This phone is great.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 05:16 PM
    I agree with OP. The "first gen" argument sometimes carries some weight, but I think when the release got pushed into 2013, Blackberry (then "RIM") gave up the option to point to BB10 as being first generation. As quoted earlier in Crackberry, Thorsten said, "We wanted to make one thing really really clear Matt. And this is this product has to be of the highest quality so there is no compromise on quality. Could we have rushed it out? Probably yes. But the point is, it's a new platform for the next 10 years. We want it to be stable. We want it to be reliable. We want it to be of high quality. And in light of this, I think a delay of two months is disappointing, and the whole team is disappointed, but they will continue working hard and get it out in the first quarter and we'll get it right."

And to all those who deny the value of OP's comment, and claim that they don't have reboot, or other, issues, I'd remind you that there were likely a great deal of Ford Pinto drivers that could claim they've never had an explosion problem...doesn't mean it was a non-issue.

As someone still on the fence, trying to decide what will replace my (now starting to show signs of failure) 9900, I place more value on the comments pointing out the problems, then those who would deny that the problems exist.
    If you genuinely value threads pointing out problems then it should be reasonably clear to you by now that it is non BB10 that has problems in terms of bugs and glitches, its whatever the US carriers are doing to it that is making it crash, which is in no way BB10's fault. The rebooting issue wasn't even reported until the US handsets started shipping.

The reason why there are a lot of people who post things like 'Mine doesn't do that' comes from a fairly large number of people who have never experienced the problems the US versions are having and feel its important to point out that it is NOT the Z10 or BB10 that has problems because we're sick to death of things being stated as fact that are totally contradicted by our own experiences of the device.

If people actually took it on board that the problems aren't with the device, just with the meddling that the US carriers have done to it, then all would be fine. People would vent their frustrations at their carriers, and we could all move on into a world where you guys get the same phone experience as those of us in the UK and Canada have had. Instead, people don't read the forums and understand where the problem is coming from, and they ***** here that the device has problems, and spread it further abroad as if the Z10 is a terrible device.

The Z10 is fine. BBRY did a great job in terms of QA with the software. Those of us whose carriers didn't mess with that have a superb experience with it. Those of you whose carriers did screw with the software didn't do their due dilligence in terms of testing and so you end up with bugs. Don't tell us that. We know thats happening. Go complain at the carriers. Make them take responsibility. BBRY can't take responsibility, they didn't do it.
    04-20-13 05:25 PM
    It's unfortunate that you having these issues! It seems highly unlikely that anyone person could be this unlucky to have the same issue with two different handset on two different networks ( which networks ?).

IMHO, if this was a blackberry problem then I think more people on here would be complaining about the product themselves and not their wish list and it would be worldwide.
    Considering your issue, is it possible its some action you're taking that's causing the problems? Blackberry has been doing a good job addressing issues directly related to them so far, not much they can do about what might be carrier related but I'm sure they're looking into it.

Hope this gets resolve soon for you and the rest with this problem! Like you said you saved long for your phone you should be able to enjoy it but I wouldn't be so quick to blame blackberry!
    Last edited by Kardinal_D; 04-20-13 at 06:26 PM.
    04-20-13 05:33 PM
    It is not BB10 that has problems ...in no way BB10's fault..... it is NOT the Z10 or BB10 that has problems

The Z10 is fine. BBRY did a great job in terms of QA with the software. ... BBRY can't take responsibility, they didn't do it.
    There couldn't be a better example of a totally pointless fanboy post that completely ignores the facts. Blackberry themselves have acknowledged software issues in their KB system of reporting and have assured Z10 users that fixes will be coming soon.

Amazingly, the fact that the company that makes the phone has acknowledged that there are software issues doesn't prevent people like this from trying to claim that there are no issues.

A perfect example is the SMTP mail bug that Omnitech worked so hard to help people with.

"Mine's not doing that!!" "There are no problems!!" "It's all the carrier's fault!!"

To quote KV....and so on.
    kevinnugent, ihys and JeepBB like this.
    04-20-13 05:33 PM
    Phone is awesome. I don't have any issues. Give it time. It's a first gen os

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 05:38 PM
    Love you long time

Stop your cry and write your own code QQ less please

Batberry Z10
    04-20-13 05:41 PM
    O.M.G....G.
    04-20-13 05:54 PM
    K this thread has become a troll-fest...

