I am a huge BB fan - just got my Z10 today However, in addition to having limited apps available right now (whatsapp still not available), my country does not support appworld. This I think is really lame, I mean apps sore for iphone is accessible everywhere in the world so why is appworld not available? what is the issue here. I am also scared that when there are software updates on z10s I might not be able to update...can anyone please help me with two things:

1. how do In download apps - rememember my country is not supported by appworld and,
    2. will I be able to update software on my z10 just like everyone else updates their iphone software?

I will really appreciate answrs to my queries and oh I will be the 1st person to own this cool phone in my country really really excited.

cheers
    MaungLmm likes this.
    02-11-13 07:33 AM
    Your software update will be based on your carrier.
    At this point, unless you can get a really good VPN to trick BB into thinking you are in another country, then you may be able to use app world. But if it is a software restriction put in place by your country/carrier, you may be out of luck
    There is really nothing you can do at this point apart from move?
    02-11-13 07:48 AM
    Your software update will be based on your carrier.
    At this point, unless you can get a really good VPN to trick BB into thinking you are in another country, then you may be able to use app world. But if it is a software restriction put in place by your country/carrier, you may be out of luck
    There is really nothing you can do at this point apart from move?
    My country is not listed as supported by app world..I remember visiting US last december and I had access to appworld. what I don't understand is why the restriction, especially for z10 when it is said that it does not need BIS anymore and normal data plan or wifi will support everything...except appworld and software updates. what about unlocked phones where carriers don't really provide software updates ? can't blackberry just push he updates like androids and ios?
    can someone please tell me if and how I can down;load stuffs OTA....I sure hope apps will have that options for download as well...
    MaungLmm likes this.
    02-11-13 11:09 AM
    Jitubohara, we are same. My country also is not listed in Blackberry warranty page. As I understand that BB z10 has many restriction and it depends on carrier and region. I am also a BB fan. I always use BB since curve 8520 even in our country where there is no BIS, BES and never listed in Blackberry region. In our country, there is only one carrier and it allows everybody to use data services by puting APN name only. No need username and passowrd. But I still can't get the data services because APN name can't be saved. I always trying to buy BB products as I heard that RIM has lost its market share last year. But here other phones such as Iphone, Android phones can do everything and easy to use. Anyhow I am still trying to stand at BB's side although I never had the solution, advice and help. But I feel sometimes that it is unfair. How about you?

Lwin Maung Maung.
    05-14-13 01:07 AM
    Sideload apps

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 03:49 AM
    I posted a way to get blackberry app world anywhere. Just search US app world for everybody in the forums.

Z10 Rocking 10.1.0.273
    05-14-13 03:53 AM
    Correct title of thread was "trick to get us blackberry world anywhere "

Z10 Rocking 10.1.0.273
    05-14-13 03:59 AM
    Thank you for your solution. But this VPN needs to buy an account. Although I can buy this amount, there is no international banking services in our country(no credit, debit card, nothing). So I need to find another way for it. Now I can't get even the data services because Blackberry is very depend on carrier. In my country, there is only one carrier of government, no international carrier such as vodafone, AT&T, no customer services. Anyhow thank you for your post.

Lwin Mg Mg.
    05-15-13 04:02 AM
    Hotspotshield needs no acount to buy, just choose the option to stay with free version. Also connectify me is also free to share the created VPN wireless. All shouldn't be a problem

Z10 Rocking 10.1.0.273
    05-15-13 05:17 AM