downloaded several files with different extensions that I assume are supported ( crx , exe , zip , jad , bar , php ) yet I am unable to open any of them . when I click on one of the files from the downloads section within the browser a pop up message states unable to download file. It also doesn't seem as if the file is even actually downloading as it just pops up in the download section instantaneously. Is there some option I'm neglecting to input , also where are the downloaded files stored as I cant seem to find them within file manager also.

Thanks
    04-20-13 06:53 PM
    downloaded several files with different extensions that I assume are supported ( crx , exe , zip , jad , bar , php ) yet I am unable to open any of them . when I click on one of the files from the downloads section within the browser a pop up message states unable to download file. It also doesn't seem as if the file is even actually downloading as it just pops up in the download section instantaneously. Is there some option I'm neglecting to input , also where are the downloaded files stored as I cant seem to find them within file manager also.

Thanks
    anyone?
    04-20-13 09:25 PM

Thanks
    The only one of those that might be supported is the .zip file. You're not using a computer bro, you're using a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-20-13 09:27 PM
    Do you have an extractor on your phone? If not, look in BlackBerry World for one.
    Some files are only handled by the desktop I think also.
    Maybe a good question to ask directly in the BB support forums.
    04-20-13 09:30 PM
    The only one of those that might be supported is the .zip file. You're not using a computer bro, you're using a smartphone.

Posted via CB10

jad files were specifically designed to be used for BBOS , and primarily since it was a blackberry supported app file compatibility shouldn't be an issue
    04-20-13 09:44 PM
    Do you have an extractor on your phone? If not, look in BlackBerry World for one.
    Some files are only handled by the desktop I think also.
    Maybe a good question to ask directly in the BB support forums.
    No but I will look into one , do you use one , and if so which one
    04-20-13 09:45 PM
    jad files were specifically designed to be used for BBOS , and primarily since it was a blackberry supported app file compatibility shouldn't be an issue
    That would be LEGACY bbos.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:57 PM
    That would be LEGACY bbos.

Posted via CB10
    so in other words BBOS10 shouldn't support any older BB apps prior to it , which isn't the scenario , but anyway this isn't resolving my situation
    04-20-13 10:13 PM
    so in other words BBOS10 shouldn't support any older BB apps prior to it , which isn't the scenario , but anyway this isn't resolving my situation
    Now you've lost me.

Bb10 doesn't support legacy BlackBerry OS apps. If I remember correctly, .jad are java apps? Either way, you can't open a .jad in Bb10.

I already gave you the answer, the only one of those extentions that you should be able to open is the .zip file. You can't open the rest.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-20-13 10:27 PM
    Now you've lost me.

Bb10 doesn't support legacy BlackBerry OS apps. If I remember correctly, .jad are java apps? Either way, you can't open a .jad in Bb10.

I already gave you the answer, the only one of those extentions that you should be able to open is the .zip file. You can't open the rest.

Posted via CB10
    how can it not support " legacy apps " if I am using an app from my previous phone which runs a " legacy OS " , to an extent some aren't supported but not a complete 100% of them , none the less this isn't at all helping me , as I said I can't open ANY of them no matter the extension , I'm sure when you download files via the browser " unable to open file " isn't supposed to be displayed which is my issue , I actually found the files within file manager so I am going to search for an updated version perhaps
    04-20-13 11:29 PM
    AS you keep being told~ BB will not open anything but zip files and that is with a zip extractor on the phone.
    All other files are for DESKTOP unit use only. That is that.
    And how you extract files on a desktop is dependent to what type of zip ~ for example, I use 7 zip for .rar files on my PC.
    04-21-13 12:05 AM
    AS you keep being told~ BB will not open anything but zip files and that is with a zip extractor on the phone.
    All other files are for DESKTOP unit use only. That is that.
    And how you extract files on a desktop is dependent to what type of zip ~ for example, I use 7 zip for .rar files on my PC.
    Then how did I manage to open my previous Jad application , was that some sort of " lucky break " , anyway I will look into seeing If I can find an application to extract zip files , I dont think 7 zip is on BB , so I will check the app world
    04-21-13 12:16 AM
    You can open up a zip file from the file manger on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 12:55 AM
    7 zip is for the PC NOT BlackBerry phone
    And you say you opened a JAD application but you are talking about opening JAD files on the other threads.
    I am getting confused what you wish to do here.
    You can open jad files on your BlackBerry browser I believe, but this is different than opening the files on your phone.
    G**gle, maybe you can find what you want that way.
    04-21-13 12:59 AM