Can we have a MOD shut down this thread? It stopped being amusing about 10 pages ago.
    04-20-13 05:54 PM
    Phone is awesome. I don't have any issues. Give it time. It's a first gen os

Posted via CB10
    If you say it often enough, people might start to believe you.
    mset, ihys and JeepBB like this.
    04-20-13 05:57 PM
    I don't "Justify" anything. My experience with the Z10 has been awesone.

I have an iPhone 4 and I had a Samsung S3.

Coming from that perspective I can say comfortably that in my specific experience is that the Z10 is working wonderfully and as well as the other platforms.

BlackBerry has been releasing constant updates and patches to fix issues. Battery life has improved, more apps are available, I can accomplish everything I want with the Z10. In fact, I have my Z10 in my hands more so than any other phone

Is it perfect? Hell no. BlackBerry Link won't complete a backup. I have a few glitches in Contacts and when displaying images in emails. I wish the emails were beyond 30 days.

But it works for me. It gets the job done. No longer do I look at other phones with envy.

So BlackBerry, my faith in you is restored. Looking forward to playing with a Q10 and what the future brings.

To all the folks with constant reboots... I am deeply sorry you experience thus and I know it's not your imagination. there is a bad software version or bad batch of phones. If I was in your position I would return the phone and buy something else. Fortunately my Z10 is behaving.

To all the folks whining about apps... they will come or they will not. If you use your phone as a tool for a specific job then get the best phone for that job. iPhone if you are an app junky, Android if you love malware (My only intentional dig in this post). I would never blame someone or look down on them for using the right tool for the right job. I personally have all the apps I need, or noble site bookmarks, or Android ports that let me do what I want. I am lacking for nothing on the Z10. ( although Outlook desktop sync would be nice).

So, if the Z10 works for you, awesome. If it doesn't, go with peace and buy a phone that works for you. I hold no ill will and I'll sit with you and buy you a coffee and we can chat about our experiences.

Posted from my Z10 in the CB10 app
    ErinnM likes this.
    04-20-13 06:04 PM
    Pacemakers do not ship with issues..why do you keep justifying BB? it must be hard owning a device inferior to all the others out there

Doesn't matter what year it is...when something is BRAND new, it will have issues.

Video games launch with issues, computer OS' launch with issues, cars launch with issues.
    ihys likes this.
    04-20-13 07:14 PM
    Let's be civil now. There is little argument with his logic. And the counter argument is not the Z is better or that I don't have problems. He is addressing people that report problems and criticizing somewhat those that agree there are problems but pattempt to allow BlackBerry a temporary pass by attributing it to new technology.

The OP is not original in his argument not logic...but he us still 99% correct. This us new only for BB...It bus not going to set the tech World on fire. If you're late to the dance.....The Japanese were notorious for copying, but never worse than the original and usually better (at least after WWII). Eventually they, of course, become leaders in tech before falling back again. An auto mfr can't say it's our first anti lock brakes, or special transmission, or adjustable seat so don't expect us to match our competitor. We could go into a 190 examples in high, or low, tech industry.

Sure the Japanese might always sell well within Japan regardless of quality, there are staunch supporters of certain auto brands, and so too exists for BB. These BB forever and I've had an IPhone, Samsung, and now adore the Z the most--but look forward to getting a Q or the next "any new phone type buyers " are important but aren't the people that will keep BlackBerry financially afloat.

If you come late to the dance, and with nearly empty pockets, you have to be as good as any dancer on the floor...and probably better. And also don't blame the band, everyone hears the same music. BB is late and it's new OS has some real issues, and beyond simply the restart.
    If BlackBerry did these things (ie, left codinerrors) as a mktg strategy, time for potential buyers to move on. If BB was simply slow but had to get something out that wasn't fully tested then it better move very fast to plug the holes.

Skipping ahead and hitting on another post herein, clearly there are major problems with this phone. Therefore,
    the best thing is to attempt to band together to fix these issues, and in lightening time. This for the welfare and survival of BB, at least as an independent Co., if not for personal selfish reasons.

