View Poll Results: Do you drain the batteries of your new phones?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 33.33%
  • No

6 66.67%
    I remember when I first got my 9700 three years ago, the first thing I did was drain the battery. I made sure to let the phone turn off by itself before charging it for the first time because I had read that this would prolong the battery life. Then a few months later, I read somewhere that this was a myth and draining the battery would actually do the opposite, that you should actually avoid letting your battery die completely as this decreases your battery's capacity, and the way to prolonging your battery life is to charge your phone every chance you get.

Now, I'm reading several threads on the Z10's battery during the first few days. Some people are recommending that they drain the battery. I am SO CONFUSED.

Somebody clear this up for me please! Draining the battery. Yes or no?
    02-12-13 09:26 PM
    Somebody clear this up for me please! Draining the battery. Yes or no?
    This has already been addressed in a previous thread. Can someone do a search for it? (I'll try in the meantime as well.)
    02-12-13 09:28 PM
    This has already been addressed in a previous thread. Can someone do a search for it? (I'll try in the meantime as well.)
    Here you go:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...st-get-770556/
    02-12-13 09:29 PM
    Thanks for the link. Though the discussion still appears to be inconclusive...
    02-12-13 10:08 PM
    Lithium has no memory. Doesn't matter as long as you treat your battery right. Don't fast charge and don't leave in when charged just so it doesn't keep topping off. Lithium loses a few percent a week maybe when not being charged.
    Novaone likes this.
    02-12-13 10:13 PM
    Lithium has no memory. Doesn't matter as long as you treat your battery right. Don't fast charge and don't leave in when charged just so it doesn't keep topping off. Lithium loses a few percent a week maybe when not being charged.
    Yeah. Qft.

This is how you ought to use lithium ion. I'd also add, for the sake of prolonging your battery's total life, avoid draining the battery frequently down past 30-40%.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Shadrackc likes this.
    02-13-13 02:04 AM