My phone froze and rebooted about four times this morning, but I was experimenting and think I got to the bottom of it.

I use the podcasts app to download music and podcasts, and usually download three things at once, these are usually music mixes of about 100mb each. If I leave the phone on the app screen and let them download there is no problem. If I go to another page such as browser or The Hub, the phone freezes and reboots. If I download one podcast at a time and then multitask on the phone, it is usually OK but has rebooted once or twice.

Not sure why the phone struggles to multitask whilst downloading 100mb of music, I've got a solid wi-fi signal at home too. But at least now I know when and where my phone will reboot and know how to avoid it. I should point out that my phone has never frozen or rebooted at any other time - only when downloading.

To be honest, I thought the Z10 had more power than that and would be able to handle it. May be it's the podcast app itself and not the phone - who knows. Awesome phone tho.

Anyone else had this or know a better workaround?
    05-24-13 03:43 AM
    My phone froze and rebooted about four times this morning, but I was experimenting and think I got to the bottom of it.

I use the podcasts app to download music and podcasts, and usually download three things at once, these are usually music mixes of about 100mb each. If I leave the phone on the app screen and let them download there is no problem. If I go to another page such as browser or The Hub, the phone freezes and reboots. If I download one podcast at a time and then multitask on the phone, it is usually OK but has rebooted once or twice.

Self-reboots are a widely-discussed issue with the Z10 (there are 35-40 threads here about it already), I believe many of the "freeze/reboot while using" issues are another side of that same coin, but not in all cases.

Recently leaked firmware releases seem to be working better in that respect, so I think a general fix as part of a soon to be released update may help people with the symptom you describe as well.
    05-24-13 05:49 PM