So yes, let's skip the accolades for error ridden late arrival of OS10 as it is only self serving to a small community. Instead let's accept the problems that exist and get to work fixing them in record time. ....

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 07:15 PM
    Pacemakers do not ship with issues..why do you keep justifying BB? it must be hard owning a device inferior to all the others out there
    Sorry, don't want to argue, just want to point out that humans generally are the authors of the products, and we tend to be less than perfect.

"FDA Alerts Patients to Medtronic Pacemaker Recall
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is alerting patients to the Class I recall of certain Medtronic Kappa and Sigma pacemakers. These devices may fail due to a separation of wires that connect the electronic circuit to other pacemaker components, such as the battery."

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsro.../ucm165853.htm

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan, web99 and brout like this.
    04-20-13 07:19 PM
    Fully agree with the op. But it seems clear that neither side is willing to be convinced.

We'll look at the z10 sales numbers and let them speak for themselves.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-20-13 07:21 PM
    Boy, THIS was predictable. Here's the thing. Some people are having problems. Anyone who answers that by saying "Well, MY phone isn't having problems" is being something of a jerl by implying that the OP is somehow wrong. The points here are; Some people ARE having problems. You simply cannot deny it. Second the problems being had are NOT minor. BB is supposed to be the business phone. Business phones do not reboot out of the blue. Mine did and so do many others. Third, QNX is NOT a new platform. It's been around since the 80s and it's designed to handle misbehaving apps gracefully. While I doubt it's an app problem since mine did it with no apps installed, the root cause of the problem for the purposes of this forum are irrelevant. What IS relevant is that believe it or not there is a subset of BB users with NON-minor issues and, also believe it or not, pretty much ALL of us were every bit as excited as YOU, the person with the non-malfunctioning phone, to get ours. Our disappointment is understandable and not helped in the least by being disbelieved and sneered at by those who think we are iOS shills or paid repos for Google or whatever other fantasies your minds can think up.

BB - get it together and FIX this BLOODY phone! I want a Z10 and I want one I can rely on as much as I can an iPhone or and Android phone. DON'T tell me to get an iPhone or an Android phone. I KNOW I can do that. But I want a Z10, not another boring iPhone or the same old Android, and I cannot accept a broken one.

When the old OS phones got balkier and balkier, people left the platform. OS7 was a big improvement but still needed battery pulls. BB never did rescue that platform and they ended up in massive trouble because of it. The phones were beautiful - there is still nothing on the market as gorgeous as a 9930. But their peculiarities got to the point that they drove away their customer base and it was disastrous for BB. They cannot afford a flaky OS. Not now. So the problems which exist are not problems that should be defended. You are not doing anyone any good by denying them, and if BB ignores them they will die and YOU, Mr. I Have A Perfect Z10, will be out of luck.
    ihys, JeepBB, litig8or98 and 2 others like this.
    04-20-13 07:46 PM
    There's movies that undergo years of production and come out being complete crap, there are games in development for years and come out like complete crap as well, so why can't it happen with new operating systems and phones?

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-20-13 07:50 PM
    Determining the issue on a software issue is sometimes easy sometimes not. That's the tricky part.
    Sometimes when I code, something I've done for years should work and does not. No reason, no rhyme, just doesn't work and I have to look for a "work around".
    If there were a fix it would have been given, first the place the issue comes from has to be determined and then solved.
    And it's not easy.
    It's tiring and after looking at thousands of lines of code and hundreds of thousands of characters within the code, the eyes blur.
    I don't know how many techs they have on the issue and I haven't ever worked with their cascades, nor am I a C/C++ expert.
    They have at least 23 libraries used (if I recall correctly) and you have to know them and be able to use them!
    And what if it's a combination of issues causing the issues, that just makes the whole issue more convoluted, so yes, it is difficult.
    Well stated PINC.

