ah? less to lose?

hmmmmmmm. I don't know where to start.
    Shoot. I'm fine with hearing your perspective.

I think Samsung can afford to have quality control issues. They've always had some. Major ones, in my view. But hey, dashes cure all, I guess.

BBRY, coming off a rough patch, I think is forced to be a bit more circumspect with its offerings, as it is fighting a tougher battle with regards to regaining marketshare.
    JeepBB, mset and grover5 like this.
    04-20-13 11:19 PM
    Oh, and iPhone and android phones launch without issues? Seriously, you need to visit their respective forums and OEM support forums. Many of those owners would disagree with you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=797822
    04-20-13 11:19 PM
    Anyone who has come from android and rooted their devices, has dealt with reboots a lot. It's my only issue and it rarely happens. The z10 is a great, easy to use device. Awesome job RI .... blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    Currently own 5 rooted Android devices. Never had an inadvertent reboot, though I know some ROMs cause them. I stick to well tested ROMs though.

But yes... my limited usage indicates the Z is a fine device with a fine OS.

Funnily enough, it was a VZW Z10 I used...
    04-20-13 11:23 PM
    Mine doesn't seem to restart unless I restart it in purpose

Posted via CB10
    Same here. The only major issue I have with mine is duplicate info within contacts really(I think this has to do with it pulling info from multiple sources). Mine was made in 'Mexico 6', if that makes any difference and I'm with T-Mobile USA.
    04-21-13 12:23 AM
    For newer members of the forum, this old thread may give you some perspective:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=179027

The old timers will recall the Storm era as the wildest in CB history. That was just one of the scores of rant threads. Check out post #3. Sounds familiar? LOL. Change the dates and device and it's scary. IIRC, this was right around when some BB exec went on the record as saying something to the effect of consumers should expect buggy software. That was bad.

Not saying that the Z10 is another Storm, but folks will have problems, some won't. Still, expecting bugs should not be acceptable for ANY platform.
    h20work likes this.
    04-21-13 12:49 AM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was much better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    Without a doubt the Z10 was rushed to market along with BES 10.0. There are bugs in the OS. You can't compare the experience of OS7 devices; like the Bold 9900 with OS10 as the new OS was developed from the ground up by a completely different set of developers. Not to mention RIM at the time was going through tough times that they had to lay off a lot of people, so they had to OS 10.0 working well enough, but not perfectly, so they could release it and save their ***.

So you see the first generation arguement does hold up on it's on own with the events that took place while it was being developed, only a person who hasn't been paying attention would think it has nothing to do with it!
    ihys likes this.
    04-21-13 01:14 AM
    Don't speak for me.

I haven't had a single random restart since I bought it on T-Mobile 25 days ago. And

I'm a heavy user.

Don't justify the Z10's issues by using the "first generation" argument.-img_00000591.png

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 01:26 AM
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

The other phones have their quirks too. My friends iPhone freezes on her She was just complaining about it a few hours ago. Like seriously... My mac book won't play YouTube videos in safari which bugs me why doesn't everyone raise a stink about that??

Sam
    04-21-13 01:43 AM
    Haven't had any problems - don't understand your complaints...

#KeepMoving
    04-21-13 02:05 AM
    I totally agree. Some of the glitches are so avoidable. This is really bad planning and bad management
    04-21-13 06:40 AM
    What the heck are you guys doing with your device? Z10 has no rebooting issues or anything. I am a brand new BlackBerry user. I have an ipad and yes apple is not perfect.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:02 AM
    I kind of agree. It does seem like a desperate defense for certain issues that should not be here in the first place.

I think if Apple were to release a brand new communication device today, with no antenna (dejavu), nobody would turn and say, "It's cool cuz it's the first os of it's kind, Dude!". Let's keep things real. Just like I expect to buy a brand new first generation Honda and expect the brakes to work. Of course such things can fail, but the excuse that it's a "First" is quite lame, especially when the device isn't something revolutionary or unique, if you know what I mean; smartphones aren't a new invention anymore.

By the way, my zed 10 has been incredible, thankfully. Hoping it remains this way and only gets better, but I sympathize with those having email or reboot issues -- things that should NOT be happening on this type of device, no matter how new or recent it is.

Posted from my ZED10
    Google it, Wiki it, or whatever but get your facts straight, AntennaGate did not occur on the first iPhone and by the way brake problems on a car, nevaaar (Toyota looks away nervously).

It's not that we should be okay with issues on our phones (and I am experiencing some of the issues posted here) its that in reality they are going to occur. I've decided to enjoy my Z10 regardless and wait for the software updates.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:13 AM
    If BlackBerry 10 was released in 2006/2007 then sure we can pretend it was a first crack at a new OS. But it is not 2006/2007...it's 2013. Either BB10 is ready for the majors or it is bush league.

The info about BB10.1 seems promising so let's hope that BlackBerry has figured out the game plan. If not, they can forget trying to seriously compete with iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:22 AM
    My story is simple. Went to a Verizon store on Long Island to buy a z10 tried out two display models, thought it funny and disappointing that both had random reboots, didn't buy. I'll wait.
    04-21-13 07:36 AM

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.
    There weren't any similar level smartphones out and aren't. It is what it is. A NEW OS with an RT-KERNEL that has never been used for this purpose before. It has -- technically -- nothing to do with previous BBs, iOS, Android or WP8.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:48 AM
    OK guys let's agree to something: IT IS a first generation OS. And like with many first generation OS, there WOULD be bugs.

