Hi All

Just a quick question ; where are the downloaded attachments from email stored? I recently downloaded an excel sheet from an email, saw it, then closed it.
    Later I was offline and wanted to see the Excel sheet, went to mail but said cant download when offline. I had downloaded the attachment before, but cannot find it.
    Checked file manager, and nothing in downloads.
    I had downloaded PDF files before from email, and was able to access them offline by opening the Adobe app.
    I cannot seem to find any Word or excel files which I had downloaded from emails before. Opened Docs to go but not there.
    Thanking all in advance for the replies,
    Peace
    09-19-15 11:50 AM
    I believe you have to save the file manually when online.
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-19-15 12:00 PM
    Try going into hub, press the three dots bottom right, should be an attachments button there.

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    Y. Z. likes this.
    09-19-15 01:00 PM
    Problem solved. I just have to save when I downloaded it...silly me. Thanks All
    09-19-15 02:20 PM
    I don't think you have to explicitly 'save' the file. Once you have downloaded it, it remains available via the three dot menu, even if offline later.

It also lists all attachments, but only those already downloaded are available offline. This is shown by the tick (ok, check if you like!) in the box on the left of the listing of attachments.

Y. Z. likes this.
    09-19-15 03:33 PM
    I don't think you have to explicitly 'save' the file. Once you have downloaded it, it remains available via the three dot menu, even if offline later.

It also lists all attachments, but only those already downloaded are available offline. This is shown by the tick (ok, check if you like!) in the box on the left of the listing of attachments.

Not if you delete the email. If the only purpose or the email was to deliver the attached documents, it makes sense to save the documents and delete the email.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    09-19-15 04:16 PM
    Sure, but the question was, where are they, and how can I see them offline! If you delete an email, then only a numpty would expect them to be still there if not saved elsewhere!

09-19-15 04:55 PM
    I have a related question - how do I delete an attachment that I've previously downloaded from an email (not "saved", just downloaded as indicated by the green checkmark).

I don't want to delete the email that the attachment came from, just the attachment in order to save space on my device.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:05 PM
    Email attachments are in the hub cache. It's saved when you open up the attachments in the email.
    After that, you need to download it IF you wanted to read or see it offline. Downloaded attachments is in file manager > media card > documents (in documents folder) or photos (in photos folder).

Otherwise, you will only able to see the attachment via hub (bottom attachment icon) when you're online.

Downloaded Email Attachments : where are they stored?-img_20151103_114242.png

You might need to open the specific email if the attachment is not readable or unable to download.

SECURED to the CORE RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 from Malaysia
    11-02-15 09:45 PM
    Thanks for replying. I think you're talking about an attachment that's been saved when you say you can find it in the file manager. However, an attachment that's just been downloaded (indicated by the green checkmark) is nowhere to be found in the file manager, yet it's still available offline.

So I'm still not sure how to delete an attachment that's been downloaded, not saved. Maybe the Hub's cache of downloaded attachments gets automatically deleted after a certain amount of time.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 03:38 PM