Well, I don't wanna go into too much detail into how it happened but I have this condition in which I involuntarily drop stuff

I dropped my phone, hit the edge of the table-top, landed on the floor, now roughly 70% of the screen is black, the colours change a bit when I apply pressure and stuff. The glass is NOT cracked, screen is 100% responsive. I've changed the housing on a 9650 and 9700 before, so I'm not too nooby. If the screen isn't too badly messed up, do you think I can fix this?

Thanks for taking out the time to read this I really love my phone
    01-19-14 04:42 PM
    Edit: Sorry for double post, but will be posting pictures shortly. Also, (if it helps) I slapped it against my leg and I can see a little bit of the right part of the screen. The part on the left is lighter than usual, then there's black parts in the middle, then green, pink, black, red, light green. Is the screen completely messed? :'(
    01-19-14 04:46 PM
    Damn, sorry to hear man

Posted via CB10
    WhiteBerry likes this.
    01-19-14 04:48 PM
    If the screen is not cracked and still responsive, assuming the led screen inside didn't break, and that isn't some nice fluid sloshing around, then most likely the ribbon cable connection between the screen and motherboard came loose.

If that's it, then opening it, plugging it back in should fix it.

Worst case it's completely broken.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier - via Z30
    WhiteBerry likes this.
    01-19-14 05:15 PM
    If the screen is not cracked and still responsive, assuming the led screen inside didn't break, and that isn't some nice fluid sloshing around, then most likely the ribbon cable connection between the screen and motherboard came loose.

If that's it, then opening it, plugging it back in should fix it.

Worst case it's completely broken.

o.O thank you so much... wait so I can fix it...? :')

it seems so complicated to disassemble... does a half-inserted ribbon cable end up with something like this?
    01-19-14 05:17 PM
    I have tablet where the cable came loose, and it showed weird colours and pressing it made the colours change.

The screen was in good condition, the connection just slipped out.

It sounds like what you are describing. Without examining it I would not know for sure.

You can probably look up on Google a guide on how to disassemble and reassemble a Z10

01-19-14 05:24 PM
    I have tablet where the cable came loose, and it showed weird colours and pressing it made the colours change.

The screen was in good condition, the connection just slipped out.

It sounds like what you are describing. Without examining it I would not know for sure.

You can probably look up on Google a guide on how to disassemble and reassemble a Z10

Well, thank you SO much for bringing hope to my upset face No really man it means so much. I WILL definitely fixed it. Just ordered T2 and T4 Torx screwdrives from eBay... Now to completely memorise how to disassemble and assemble my phone...
    01-19-14 05:48 PM
    Search for a teardown video. And you can usually follow those step by step.

Remember the obvious, it kills your warranty if you open it. Second, if you do find that it's not a loose ribbon cable, and is indeed a damaged screen, you'll have to replace the digitizer along with the LCD screen on a Z. They're fused together.
    WhiteBerry likes this.
    01-19-14 06:12 PM
    Thank you everyone for the amazing help I'll first try and fix it by following a teardown video. The only thing is, it seems so complicated and I hate removing parts which have adhesive and stuff. Sure, if it has a screw or ribbon I'll be able fine, but parts which are "glued" on just scare me xD But yeah, thanks again, so much.

Loving the CB community.
    01-19-14 06:15 PM
    It shouldn't be a hard fix. My boyfriend dropped his Z10 and the screen cracked to the point it wasn't responsive, so he ordered the parts necessary to fix it and it was pretty easy. So since your problem is less severe than his I don't think you'll have any problems! Just make sure you have all the tools necessary, because I think those were the hardest to obtain for him.
    WhiteBerry likes this.
    01-19-14 08:56 PM
    Btw I forgot to update this but I fixed it ages ago. B)

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 01:19 AM
    So how did you fix it? Was it a lose cable as someone thought or did you have to replace the screen? Always good to mention what you did for future reference.
    02-25-14 02:11 AM
    So how did you fix it? Was it a lose cable as someone thought or did you have to replace the screen? Always good to mention what you did for future reference.
    I ordered a new middle plate and LCD from something like, eshopsupplier, I'll give the name once I'm home and I can check it. It was cheaper to buy the LCD and middle plate together and very lucky that I bought it because I manafed to strip one of the screws holding the LCD to the middle plate on my old body.

So, I took out the motherboard and chassis (dismantling), it was a very simple process reaally. None of that bad quality adhesive or stuff, just simple screws and parts that easily fit, as well as a few ribbon cables. Now, here's the important bit: By default the middle plate has this little grey/white/pebble blue "blob" that looks like glue/gum/speeerm/thermal paste/thermal grease. It is, of course, thermal paste/grease/compound and it is highly advisable that you have it to conduct heat. So, as I was saying, the phone obviously comes with it preapplied on the middle plate but if you're changing the middle plate as I did, you should apply some thermal paste, just a little, onto the processor, pea size in the middle, and just assemble the phone back together. I used MX-4 thermal paste by Arctic Cooling, so it was pretty high quality. A low quality thermal compound will do and perhaps no thermal compound will also do but I HIGHLY recommend buying thermal compound or borrowing it from a friend.

The middle plate included all the small wires required and the small buttons such as volume rocker/media keys, power button, etc, all parts of the middle plate were a perfect fit and the entire housing was genuine.

The total including shipping was �40, keep in mind I did also buy a battery door (inexpensive) and handy. I'm using my Z10 STL100-2 perfectly here in the UK and might even make a video pretty soon

Posted via CB10
    dannejanne likes this.
    02-25-14 09:33 AM