I agree with op. Zero black screens, zero reboots. This Z10 is rock solid, don't you agree?

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy likes this.
    04-20-13 08:16 AM
    To the op, I will help you.
    Complain to your carrier, it's your carrier that has installed a bug ridden os on your phone,
    BlackBerry have said they give the carrier the official os and then the carrier modifies it to their requirements, that's where the problem is,
    Please complain to the carrier, tweet them, phone them.

Sure. Maybe blackberry should push the carriers to sort this out ASAP

Also maybe the journalists on crack berry should do a investigation into this,

I hope you you get a good os update soon, then you will see what a great phone the Z10 is.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 08:26 AM
    I know this is a serious discussion, but did anyone else say those first three words in their head like it was in a beer commercial? :P
    I am Canadian too....but i don't see how being Canadian has anything to do with the problem....Perhaps from now on everyone should start their post with I am Whatever....American, Indian,English, Irish....and it will automatically add gravitas to your post....
    irweezyy likes this.
    04-20-13 08:33 AM
    So you have 2 contracts on the go or did you purchase outright from these 2 Canadian service providers?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 08:47 AM
    Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.
    Cars using internal combustion engines were first introduced in 1806. Yet, today's new models still have issues some of which lead to massive recalls. To follow your line of reasoning they should have been building the perfect car since 1812, providing of course that everyone would be happy driving an 1812 model today.
    04-20-13 08:54 AM
    If this were a BlackBerry Bold 9900 launch and issues like this were happening, then ya, big problem.

But when the OS is a baby, it won't be perfect.

Would you get mad if your baby started crying?
    Yep, the bold only launched with a bricking issue, at least with the Z10 you can keep using it after it reboots.
    04-20-13 09:02 AM
    There is a difference between a manufacturing fault and a problem that seems to apply mostly to some Verizon customers. Blaming the manufacturer for what appears to be a problem with a service provider is pointless.

Those wanting a "perfect" product or device should not buy the first model or production run. No matter how long the type of device has been on the market, anything that has been radically redesigned will inevitably have unintended performance results simply because all of the permutations of conditions cannot be tested prior to release. The cost of doing so would be prohibitive and would discourage companies from innovating any more than incrementally. Those that buy anything that is the result of a big change are known as early adopters and should expect to invest time and energy into getting their device to work perfectly. Those not willing to spend time figuring things out should wait for the production model that has been reviewed by customers as having no problems.
    04-20-13 09:07 AM
    That's the whole point of a forum about a product. If BMW was to release 1000 cars and 800 of them worked flawlessly, it doesn't make it any better for the 200. Just stop. We realize there are some without problems but there are MANY with problems and we are using the product number one fan site to discuss it and try an escalate the issue to the parent company. Just stop.

Posted via CB10
    The reason I ask is: If it's the former, I draw your attention here: Blackberry Knowledge Base Article ID KB34039
    Like I said, THEY KNOW.
    04-20-13 09:08 AM
    There's been firmware upgrades on my Cisco router.
    There's been firmware upgrades on my 5 year old Nissan.
    There's been firmware upgrades on my photocopier at work.
    There's been hundreds of updates on my PC.
    My wife's Samsung SG3 had an emergency upgrade to prevent "sudden death"
    iTunes is updating all the time on my daughter's Mac.
    My Samsung smart TV gets updates.
    My Pioneer amp got an update.
    My Sony camera needs a firmware update.
    My satellite receiver gets firmware upgrades.

AND THATS ONLY SOFTWARE

Hardware ?????
    My Honda Accord got recalled
    My Nissan Altima got recalled
    My Ford Windstar got recalled.
    My Fridgidaire had a bad compressor fixed at no charge.
    My Whirlpool washer got the motor control replaced at no charge.
    .... and I am not talking defective 'warranty' type of manufacturing defects, I am talking about every device we made has the same problem so we need to fix them out in the market.

Even simple items, no matter how much they are tested, need to be tweaked once they enter the consumer market and get a real testing. The Z10 is anything but a simple item.

