I installed the latest 10.0.10.648 firmware and I am happy with it, however when Bell will release their update I am afraid I might not be able to update. So I know how to upgrade using the autoloaders and it worked well. I would like to downgrade to 10.0.9.2xxx (the original firmware). Call me crazy or paranoid, I am okay with that, but is this even possible?
    Thanks!! AL
    03-05-13 10:47 AM
    Must not be possible then?
    03-06-13 07:28 AM
    I'm sure if you try and 'update' the phone through either Blackberry link or the blackberry.com/updates website that you will be prompted with 'there is an update available' which will be reverting back to the original OS that your phone shipped with (unless your carrier has already pushed an update).

You can also restore your phone through Blackberry link as well. Just take note that all these options will wipe your phone and you will have to start from scratch with apps, contacts, accounts etc

Hope this helps.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    03-06-13 07:34 AM
    I think the only way to do so is to reload the OS through BlackBerry Link. You will lose your data though so be sure to back it up.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 07:35 AM
    If one like me wants to downgrade to the same version, but Link will not work for me , because my carrier (Rogers) already pushed the update. How can I downgrade?
    03-06-13 08:14 AM
    Not sure why you would want to downgrade back to the earlier OS from an official update which has various improvements?
    03-06-13 08:24 AM
    I loaded official update over leaked os and now I'm having something I can't explain. With my BB7 or BB6 i could wipe out the phone completely and then to load official OS. I'm looking to do the same thing here.
    03-06-13 08:35 AM
    You could try a security wipe? ...Other than that I don't think there is any way to do this.

I suppose one way would be to put a sim that hasn't had the update pushed for the carrier and restore the phone then. I could send you my UK EE sim in exchange lol! Im still stuck on the old OS.
    03-06-13 08:43 AM
    You could try a security wipe? ...Other than that I don't think there is any way to do this.

I suppose one way would be to put a sim that hasn't had the update pushed for the carrier and restore the phone then. I could send you my UK EE sim in exchange lol! Im still stuck on the old OS.
    Got you, now I have to search for somebody with BELL Z10 who's willing to get the rogers update, LOL
    03-06-13 08:47 AM
    I don't think there is a way to go back down. I have tried almost every way, but I'm still stuck here on 10.0.10.261...

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 08:47 AM
    Somebody tried to use a tool called BBSAK?
    03-06-13 08:52 AM
    I loaded official update over leaked os and now I'm having something I can't explain. With my BB7 or BB6 i could wipe out the phone completely and then to load official OS. I'm looking to do the same thing here.
    Why can't people state the exact problem instead of some vague meaningless rubbish? Little wonder customer service staff hate such people. What do you mean by "I'm having something I can't explain?"

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    Crackberry Bubba likes this.
    03-06-13 08:52 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...olster-778648/
    look for this thread, and after make your vague meaningless rubbish.
    03-06-13 09:10 AM
    Sorry I should have noted that I have already tried all possible ways known to me - which includes the reload of the software but it does not down grade the version it simply security wipes and that makes sense since I used the auto-loader to upgrade. I am not saying there will be problems, it was just something we discussed at the water cooler this week. Thanks for posting and replying.

Al
    03-06-13 11:59 AM
    Unless they include Bell TV in this release, I probably wouldn't sweat having the non Bell update. If it doesn't update tomorrow, when Bell rolls it out OTA to everyone else, I'm sure you can wait until the next release from them.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 12:31 PM
    Plug your device in and run the auto loader. Once it starts programming it, hit CTRL+C to cancel the operation. That will put your phone into a blinking red light state. Once in that state, use BlackBerry Link to restore the phone. It will download the carrier software (not the leaked stuff) and completely re-write it to the device, overwriting whatever was on there before. No need to downgrade just to upgrade again.
    03-06-13 12:32 PM
    Plug your device in and run the auto loader. Once it starts programming it, hit CTRL+C to cancel the operation. That will put your phone into a blinking red light state. Once in that state, use BlackBerry Link to restore the phone. It will download the carrier software (not the leaked stuff) and completely re-write it to the device, overwriting whatever was on there before. No need to downgrade just to upgrade again.
    trying now
    Crackberry Bubba likes this.
    03-06-13 12:50 PM
    Are you talking about the loader of the leaked version?
    Which file I'm looking for?
    03-06-13 01:11 PM
    Do you people ever notice that old timers who have thousands of posts NEVER suggest these "solutions"?

This is rapidly becoming the Playbook Rooting subforum where all the newbies who don't know what they are doing are giving technical advice of wiping this and wiping that and re-installing this and re-installing that.
    03-06-13 01:24 PM
    To answer my own question... my Bell Z10 just received OTA 10.0.9.348 so I think that things are starting to get ready

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 01:31 PM
    I'm not sure if you were referring to my post or not but I just wanted to say that I was only helping him do what he was asking to do. When I installed the leaked version, it was a dev install. From my experience working at RIM, when I had dev builds on, my OTA updates didn't work to get public updates. So this time around, I wanted to get back on the public version. Just connecting to Link wasn't enough so the easiest way to do it was to purposely "Brick" it. Then link does its magic. No rooting involved at all.

Do you people ever notice that old timers who have thousands of posts NEVER suggest these "solutions"?

This is rapidly becoming the Playbook Rooting subforum where all the newbies who don't know what they are doing are giving technical advice of wiping this and wiping that and re-installing this and re-installing that.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 06:41 AM
    How do you run autoloader? Can you please provide detailed steps? I did a security wipe and restored my data. Running the leaked version of 10.1.0.1492 but now the HUB doesn't appear, i just get a black screen when accessing the Hub
    04-24-13 09:31 PM
    Thank you. I have tried everything, but only this method worked.
    superstavros and fatih.kurnaz like this.
    04-29-13 04:52 AM
    This works
    Joelimar Bringuelo likes this.
    05-10-13 05:20 PM
    What is Auto loader ?
    05-15-13 08:30 AM
36 12