Any of the libraries, if they aren't written by BlackBerry, can have issues as well. I even know of errors in C/C++ compilers generating wrong code.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-20-13 07:57 PM
    wow this is like the playbbok vs ipad thread from two years ago
    h20work and JeepBB like this.
    04-20-13 08:03 PM
    That was fun too! I have and use a Playbook. That's a nice gadget.
    04-20-13 08:04 PM
    Storm 1 vs iphone was a lot more fun
    04-20-13 08:12 PM
    Storm 1 vs iphone was a lot more fun
    I had the Storm 2. I'm one of the three people in the world who liked it, I think. I even liked the touch keypad.
    SlcCorrado and JeepBB like this.
    04-20-13 08:18 PM
    I totally understand the OP's frustrations. One part is the OS version that you're using. Also, you just have to understand that there are duds. Not just with Blackberry, not just with cellphones, but everything. Whenever you have something that is mass produced, not everything is going to be 100% the same. If you produce 5,000,000 of widgets a year, even if .01% of those are duds, you still have 500 unhappy people which is a lot if you don't know the context..

--On target, low variation.

It's not easy. That's why there's so much money in quality control. Sorry you got a dud, but it's not fair to go on a forum stating that the Z10 has problems when YOUR phone does. Acknowledge your dud, and keep it moving
    04-20-13 08:18 PM
    I had the Storm 2. I'm one of the three people in the world who liked it, I think. I even liked the touch keypad.
    I still have a storm 2, actually was a pretty darn good phone, took a while to adjust to the 9850 and it's track pad.
    04-20-13 08:24 PM
    I totally understand the OP's frustrations. One part is the OS version that you're using. Also, you just have to understand that there are duds. Not just with Blackberry, not just with cellphones, but everything. Whenever you have something that is mass produced, not everything is going to be 100% the same. If you produce 5,000,000 of widgets a year, even if .01% of those are duds, you still have 500 unhappy people which is a lot if you don't know the context..

--On target, low variation.

It's not easy. That's why there's so much money in quality control. Sorry you got a dud, but it's not fair to go on a forum stating that the Z10 has problems when YOUR phone does. Acknowledge your dud, and keep it moving
    Not just a dud. Lots and lots of duds, mostly with the same problem. And the people returning the phones for an exchange often if not nearly always seem to get replacements with the same problem. That's not a dud, that's a systemic problem. It may be carrier specific. It may be related to a batch. But whatever it is. it's not random problems happening. They are overwhelmingly the SAME problem.

So, why are some people having many phones with identical problems and many with no problems at all? Who knows. But I'm sure BB will sort it out. They better hurry though. They have a market to catch up to.
    Davidro1, ihys and JeepBB like this.
    04-20-13 08:27 PM
    Well said. Agree with you 100%.

Boy, THIS was predictable. Here's the thing. Some people are having problems. Anyone who answers that by saying "Well, MY phone isn't having problems" is being something of a jerl by implying that the OP is somehow wrong. The points here are; Some people ARE having problems. You simply cannot deny it. Second the problems being had are NOT minor. BB is supposed to be the business phone. Business phones do not reboot out of the blue. Mine did and so do many others. Third, QNX is NOT a new platform. It's been around since the 80s and it's designed to handle misbehaving apps gracefully. While I doubt it's an app problem since mine did it with no apps installed, the root cause of the problem for the purposes of this forum are irrelevant. What IS relevant is that believe it or not there is a subset of BB users with NON-minor issues and, also believe it or not, pretty much ALL of us were every bit as excited as YOU, the person with the non-malfunctioning phone, to get ours. Our disappointment is understandable and not helped in the least by being disbelieved and sneered at by those who think we are iOS shills or paid repos for Google or whatever other fantasies your minds can think up.

BB - get it together and FIX this BLOODY phone! I want a Z10 and I want one I can rely on as much as I can an iPhone or and Android phone. DON'T tell me to get an iPhone or an Android phone. I KNOW I can do that. But I want a Z10, not another boring iPhone or the same old Android, and I cannot accept a broken one.

When the old OS phones got balkier and balkier, people left the platform. OS7 was a big improvement but still needed battery pulls. BB never did rescue that platform and they ended up in massive trouble because of it. The phones were beautiful - there is still nothing on the market as gorgeous as a 9930. But their peculiarities got to the point that they drove away their customer base and it was disastrous for BB. They cannot afford a flaky OS. Not now. So the problems which exist are not problems that should be defended. You are not doing anyone any good by denying them, and if BB ignores them they will die and YOU, Mr. I Have A Perfect Z10, will be out of luck.
    04-20-13 08:28 PM
395 ... 1112131415 ...