i jst bought my z10 today and since im in the middle east i had it reload the os to match the most recent software version through link. everything went fine and i fiddle a bit with it when it got stuck...it gave me a blue screen with nothing on it and jst went off.now all i see is double blinking red led even after battery pull and holding the power button for 10 seconds!! the pc wont recognize the z10 and i cant even reload the os anymore!! please urgent help is needed
    04-17-13 09:27 AM
    plz ppl....any1 with any kind of help or comment about this?in my 3 years of bb never have i encountered the red led blinking and no boot up...
    04-17-13 04:33 PM
    plz ppl....any1 with any kind of help or comment about this?in my 3 years of bb never have i encountered the red led blinking and no boot up...
    I think you may wanna try to look for the autoloader file from somewhere in the forum for your z10 and try to load that up. you're in mid east so your z10 should be the stl-1 am I right? I happened to read someone used to post the link for the OS 10.0.10.648 OS for your type of z10. have a search and follow the prompts. the autoloader will basically wipe all the data by bypassing everything once it runs.

then I hope you've got a backup of your data, coz after loading up the OS you need to restore that back.
    04-17-13 04:43 PM
    Sorry but I think it is dead. Sounds like something went wrong when you were updating the OS. You will need to reload the OS, if you can.
    04-17-13 04:45 PM
    Maybe you should just exchange it if you can since you just bought it today.
    04-17-13 04:48 PM
    i have an stl-2 and did a full os reload to get the latest os there as pointed in the other thread from middle eastern z10 with stl-2 version, will the autoloader be able to reinstall the os even if the pc isnt even able to recognize the phone? i wish it was as simple as exchanging it...in my country we get ripped off sadly...
    04-17-13 04:58 PM
    04-17-13 05:10 PM
    Two things:

1. I know you've tried this already, but try to load an OFFICIAL OS again, and let it complete PROPERLY, do not disconnect till it is back to the home screen, and the new device wizard starts...

2. Failing that, like others have said, since you literally just bought it, and you stressed that this is urgent, take it back to the place you bought it. Explain your situation, and they should simply replace it. Due to your urgency, this would obviously be the quickest solution.

Keep us posted...
    04-17-13 05:18 PM