I still have a storm 2, actually was a pretty darn good phone, took a while to adjust to the 9850 and it's track pad.
    Yeah, even sure-touch was OK.
    04-20-13 08:29 PM
    It's a first generation device.

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-20-13 08:30 PM
    As I have already posted, bb is advising against replacing the device. They are aware of the reboot issue and know it isn't a carrier problem. Please stop telling people to replace the phone, it will not help. Unless of course you have spent hours on the phone with, emailing back and forth, etc.
    04-20-13 08:32 PM
    Not just a dud. Lots and lots of duds, mostly with the same problem. And the people returning the phones for an exchange often if not nearly always seem to get replacements with the same problem. That's not a dud, that's a systemic problem. It may be carrier specific. It may be related to a batch. But whatever it is. it's not random problems happening. They are overwhelmingly the SAME problem.

So, why are some people having many phones with identical problems and many with no problems at all? Who knows. But I'm sure BB will sort it out. They better hurry though. They have a market to catch up to.
    Duds should have the same issues... Otherwise you wouldn't be able to fix them. There's no such thing as a random problem. Although it may very well seem that way until you start picking apart the variables. BB will fix it in time. Expect future batches to have less problems.

Anybody remember the iphone 5 issues, or did that just get completely forgotten? Those were worse than the Z10 issues. For the record, that wasn't quality control, just stupidity in the type of aluminum that they used for the phone. Apple actually has fantastic quality control. The point is that new devices are not without faults when the are first released. You can narrow it down as much as you want, but you don't know what all the faults are UNTIL they are released on a large scale. It's not possible.
    04-20-13 08:37 PM
    Ok so mine had the issue of restarting, some apps didn't work right and it seemed like my emails are delayed sometimes. Screw this new os theory. I have yet to see ANY phone come out without issues. The only reason Apple seems to come out with good phones is because they have done nothing but tweek their os. Android? Always building different for every phone that comes our. Windows? New innovation. So ever body but Apple is trying different things. So I don't want to hear it.

And please don't compare a tv. When a tv can do all the things my phone can and be portable then compare it. Oh wait then it would be a phone.

Feel free to add me 24EFEB55
    04-20-13 08:52 PM
    I think some of you guys are missing the point. The other day I bought a brand new whisk. It worked perfectly, is it too much to expect the same from my phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 08:57 PM
    I think some of you guys are missing the point. The other day I bought a brand new whisk. It worked perfectly, is it too much to expect the same from my phone?

Posted via CB10
    Yes

I can make a whisk.. I can't make a phone
    04-20-13 09:03 PM
    Yes

I can make a whisk.. I can't make a phone
    You can make a whisk!? I tried once but it didn't really work though and I lost the end of a finger in the process (true story.) How'd you make yours? Could you post a pic?

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    04-20-13 09:07 PM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was much better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    But it's a first generation device! Haha
    04-20-13 09:14 PM
    You can make a whisk!? I tried once but it didn't really work though and I lost the end of a finger in the process (true story.) How'd you make yours? Could you post a pic?

Posted via CB10
    Haha!. Alright, I know where this is going so I'm going to make this my last post. I'm a Mechanical Engineer. I can make a lot of things.
    04-20-13 09:15 PM
    Haha!. Alright, I know where this is going so I'm going to make this my last post. I'm a Mechanical Engineer. I can make a lot of things.
    Pic or it didn't happen.

Posted via CB10
    LWKING likes this.
    04-20-13 09:17 PM
    Pic or it didn't happen.

Posted via CB10
    You both need to post pics. I'm having a hard time with the losing body parts making a whisk thing. They seem so harmless.
    04-20-13 09:54 PM
    Iphone doesn't have issues? To me that is a laugh. I owned an Iphone for about two years and there were several issues, two of them major. So far I have had no real issues with my Z10 or BB10. Because both the hardware and OS (BB10) are a new (the OS from the ground up), I did expect some issues. I have had issues with apps. Whose fault this is? I'm not sure but it falls back on Blackberry's reputation. Blackberry needs to be on top of the popular apps to ensure they meet certain standards. I know one app for sure, that is a Blackberry built app, that is performing poorly. That app is Facebook. Facebook is, of course, a much used app and relied on by many. Surely Thorsten Hein knows that if you put out a poor quality app for Facebook it is going to come back to haunt you. So I really can't understand some of the things that are going on with Facebook. Twitter went down last week, and yes Twitter has gone down on Iphone before too. But these types of failures are going to hurt Blackberry more than Apple. Blackberry, after all, needs to demonstrate to the world that they are back in the game. I sure hope Blackberry puts more effort into ensuring both Facebook and Twitter are leading edge, reliable and responsive. p.s. I have absolutely no issues with reboots. Just a caution to sideloaders or beta leaked OS's...don't blame BB if that ends up being a problem on your phone. Just like the many Iphones that were jail broken and are now in the trash.
    04-20-13 09:54 PM
    I had the Storm 2. I'm one of the three people in the world who liked it, I think. I even liked the touch keypad.
    Nope you are one of four. I look longingly at it every time I open the drawer. My 9850 touch screen is a pain and can not keep my Z10 running. Storm 2 is the only touch screen of any brand that actually works. Seriously thinking of re-activating it.
    04-20-13 10:07 PM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was much better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    Knock, knock...reality calling. Electronic devices that run complex OSes are going to have bugs...period. Microsoft has them, so does Linux, Android, and even Apple. When my wife first got the Samsung S2, for a while there she hated it and wanted her Evo back because the Samsung was constantly locking up on her. We'll soon get her the S4 and I'd be willing to put money down that their will be a problem or two that requires a software upgrade to resolve.

