Yes, that's understandable. Things happen and updates are essential. Recalls happen all the time in many types of industries, but the excuse is lame for some of these issues. If I phone released a new phone tomorrow with no antenna, saying it's the first phone of its kind won't make the issue any less stupid. We'd all be sitting here laughing and shaking our heads for a device being released in 2013 with no antenna. Just like if someone sent you a fridge with no cooling system, you'd be wondering how the he'll that happened...it's a fridge!

I'm saying electronics can go to crap at any time but some things are just not justified by using this excuse (it's a first)

Posted from my ZED10
    Seriously, you're equating os bugs with a fridge that doesn't have a cooling system? That would not make it a fridge. This is still a smart phone and a very good one at that.

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-20-13 10:52 AM
    Woke up to yet another reboot and carrier refuse to replace 35 days after purchase. **** the day I decided to get another BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Wow that sucks on the replace side. Who's your carrier?

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-20-13 10:53 AM
    This issue has been soooo over flogged, this is clearly not a general issue, there are thousands who are genuinely happy with their devices no issues whatsoever. Point of correction, the first iPhone was a piece of crud, I was one of the unlucky ones to buy into the hype and bought it days after it came out. I was coming from several lines of windows mobile phones, I remember something that really bothered me, you couldn't forward a text message except you installed a 3rd party app on the first iPhone, something that could be done with ease with symbian phones back then! Apple eventually did correct this with future updates, so yes new OS's will ultimately have to evolve, anything new has to go through the process of evolution.....
    fragment137 and seacan2 like this.
    04-20-13 10:57 AM
    Seriously, you're equating os bugs with a fridge that doesn't have a cooling system? That would not make it a fridge. This is still a smart phone and a very good one at that.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously are some of us being obtuse on purpose? I'm trying to make a small and very clear point. And it seems to be going over a few ppl's head. Again. Back to the I phone example...Let's stick with smartphones since any other type of product is too confusing as far as this type of comparison us concerned. I phone releases a new device tomorrow. They forget to put an antenna. Is that acceptable in this day and age? Being that it's a "First" and all, by some people's logic on here, we should be Ok with that. However, I'm confident almost every person on here would crucify them for it and would forgo the entire defense with a laugh. Makes sense?

My BlackBerry doesn't have many issues for me to complain about, but let's be sensible as well.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-20-13 11:06 AM
    Seriously are some of us being obtuse on purpose? I'm trying to make a small and very clear point. And it seems to be going over a few ppl's head. Again. Back to the I phone example...Let's stick with smartphones since any other type of product is too confusing as far as this type of comparison us concerned. I phone releases a new device tomorrow. They forget to put an antenna. Is that acceptable in this day and age? Being that it's a "First" and all, by some people's logic on here, we should be Ok with that. However, I'm confident almost every person on here would crucify them for it and would forgo the entire defense with a laugh. Makes sense?

My BlackBerry doesn't have many issues for me to complain about, but let's be sensible as well.

Posted from my ZED10
    You are correct and Apple has released phones with issues every single time they release a phone so what is your point?

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-20-13 11:14 AM
    It's a first generation OS. LOL. you mad bro? my z10 NEVER reboots, is NEVER slow, ALWAYS works. who is this guy?
    Spawn12 and seacan2 like this.
    04-20-13 11:14 AM
    there are no issues with your z10, except you
    seacan2 and anon(4275744) like this.
    04-20-13 11:15 AM
    It's so funny, my mother is complaining about her new IPhone5 doing the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-20-13 11:21 AM
    You are correct and Apple has released phones with issues every single time they release a phone so what is your point?

Posted via CB10
    The point is that the op is right to an extent. The excuse is already old and the phone has barely been out. We would not excuse apple for releasing a batch that restarts multiple times daily. Not in this day in age of the smartphone world. Let's take the same approach with our own beloved devices and rightfully expect what we paid for without reciting the same excuse, which frankly, holds little weight.

Anyway, I'm hoping this gets fixed for the substantial number of users experiencing issues.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-20-13 11:22 AM
    The point is that the op is right to an extent. The excuse is already old and the phone has barely been out. We would not excuse apple for releasing a batch that restarts multiple times daily. Not in this day in age of the smartphone world. Let's take the same approach with our own beloved devices and rightfully expect what we paid for without reciting the same excuse, which frankly, holds little weight.

Anyway, I'm hoping this gets fixed for the substantial number of users experiencing issues.

Posted from my ZED10
    If you look at Apple forums then you will see that they did release phones with this issue. The argument people are making is that it still happens with a 6th generation phone so why would they expect different from a first generation? And I agree, I hope it gets fixed soon as well although it's starting to look like a Verizon issue judging from these threads.

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-20-13 11:28 AM
    I would be interested in knowing what the actual percentage of people is who are getting the rebooting problem.
    04-20-13 11:31 AM
    Yes... the reality is that all systems, regardless of maturity, tend to bug out, especially at introduction. This is why I refuse to pay to essentially beta test (tongue in cheek) first run hardware/software.

