load Linux if possible which I highly doubt now I'm not talking a full Linux version but a functional version.

Posted via CB10
    Not possible even in the slightest. The catch is that the bootloader is secure and not modifiable. If you run a virtual machine on top of the Z, then maybe, but you would be very RAM limited. I know that even on the PB, you could have a dosbox in which you could install W95 and W98
    11-02-13 05:13 PM
    Not possible even in the slightest. The catch is that the bootloader is secure and not modifiable. If you run a virtual machine on top of the Z, then maybe, but you would be very RAM limited. I know that even on the PB, you could have a dosbox in which you could install W95 and W98
    Dosbox can run on the z10 but I have a bit of trouble with the keyboard and the display of functionkey type labels.
    11-02-13 06:16 PM
    Older windows I kinda figure they had that back with the 9k series, it's wishful thinking I knew there would be lag I also kinda figured it would possibly brick or just shut it down occasionally. I just kinda thought it would be neat I think in the end you'd end up stripping everything so far down you'd lose the BlackBerry feel and it would just be useless in the end.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 02:07 PM