I too (like you) am experiencing some issues, but unlike you, I'm willing to be a bit patient and am confident that this platform will stabilize and mature into a great third OS option for consumers.

Having said that, da**it Verizon release the update that all other carriers have already.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:29 PM
    9 year fan of blackberry and I can say this is sad. Blackberry should not have released this device with the problems it has or if they didn't know it they should have done allot more testing before launch. Blackberry was know for it's email and they fell flat on their face with this one. Not sure why there are a few that have never had any problems but when you hear of a ton of folks on here saying they are having problems that is equal to 10 times more folks that just don't know where to come to find these forums or they don't take the time to post. Blackberry tried to bring out a phone that was like no other and they did, just too bad it's the worst phone they ever put out. Now given some time maybe, and thats a big maybe they can fix the problems they have. Guys don't get me wrong I hope they can get this thing working like it should because I want my blackberry to work as it should. But there is a time limit to how long I will wait. If not fixed before my time to trade is up I will be using something other then a blackberry
    Now my email is like many others and it only updates every 15 mins. Now I understand this is the way they say it is going to from now on. Put that is you ads and I would not have bought one. Can't even say the 15 min deal is right. Check a message on my phone and happen to get on the laptop around an hour later and that email was still there like an un-opened message.
    Phone reboots about 5-6 times a week. And I hate it when it does at night because then the bedside mode is gone and I don't have a clock I can see.
    Apps, about half when your in a game the sounds goes out. now about half of the ones I downloaded don't even run any more, and the only thing I have done is the OS update thru my carrier. apps that need a connection to work don't even want to run in a 3g area.
    Browser is SLOW on 3g. now I understand this is different because of the changes but the iphone beats it hands down in a 3g area. If you made this phone and forgot that many of us don't live in a 4g or LTE area shame on you.
    It seems like blackberry got so far behind trying to get a new phone that they just pushed this onto the market and hoped we would just go along with it. As the title of the post say don't justify this as a first gen problem, you have been working on this phone for a couple of years now. Plenty of time to get it right
    04-20-13 10:34 PM
    9 year fan of blackberry and I can say this is sad. Blackberry should not have released this device with the problems it has or if they didn't know it they should have done allot more testing before launch. Blackberry was know for it's email and they fell flat on their face with this one. Not sure why there are a few that have never had any problems but when you hear of a ton of folks on here saying they are having problems that is equal to 10 times more folks that just don't know where to come to find these forums or they don't take the time to post. Blackberry tried to bring out a phone that was like no other and they did, just too bad it's the worst phone they ever put out. Now given some time maybe, and thats a big maybe they can fix the problems they have. Guys don't get me wrong I hope they can get this thing working like it should because I want my blackberry to work as it should. But there is a time limit to how long I will wait. If not fixed before my time to trade is up I will be using something other then a blackberry
    Now my email is like many others and it only updates every 15 mins. Now I understand this is the way they say it is going to from now on. Put that is you ads and I would not have bought one. Can't even say the 15 min deal is right. Check a message on my phone and happen to get on the laptop around an hour later and that email was still there like an un-opened message.
    Phone reboots about 5-6 times a week. And I hate it when it does at night because then the bedside mode is gone and I don't have a clock I can see.
    Apps, about half when your in a game the sounds goes out. now about half of the ones I downloaded don't even run any more, and the only thing I have done is the OS update thru my carrier. apps that need a connection to work don't even want to run in a 3g area.
    Browser is SLOW on 3g. now I understand this is different because of the changes but the iphone beats it hands down in a 3g area. If you made this phone and forgot that many of us don't live in a 4g or LTE area shame on you.
    It seems like blackberry got so far behind trying to get a new phone that they just pushed this onto the market and hoped we would just go along with it. As the title of the post say don't justify this as a first gen problem, you have been working on this phone for a couple of years now. Plenty of time to get it right
    It's a first generation phone and it's already way better than other phones out there! If people are having issue they should bring it back to their carrier. And I don't agree that tons of people have problems, if that was the case, it would had already been out in the media. it would had been on CNET, on BGR, and all those non blackberry friendly website.