Now, here is why I think it is folly for BBRY to use it as an excuse: they have much more to lose. The others platforms can get away with shoddy workmanship, but with what BBRY is trying to accomplish, the closer it gets to a flawless product, the better. Consumers don't care about reality.

I suspect the rebooting issue is a regional manufacturing one, but BBRY will always be left holding the bag, fair or not.
    pantlesspenguin and JeepBB like this.
    04-20-13 11:32 AM

Posted from my ZED10
    Difference with Apple and android is that they have used the exact same OS for years, the same exact thing just with added features and functionality and apps, they haven't recoded anything they wouldn't dare make a whole new OS because they know very well what it takes and the many issues that would arise.

Posted via CB10
    Enyigma likes this.
    04-20-13 11:38 AM
    no issues here with mine and I'm with Bell .
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-20-13 11:41 AM
    My company has 128 Z10's in circulation. Not one issue with restarts. Hmmmmm

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 and NaijaBerry like this.
    04-20-13 11:47 AM
    To OP: why shouldn't people give BlackBerry a bit of an out. They developed a brand new os in 2 years. Apple took 3 to develop iOS 1 and it didn't have copy/ paste or even apps.

10.1 will be out in a few short weeks. I am pretty confident that this will solve most issues. Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:58 AM
    you have a right to be upset if its giving you issues... but come on, how long have cars been around, they break down all the time..... everything, will always have issues, because the more computer based the system becomes the more problems...
    04-20-13 11:58 AM
    Difference with Apple and android is that they have used the exact same OS for years, the same exact thing just with added features and functionality and apps, they haven't recoded anything they wouldn't dare make a whole new OS because they know very well what it takes and the many issues that would arise.

Posted via CB10
    But put things into perspective, BB had to do this, if they had a more viable choice they wouldn�t have chosen to do this. iOS as boring as some claim it is, is extremely solid and powerful though Apple choses to restrict it but changes can be made to the existing framework quite easily, the same for Android. So no, they wouldn�t care to make a whole new OS, nor would they need to. So BB having their particular needs in mind needs to find a way to minimise the teething problems, because only we are fanboys tend to be sympathetic to budding platforms (I was a major WebOS fanboy) and that does little in the grand scheme of things.
    04-20-13 12:00 PM
    Thank you, one of few people on here with reason and who is not a blind follower. Simply take responsibility for your broken product. Also, I'm not on Verizon or even in the U.S. I have so far tried two different Z10s from two different Canadian carriers - exactly the same issue on both.
    I'm sorry, but you go to CB not expecting a majority of the users to be "blind followers", I realize your new here, but come on...
    04-20-13 12:03 PM
    Actually this my second BlackBerry in years bro, my first was the world edition years ago which I used for a few months, after that it was android, and I snagged the z10 a week ago.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:03 PM
    There's a few blind followers, but we recognize the issues there's plenty of posts about them. A Lot of us don't have issues however like me for example so there's no "Blind following There", we fortunately happened to have received a perfect phone with no issues I wish it was the same for everybody but it never will be. All that can be done is to be patient and wait for the updates.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:06 PM
    Even a mature phone like the iPhone does have issues that do get corrected by updates or recalls. There was the iPhone a couple of years ago that had to have special cases given out for free that boosted the antennae signals or held in a special way otherwise calls would drop, battery drain issues corrected by updates and the security issues also corrected by updates. These things happen even to more established phones. My brother-in-law had to dump his iP5 because it kept on dropping calls, my brothers iP5 works just dandy, so its not about making excuses, it happens whether old or new.
    04-20-13 12:07 PM
    I feel sorry for those that have problems with their platforms. No excuse, needs to be fixed, replaced or returned.

But, point out to me a platform that doesn't have problems for some, and if you did, I would call you out and say, you are a liar.

We are here to help, but trouncing the platform doesn't help anyone else on here and I right?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:47 PM
    OP, If it makes you feel better here's one for you.

Another Honda recall: Over 225,000 SUV's and minivans affected - Apr. 19, 2013

Honda has been around for you know what, decades. It is now 2013 and still suffer thru these problems despite the fact that they have sold millions of cars out there. They have the manufacturing experience and always deliver reliable cars.

It's not that Honda cars have some super extra capabilities that others don't have, yet is suffering from these common problems.
    My car is probably in the recall list, ( still have to verify ) but am not returning it because I just love my Honda's ( Acura's to be exact. ). Besides after racking up the mileage....

I feel for you and I hope your problem gets resolved.

It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was better better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 04-20-13 at 01:03 PM.
    04-20-13 12:49 PM
    If you do not want bugs... do not be an early adopter.... challenge the OP to show me a first generation OS that has been released that is not buggy.... Heck show me any updated OS that has not been buggy.....OP seems to have a total lack of understanding of how complicated new OS's are... Heck Apple cannot get the bugs out of updates to their current OS which is in 6th revision... funny the OP does not seem to hold other OS platforms to the same standard...... talk about unrealistic expectations...I will be sure to switch over the latest bug free OS and smartphone when the OP posts where I can buy one.... perfection simply does not exist.... except maybe Crackberry.com......
    04-20-13 12:55 PM
395 ... 89101112 ...