So to say that 'first generation' is not a valid reason for an item to have issues is silly.
    04-20-13 09:13 AM
    Think Apple is impervious to problems?
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    Posted via CB10
    I'd like to point out that only 5 posts into the thread, the OP mentions - 'Apple is sending me a whole new phone'. No extra troubleshooting or gnashing of teeth by the community. No trolling...

Guys - if you have a problem and your Zed doesn't work like it should, ask for a replacement and move on to enjoying your BlackBerry experience.

Root
    04-20-13 09:15 AM
    That's reason enough not to buy it. Thanks for the tip but what now about the rebooting Z10? Do I leave the relative safety of OS7 and the 9900 for a possibly defective phone? I'm counting on the honest opinions of you all! My crackberry brethern.
    Mines never rebooted so it's clearly not a defective phone, and your personal h
    Phone has problems. My iphone 4s force closes and reboots at times, the home button barley works.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:50 AM
    You mean like how you and others do here?
    When? By all means vent all day. But don't tell people not to express their positive experience. My advice to anyone, such as the OP, who wants a solution is to exchange the device. But if you just want to vent then go ahead...but don't tell folks they aren't allowed to share their experience if it's positive.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:07 AM
    the only issue with my Z10 is that its not the Q10 ... aside from that its a great device first gen or not .... i picked up the wifes IPhone the other day and it feels old dated compared to my Z10
    04-20-13 10:12 AM
    True! different realities indeed, mine is truth and your is in Waterloo. If you've had enough blackberries then you have put up with abuses over the years, in the form of not enough RAM, under powered batties, spontaneous reboots, frozen lock screens, free spinning track wheels, dirty track balls, unresponsive track pads, lack of apps, over pricing, and now denial. But how do we faithful respond to the promises of OS 7, OS 2.0 and OS 10.1? We submitt to the promises and we shell out more cash, only to be stuck with 2 32GB PB's that are no more than $1300US web browsers and a Z10 with none of the most popular apps. We don't hold BB accountable or leave for another phone maker, we just make excuses and call doubters trolls
    I never called anyone a troll. I told you that buying a device you don't like and then comparing it to being in an abusive relationship is offensive. You listed many experiences in this post. None of them are mine. They are yours. Take ownership of them and act upon them in a sensible way. My advice is to go find yourself a nice android or Iphone. In the meantime you might benefit from not assuming everyone has experienced what you have. Most of us have our own experiences and what you just described are not mine.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:14 AM
    "Cars using internal combustion engines were first introduced in 1806. "

I think you mean 1885, when Karl Benz produced an internal combustion engine vehicle. He patented it in 1886. Before that people experimented with steam engines, which really didn't work well. Historical note: It's believed that his wife Bertha was the first person ever to go for a drive in a motor car. The story may be apocryphal but it is said that she took the kids to see her mother, getting arrested several times on the way there and back by disbelieving policemen. I hope it's true, I'd have liked to meet her! - even if my German isn't as good as it should be.
    Sandy Sprong likes this.
    04-20-13 10:15 AM
    Never had a restart here which is actually pretty amazing given that it's also first gen 3'rd party apps, Some people will always have children's deseases I guess but it's important to describe the actual problem, if your wish is to have a constructive debate / solution, insted of device bashing, this apply's to any device
    04-20-13 10:18 AM
    The OS has been coded from the bottom up, I have absolutely no issues with my z10, got it last week from tmobile, most of the issues are carrier based. They rushed to get the phone out because they had massive pressure on their backs, if they waited a few months when the s4 and Iphone 5s were released do you really think people would even walk into a phone store to glance at the z10?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:20 AM
    I can't help suspect that, as people note above, the problems are going to be down to apps, apps and apps. I very rarely have problems with phones - and all my BBs and both Playbooks have been rock solid - but I am always very careful about what I install on anything I use for work of any kind.
    If the US carriers are installing their own stuff, that could be a source of problems.
    No phone maker can test everything, and a developer can modify a working app and create a problem. Even Apple have been caught out despite their approval system.
    When I get my Q10, I won't put anything Android on it. If I want an Android phone, I'll get one, but not for anything important. Why compromise on the security which is part of BB USP?
    04-20-13 10:20 AM
    Let me guess. You owned a Toyota that had an "uncontrolled acceleration " issue.
    Blame the car when it was determined to be "User Error". Some people can't operate something as complex as a phone. It has a lot of those high techie finger swipie jesterie thingies.
    It a phone. Just a phone.
    Bahaha...no, I've never owned a Toyota. I see you're one of those users though. Keep ignoring the points with your sarcastic "Humor". But at least start singing kumbaya with me. It really suits your posts.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-20-13 10:40 AM
    richardat/reneebob/bobaukland/kanyeezy/kanyeezy1