But if you quickly sample the threads, there is always one person saying they have a problem with the phone and at least a hundred that would say they don't. So not only its a first generation OS, it is also mostly bug free.

Sure, stuff have to be ironed out. But everything is at part with the other major OS out there.

For those having issues, bring it back for a replacement of wait for a update but I can assure you, 99% of the Z10 out there are working flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:05 AM
    If BlackBerry 10 was released in 2006/2007 then sure we can pretend it was a first crack at a new OS. But it is not 2006/2007...it's 2013. Either BB10 is ready for the majors or it is bush league.

The info about BB10.1 seems promising so let's hope that BlackBerry has figured out the game plan. If not, they can forget trying to seriously compete with iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    Are you really paid CrApple trolls without any brain cells left. Why on Earth a mature (read stale) iOS still has issue in ver 6.1
    So 6 years old iOS has issues with 16 years old MS Exchange after 6 major iOS releases and countless minor and bug fixes

Apple: iOS 6.1 Exchange Bug Will Be Patched, Here’s A Temporary Fix | Cult of Mac Mobile
    Some iOS 6.1.3 users hit by battery drain and Wi-Fi issues | Apple - CNET News

All of this released by the mighty Apple that "just works"
    Why dont' you just shut the $#*& up and either try to resolve the issue (provided there is one) or go back to your rotten Apple "ecosystem"
    04-21-13 08:14 AM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was much better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    Perfectly said... You have to compare to what's available now... That's what consumers do. I can't remember the last time I heard a prospective customer comparing a phone sitting in front of them to a first gen iPhone to "keep it even"... Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-21-13 08:41 AM
    We interrupt is bashing with a word from our sponsors...

And now back to our program.
    04-21-13 08:49 AM
    Perfectly said... You have to compare to what's available now... That's what consumers do. I can't remember the last time I heard a prospective customer comparing a phone sitting in front of them to a first gen iPhone to "keep it even"... Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly! You need to compare it with what is out there TODAY. On one side we have the 6th version of iOS that still has issues with WiFi, exchange, battery drain and password lock screen. On the other side we have a small group of Z10 users, on a older version of the OS, with problems with reboots. Those are facts. Draw your own conclusions.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:57 AM
    Are you really paid CrApple trolls without any brain cells left. Why on Earth a mature (read stale) iOS still has issue in ver 6.1
    So 6 years old iOS has issues with 16 years old MS Exchange after 6 major iOS releases and countless minor and bug fixes

Apple: iOS 6.1 Exchange Bug Will Be Patched, Here�s A Temporary Fix | Cult of Mac Mobile
    Some iOS 6.1.3 users hit by battery drain and Wi-Fi issues | Apple - CNET News

All of this released by the mighty Apple that "just works"
    Why dont' you just shut the $#*& up and either try to resolve the issue (provided there is one) or go back to your rotten Apple "ecosystem"
    Apple also fixes those bugs in less than 4 weeks... Usually immediately after discovery. I gotta give them credit for that..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-13 09:00 AM
    You should have a look at this thread, the OP makes the point that all these devices that are in their 4th 5th or 6th iteration still aren't perfect and experience the same issues.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=797822

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    04-21-13 09:02 AM
    Exactly! You need to compare it with what is out there TODAY. On one side we have the 6th version of iOS that still has issues with WiFi, exchange, battery drain and password lock screen. On the other side we have a small group of Z10 users, on a older version of the OS, with problems with reboots. Those are facts. Draw your own conclusions.

Posted via CB10
    Well given iOS and androids users base issues are bound to be found more frequently. BB10 has about 1/10000th of the install base... Many issues, bugs, or missing features seem to be easily discovered and prevalent on a even with the smaller install base.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-13 09:04 AM
    For newer members of the forum, this old thread may give you some perspective:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=179027

The old timers will recall the Storm era as the wildest in CB history. That was just one of the scores of rant threads. Check out post #3. Sounds familiar? LOL. Change the dates and device and it's scary. IIRC, this was right around when some BB exec went on the record as saying something to the effect of consumers should expect buggy software. That was bad.

Not saying that the Z10 is another Storm, but folks will have problems, some won't. Still, expecting bugs should not be acceptable for ANY platform.
    Ah those were the days. It's funny to see how delusional some people were about even the Storm. Anyone that defends that POS should be banned from here.
    h20work and Rello like this.
    04-21-13 09:15 AM
    I disagree. There's nothing really "new" about the smartphone industry. They added software features, but the technology has been around forever now. Elementary issues that are known to the Z10 now simply should not happen. It's like purchasing a TV and automatically turns off, nobody cares that it is the first Toshiba GK3948, don't sell me a TV with issues PERIOD.
    Neither are the industries they listed. Products ship all the time with bugs and get updated. I'm yet to buy a game that doesn't need an update soon after launch.
    Any tech product will be effected by this.
    04-21-13 09:24 AM
395 ... 13141516