No scratch on the screen, but I do have small cracks on the shell

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 04:22 PM
    Ouch.... Sorry to see that. I saw a video on youtube where they hit the Z10 with a hammer and it survived without a scratch (actually the case but not the screen got scratched when they ran a knife all over it). I guess whether the phone survives a fall or not depends upon what part of the phone hits the ground and what angle it hits at.... as well as a good bit of luck.

I never bothered to get phone insurance before but I decided to add it with the Z10 when I realized I was able to drop BES @ $15/month and the insurance was only $6 or $7/month.
    04-03-13 04:34 PM
    Ouch...yeah that had to be painful I got an otter box for mine...but I'm not using it because it makes it look so bulky and awkward..but it's definitely worth itt to prevent that happening. I'm looking for some more slim cases.

Posted via CB10
    semperfi45 likes this.
    04-03-13 04:44 PM
    I have dropped mine twice on hardwood floor, not a scratch thankfully. Sorry about yours. I don't use a case and never will, don't like them. I pay for the insurance on the phone for peace of mind. Also i always keep my phone in a zippered breast pocket or inside pocket.
    04-03-13 05:26 PM
    did you have any case on?
    04-03-13 06:11 PM
    I have a leather holster but I had it in my hand when I went to greet my wife at the aiport. I dropped it on the sidewalk while giving her a hug.. thankfully it only suffered 2 small scratches on the corners. Is there a case that I can buy that will also fit inside the CB genuine leather holsters?
    sam81 likes this.
    04-03-13 06:16 PM
    Unfortunately as of yet no case fits the OEM holsters.

Powered by BlackBerry 10
    04-03-13 06:18 PM
    How the **** do you guys not have a case with such an expensive device?

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    Insurance gives me the peace of mind and nice hardware is too enticing to keep covered up.

Sorry for the loss OP
    04-03-13 07:04 PM
    Dropped mine this week on the sidewalk. Had slipped it in my breast pocket not realizing I didn't zip it shut. Got out of my car and heard a clack and to my horror saw it lying there on the hard cement. Fortunately, I use a rubber sleeve that covers the sides and back.

A quick look and no visible damage. I figured I ducked a potential disaster. Later that evening I looked at it closer looking for any sign of contact and sure enough found nicks at the upper left corner. Had I not had the sleeve on those scratches would have been on the device. Had that happen to my Torch which had no protection and let me tell you that's pretty permanent. Still consider myself lucky as it could have fallen glass-side first, like the OP.

The irony is that I've been think lately of removing it since I like the feel and weight of it all nekked. But now I think I'll keep it on unless I want to show it off in a safe environment. $19.99 well spent.
    04-03-13 07:24 PM
    No insurance?
    ...I'm sorry man! I've dropped both my 9930 and iphone 4s more times than I should have.
    ...But they managed to both survive! I dropped the iphone into about two feet of water and got soaked getting it back.
    04-03-13 07:26 PM
    Did you have insurance? Hope so! Give it a Viking funeral!
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    04-03-13 07:26 PM
    I wish it were an april fool's joke, however I dropped my phone when I got out of the car.
    The phone is unusable. I can't even answer a call. Screen is completely unresponsive
    Why is there is no app for this on BlackBerry 10??... Sadly this is what iPhone fanboys would scream...

Sorry to hear about your tough break...

Sounds like a case for a great case on your next replacement...

Ok my sad sick tragedy humour is kicking in...

Rest in pieces... (OK OK it's how I deal with loss/grief/tragedy/painful sights)

Ok seriously happy point - your next one is going to be shiny and new looking and hopefully wrapped and protected better!
    04-03-13 07:48 PM
    Daaaang.. sorry to hear that b! I treat my phone like a little baby! I have a pillow for it and everything! Better luck with the new one man..

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:09 AM
113 ... 345