I seriously can't tell these posters apart. Its just the same morbid love-hate infatuation with BB.

BB10 shouldn't be compared to other first gen phones. First gen iphone was junk when it came out. Took about 3 years for it to get anywhere. BB10 is already amazing. The competition better be ready cause BB10 just took off and its at full sprint. We all know we BBs update cycle they are already well on their way to making updates and adding to the platform. 10.1 is already out there, and it hasn't even been 3 months since launch. Alec S said in the interview they already have more coming.

I'm amazed a first-generation platform can look this good.
    TgeekB and Vorkosigan like this.
    04-20-13 10:41 AM
    Woke up to yet another reboot and carrier refuse to replace 35 days after purchase. **** the day I decided to get another BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:42 AM
    K, I think we can say the OPs premise has been sufficiently refuted.
    04-20-13 10:44 AM
    Woke up to yet another reboot and carrier refuse to replace 35 days after purchase. **** the day I decided to get another BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Try using Blackberry's warranty. Otherwise if you feel that strongly then sell it and get another phone. Posting what you just posted is not gonna help you.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    get a 'droid. They are reboot free.

Just a tip. It might be a better idea to contact BB instead of ranting here and not listening to anyones input.
    fragment137 likes this.
    04-20-13 10:46 AM
    There's been firmware upgrades on my Cisco router.
    There's been firmware upgrades on my 5 year old Nissan.
    There's been firmware upgrades on my photocopier at work.
    There's been hundreds of updates on my PC.
    My wife's Samsung SG3 had an emergency upgrade to prevent "sudden death"
    iTunes is updating all the time on my daughter's Mac.
    My Samsung smart TV gets updates.
    My Pioneer amp got an update.
    My Sony camera needs a firmware update.
    My satellite receiver gets firmware upgrades.

AND THATS ONLY SOFTWARE

Hardware ?????
    My Honda Accord got recalled
    My Nissan Altima got recalled
    My Ford Windstar got recalled.
    My Fridgidaire had a bad compressor fixed at no charge.
    My Whirlpool washer got the motor control replaced at no charge.
    .... and I am not talking defective 'warranty' type of manufacturing defects, I am talking about every device we made has the same problem so we need to fix them out in the market.

Even simple items, no matter how much they are tested, need to be tweaked once they enter the consumer market and get a real testing. The Z10 is anything but a simple item.

So to say that 'first generation' is not a valid reason for an item to have issues is silly.
    Yes, that's understandable. Things happen and updates are essential. Recalls happen all the time in many types of industries, but the excuse is lame for some of these issues. If I phone released a new phone tomorrow with no antenna, saying it's the first phone of its kind won't make the issue any less stupid. We'd all be sitting here laughing and shaking our heads for a device being released in 2013 with no antenna. Just like if someone sent you a fridge with no cooling system, you'd be wondering how the he'll that happened...it's a fridge!

I'm saying electronics can go to crap at any time but some things are just not justified by using this excuse (it's a first)

Posted from my ZED10
    04-20-13 10:46 AM
395 ... 7891011 ...