Will someone please put a stake through the heart of this pathetic thread?
    04-20-13 12:58 PM
    You do realize you're comparing an OS that was just released a couple months ago to OSs that have been on the market for years?

Let me put it another way. Have you ever filed your income tax or any homework assignment in a mad rush without making a mistake?
    04-20-13 01:00 PM
    Yes blackberry I feel dropped the ball on the z10 release for a product to be delayed multiple times with so much anticipation from it's core user group which it's needs to generate buzz for the phone it should have been released flawlessly. On my second z10 device it still reboots even at idle I've learned to deal with it because it happens very little and I don't want a refurbished device so ill stick to this one hoping for some updates soon and yes I'm on Verizon so half the blame goes to them.

With all this being said the reason apples iphones don't have many problems upon release is because besides siri the operating system has been the same since the first iphone that's why I never had the guts to purchase one because they are just so boring while the design is second to none and the camera is superior it is a simple minded phone that can be used by all ages 4-94 lol that's why it has mass appeal give a kid a z10 and they probably won't even know how to turn it on using gestures without a tutorial and that's why I always loved blackberry phones they are marketed to business professionals in all fields young and old.
    04-20-13 01:02 PM
    Yes blackberry I feel dropped the ball on the z10 release for a product to be delayed multiple times with so much anticipation from it's core user group which it's needs to generate buzz for the phone it should have been released flawlessly. On my second z10 device it still reboots even at idle I've learned to deal with it because it happens very little and I don't want a refurbished device so ill stick to this one hoping for some updates soon and yes I'm on Verizon so half the blame goes to them.

With all this being said the reason apples iphones don't have many problems upon release is because besides siri the operating system has been the same since the first iphone that's why I never had the guts to purchase one because they are just so boring while the design is second to none and the camera is superior it is a simple minded phone that can be used by all ages 4-94 lol that's why it has mass appeal give a kid a z10 and they probably won't even know how to turn it on using gestures without a tutorial and that's why I always loved blackberry phones they are marketing to business professionals in all fields young and old.
    Actually all phones have problems when released even the iphones and nothing will ever be flawless so that shouldn't have been anyone's expectation even with the delays.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:04 PM
    You do realize you're comparing an OS that was just released a couple months ago to OSs that have been on the market for years?

Let me put it another way. Have you ever filed your income tax or any homework assignment in a mad rush without making a mistake?
    yeah but that wouldn't make it the teacher's problem.
    04-20-13 01:12 PM
    yeah but that wouldn't make it the teacher's problem.
    who's the teacher in this metaphor?
    04-20-13 01:24 PM

Fair point, but folks will be a bit critical if it is perceived that one got two extra years to get the assignment done.
    04-20-13 01:27 PM
    Fair point, but folks will be a bit critical if it is perceived that one got two extra years to get the assignment done.
    True but don't forget the ones working on the assignment for 4 years or more still haven't got it right either.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:31 PM
    who's the teacher in this metaphor?
    me. the consumer. the one who is recieving the product and obviously the one who will evaluate it. As a teacher, it is not my problem if the assignment was written in the middle of a thunderstorm or in -30 degree weather, I will judge it in comparison to the work of other students. Likewise, as a smartphone consumer, I will judge it and compare it to similar products in the field. I don't give a **** if BlackBerry had problems to overcome (which they had put themselves in in the first place). If you are gonna sell a ****ty device that doesn't work at all times, then don't sell it at a premium price and advertise it as "flawless", my Z10 hardly "keeps me moving" in fact, it slows me the **** down when I have to wait for it to reboot multiple times a day.
    DNRuffin and JeepBB like this.
    04-20-13 01:36 PM
    me. the consumer. the one who is recieving the product and obviously the one who will evaluate it. As a teacher, it is not my problem if the assignment was written in the middle of a thunderstorm or in -30 degree weather, I will judge it in comparison to the work of other students. Likewise, as a smartphone consumer, I will judge it and compare it to similar products in the field. I don't give a **** if BlackBerry had problems to overcome (which they had put themselves in in the first place). If you are gonna sell a ****ty device that doesn't work at all times, then don't sell it at a premium price and advertise it as "flawless", my Z10 hardly "keeps me moving" in fact, it slows me the **** down when I have to wait for it to reboot multiple times a day.
    Teachers don't usually have the option to forget about a student who's work they aren't impressed with. The consumer on the other hand can go buy a different phone if they don't like it. Better yet, do their research first.

Posted via CB10
    fragment137 likes this.
    04-20-13 01:47 PM
    Teachers don't usually have the option to forget about a student who's work they aren't impressed with. The consumer on the other hand can go buy a different phone if they don't like it. Better yet, do their research first.

Posted via CB10
    no, justifiyng your bs
    04-20-13 01:53 PM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was much better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    You absolutely smacked the nail on the head with this!!
    I mentioned something about this in an earlier post once, about as much as I love blackberry they bring all these problems on themselves.
    I remember when there were pictures released of Thor at basketball game I think with a Z10 before release and they were seen to be taking pictures. What I don�t understand is for the life of me is when they took those pictures what part of anyone at Blackberry thought the camera is decent enough to be released and then when the phone is released there was an issue with people saying when taking camera shots in certain lights the pictures aren�t that good and then an update is released to improve this. Why weren�t things like this picked up before release? I�ve read on numerous sites and compared camera shots from the Z10 to say S3, Lumia and I phone and they still aren�t as good compared to these phones (even after the upgrade) so ask the question what on earth were they thinking when they gave it the green light. All these minor flaws should have been picked up before release and that is a fact.
    Don�t forget this phone was delayed by a year so when it landed it would be pretty much flawless.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-20-13 01:54 PM
    no, justifiyng your bs
    I'm stating a fact. You are the one who seems to need justification

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-20-13 01:54 PM
    They know there is an issue... I ask anyone in this thread with any software/programming background... how easy is it REALLY to fix an issue like this? Is it fair to say that if it were that easy, that a fix would have been deployed ASAP?
    The difficulty is mostly finding the cause of the problem, these seemingly random issues are normally caused by race conditions that are very difficult to reproduce, making the diagnosis really hard.

