I've looked through the forums quite a bit and don't seem to find anyone with this same problem... many ear speaker problems, but mine goes a bid deeper into replacement and troubleshooting. My ear speaker started going out. On a phone call the sound would come in and out, get quite then back to normal volume again. Seemed like there was a connection problem. The speaker would react differently if I tapped the phone or twisted it.

So, I replaced the speaker. Weird thing, the new speaker did the same thing. I figured I bought a crappy replacement at first, but the speaker was acting exactly the same as the original. I used it for a while, but then the speaker went out completely.

Then I took it a step further and bought an ear speaker/headphone jack/cable assembly and replaced it. The new speaker still does not work. The new headphone jack of the new assembly does work.

Any thoughts? I guess my next step would be to replace the middle housing since it makes a connection with the speaker.
    07-12-14 10:05 AM
    Wow! That's quite an issue! Is there any hope of replacing the entire unit? Seems strange that as you swap parts the problem still exists. It's not the OS is it?
    07-12-14 10:55 AM
    The phone is not under warranty. I got it from someone off Craigslist (pretty risky I guess), but it was darn cheap and it lasted me a good while. I did reload the OS after I replaced the ear speaker assembly, but nothing changed.

Yea, I'm basically swapping parts parts until it's fixed, but the more parts I buy, the more money I sink into it!
    07-12-14 06:45 PM