I do understand that it's frustrating to have issues with the phone but there is no point into blowing this out of proportions and trying to damage the reputation of BlackBerry.

I had mine since February 5th and I can swear that I haven't ran any issues. They probably sold 2 or 3 millions phones by now... and they are bound to have issues.

Honestly and am really really surprised that this phone is working so well for a first generation... I was actually expecting a bunch of bugs

Posted via CB10
    allstar0088 likes this.
    04-20-13 10:49 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=797822

EVERYONE here should view this thread and the links posted by OP. This thread is moot.
    R Field likes this.
    04-20-13 10:49 PM
    Completely agree... but again, the others have less to lose.
    ah? less to lose?

hmmmmmmm. I don't know where to start.
    04-20-13 10:54 PM
    Your problem is you're not holding the phone correctly---Steve Jobs
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-20-13 10:57 PM
    OP, you are showing your agenda. aahhahahha.

BB 10 1st generation is better then whatever version the other dead-end iOS and 'droid are on. Although in the long run it will be nice to have the closed iOS around, although 'droid will be completely annihilated. Lets get serios though. 80% of android deviecs are at least a generation behind, and we all know likely rebooting and freezing more than they are functioning properly.
    04-20-13 11:04 PM
    No reboot issue here except once cause of an app called zodiac horoscope when I closed it the device rebooted, so I deleted the app and never had a reboot since or before that.

I have had phone since feb 12th 2013

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    Is it a native BlackBerry 10 app? Thanks.

Post via CB Z10
    04-20-13 11:08 PM
    Anyone who has come from android and rooted their devices, has dealt with reboots a lot. It's my only issue and it rarely happens. The z10 is a great, easy to use device. Awesome job RI .... blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    allstar0088 likes this.
    04-20-13 11:09 PM
    I disagree. There's nothing really "new" about the smartphone industry. They added software features, but the technology has been around forever now. Elementary issues that are known to the Z10 now simply should not happen. It's like purchasing a TV and automatically turns off, nobody cares that it is the first Toshiba GK3948, don't sell me a TV with issues PERIOD.
    Oh, and iPhone and android phones launch without issues? Seriously, you need to visit their respective forums and OEM support forums. Many of those owners would disagree with you.
    04-20-13 11:15 PM
    Well, I guess either this forum is full of Apple fanboyz and Fandroids or I have about 17 different Z10s. On launch day I bought 3 (two black one white). Between then and now I added 14 more (company with BES). Not a single problem. Not a single reboot. The devices are from Rogers and AT&T, some were unlocked and roaming around the World. At least 3 of the users are former iPhone users. The Z10 browser was tested (internal IT tests) against iPhone 4s and 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note II. It won every time hands down on Wi Fi and 4G. None of the Z10 has a single sideloaded Android crap. Email comes faster to the Z10 then to the desktop. This nonsense reminds me when the New iPad was released and they had the horrible Wi Fi/3G issue (I think they still have it) and the users were fighting with each other calling various names. They were collecting serial #s, week and factory of manufacture, just hoping to find a common problem <> Apple. The reboots could be explained with the following:
    1. Faulty hardware
    2. Sideloaded Android crap
    3. Trolls
    4. Totally faulty design - hardware and software
    Since I have approx 17 devices and none has any issues, all purchased at random times, for me it is hard to believe point 4
    If I assume that point 3 does not explain all reboots, then it is 1 or 2. So my suggestion is - wipe the devices, do not load Android crap and see if the phone behaves the same, perhaps you were unlucky and proceed with warranty. Just sitting here and complaining how bad the Z10 is and how great the iPhone is, just puts you in the Troll category. By the way, just for fun, tell your current girl/boy friend how great your former was and see what happens. Raccoon eye at least. If you are geek enough and you do not have girl/boy friend, then you should be able to troubleshoot your phone issues or at least provide some facts that one can use and try to re-create your scenario. By the way for all of you who believe the mantra "it just works" just go to the Apple discussion forum (Google it) and search for New iPad Wi Fi issues.
    allstar0088 likes this.
    04-20-13 11:15 PM
395 ... 1213141516