For example, one os could be restarting due to an app not being fastly enough due to processor load and this app consuming all free memory. Or an procedure that almost always works due to a programming error, something like doing & vs && in logical comparisons.

What I find interesting is how the people at crackberry have left aside the 'QNX is rock solid and cannot crash argument due to it being microkernel', since the restart issue started appearing.

Furthermore, I could be a bad lot of RAM chips or processor cores, that would also lead to the restarting randomly behaviour. Maybe Blackberry is not willing to recall the phones until they have gathered which phones could have the defective electronics inside.
    h20work, Davidro1 and JeepBB like this.
    04-20-13 02:06 PM
    I disagree. There's nothing really "new" about the smartphone industry. They added software features, but the technology has been around forever now. Elementary issues that are known to the Z10 now simply should not happen. It's like purchasing a TV and automatically turns off, nobody cares that it is the first Toshiba GK3948, don't sell me a TV with issues PERIOD.
    You make a lot of sense. I don't know why something with buggy software in it is allowed to be sold and not get raked across the coals because of it. you're right, press the power button on a tv, it turns on. press it again, it turns off. no surprises. Books written with typos get reprinted. toasters that dont toast get sold at dollarama. I don't know why software companies get away with shoddy craftsmanship.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-20-13 02:07 PM
    What I find interesting is how the people at crackberry have left aside the 'QNX is rock solid and cannot crash argument due to it being microkernel', since the restart issue started appearing.
    ya, i noticed this too.
    h20work likes this.
    04-20-13 02:09 PM
    Hopefully mods will close this soon... going nowhere fast!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:11 PM
    It's flawless to those that get a normal device with no bugs or issues. That's what they are referring to, they didn't count on the phones that will have issues especially when many of the issues are carrier related.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:12 PM
    Agree with everything you said.
    Ditto that.
    04-20-13 02:25 PM
    Its a brand new OS. Give it time and the MINOR problems will work themselves out. Even with the minor problems BlackBerry is still head and shoulders above the competition. If you don't like the phone go get a phone you do like. I have a Samsung bluray player that sucks balls but I don't go to the Samsung forums and tell the users that I'm mad. I just go buy a new machine and move on.

Posted via CB10
    brout and xBURK like this.
    04-20-13 02:27 PM
    Stop it, BlackSheep.

OP, while you are frustrated, the fact is that these phones are being mass produced by people who are basically slave labor. EACH phone make has issues out of the can. Yes, you should hold BlackBerry accountable. There is a correlation of random restarts to Verizon but the important thing to note is that NOT ALL devices reboot. There are either batches being made incorrectly by said slave laborers or a certain batch of components used in the phone are broken. We don't know. My sympathies and while BlackBerry can't oversee every. single. device. they are the ones ultimately responsible. I don't know how much you should blame them but they take responsibility, it is their product.
    I think more than a few people would take offense to the fact that you are calling the factory workers "slaves". They most certainly are not. And I disagree with rest of your post as well.
    ray689 likes this.
    04-20-13 02:28 PM
    Totally agree. The entire "BB10 is a brand new OS" excuse is completely bogus. The fact of the matter is that BlackBerry had years to research and plan. To compare BB10 to the first generation iPhone is a complete joke which has zero credibility. Imagine Samsung making the same excuses for their devices like it was somehow okay to put out a half-assed device because it is a brand new OS.

I'm thrilled that BlackBerry has apparently fixed a bunch of issues with BlackBerry 10.1. Too bad it wasn't right the first time. Hopefully 10.1 fixes the issues so many have identified and that it will spur if the needed level of enthusiasm to get the app deficit under control.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:33 PM
    I love my #z10 even though I have had a handful of random reboots. Ita still better than having a lame home button and no hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:38 PM
    I don't know why people are mad at the OP when he is just stating his problems and would like them to be fixed or his money back. When I had my BlackBerry, I had nothing but problems as well. The Bluetooth quit working, the keyboard's keys started sticking, it was infinitely rebooting all throughout the day, and the signal was degrading. It was my 3rd BlackBerry of that model so I know it wasn't just a bad phone. When I was hoping it would be resolved with an OS update (from 4.6 to 5.0) RIM/BlackBerry said they decided that they wouldn't be updating my specific phone model and were only updating the Bold and Curve devices. It is unacceptable and it's the reason why I left RIM/BlackBerry for the iPhone, iPad, and Galaxy S III. They all just work, and I don't have to hope for basic functionality issues to be fixed - they will. The same unfortunately cannot be said about BlackBerry.
    04-20-13 02:39 PM
    The new devices are nothing like Os 5 Os 6 your arguments are not relevant if you're comparing legacy devices to the latest from the competitors. Nobody is mad at the op but people who are happy and loving their BlackBerry are tired of the disinformation being spread about the Z10 which may turn away potential customers.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:50 PM
395 ... 910111213 ...