Speak for yourself, but not for all.
    Not everyone is having the problems you describe so stop speaking for everyone. For everyone of you who hate their device, there are thousands of others who love it so please close the door on your way out...
    Think Apple is impervious to problems?
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    Posted via CB10
    While my BlackBerry Z10 has never randomly rebooted, I understand the frustration experienced by more than a few users. After reading multiple threads about the issue there seems to be concensus regarding the liklihood the random rebooting is hardware related rather than software related.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-20-13 01:55 AM
    If it doesn't suit your needs take it back but you will find issues with every system. Anybody who says otherwise is bull****ting you.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    russworman likes this.
    04-20-13 01:57 AM
    There was a time when apple was almost bankrupt about 13 or so years ago. So I guess s**t in the past doesn't always = s**t in the future.

Posted via CB10
    Apple's near bankruptcy was the result of antitrust violations in the fledgling personal computer industry, not inferior products. Another company severely harmed but Microsoft's illegal business practices was Commodore Business Machines; the Commodore Amiga was more powerful and easier to use than the computers of the day from Apple and Microsoft - true multitasking, graphical user interface with a command line shell available, etc.

JeepBB likes this.
    04-20-13 02:04 AM
    The reason that people without problems are unwanted is because they seem to undermine the significance of the problems that people are having which are extremely frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    Ask a question as opposed to just bashing and comparing to other products and better responses and maybe even help is possible instead of a thread like this which hasn't accomplished anything.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    04-20-13 02:10 AM
    I really dont get it why reboot is such a big deal? So what if need reboot (occasionally)? My iphone and ipad need reboots, my previous bbs like 9700 9900 need reboot ocassionally, my windows need reboot, so what?

Whether the gadget works or not, it is up to the person who uses it. You can make it work if you want to learn!

Z10 is not perfect but none is.
    04-20-13 02:15 AM
    Apple's near bankruptcy was the result of antitrust violations in the fledgling personal computer industry, not inferior products. Another company severely harmed but Microsoft's illegal business practices was Commodore Business Machines; the Commodore Amiga was more powerful and easier to use than the computers of the day from Apple and Microsoft - true multitasking, graphical user interface with a command line shell available, etc.

Well... what caused Apple to nearly go into bankruptcy can be spun any which way depending on what side you are on.

But there are certain things that is history, and you can make your own conclusion from it:

-Apple had 12 years of loss before the crisis which saw then CEO Gil Amelio ousted with Steve Job being the replacement
    -Steve's first move was major restructuring of the company which included a 5 year partnership with Microsoft
    -Microsoft handed over $150 million to Apple
    -Steve canceled some expensive projects that was just sucking too much money from what was perceived to be a dying company
    -Steve made it clear that spending tons of money to try and beat Microsoft was not working and that they should concentrate on just making good products. He did a good job there.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-20-13 02:25 AM
    Well... what caused Apple to nearly go into bankruptcy can be spun any which way depending on what side you are on.

But there are certain things that is history, and you can make your own conclusion from it:

-Apple had 12 years of loss before the crisis which saw then CEO Gil Amelio ousted with Steve Job being the replacement
    -Steve's first move was major restructuring of the company which included a 5 year partnership with Microsoft
    -Microsoft handed over $150 million to Apple
    -Steve canceled some expensive projects that was just sucking too much money from what was perceived to be a dying company
    -Steve made it clear that spending tons of money to try and beat Microsoft was not working and that they should concentrate on just making good products. He did a good job there.
    You are correct and let's hope blackberry is on the same track.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:27 AM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was better better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    Yes. Remember this device was delayed for years to get it "right". It's far from right.
    blueberrymerry and JeepBB like this.
    04-20-13 02:31 AM
    Why not? Microslosh has been making windows for 25(?) years, and they still cant get a smooth product going. Far as I see it, my near perfect z10 is still running better than the androids/iphones that my coworkers bring to me every day. Sure, some will glitch. It's the nature of how things work. but to have the audacity to post (what comes across as) "My phone did one thing that I dont like, and because I see other people (on a community site where people go for help) having the same problem, it must be all blackberry phones and this is unacceptable." is bordering on idiotic.

...and not to throw salt, but how did that fourth generation iphone work when you 'held it wrong?' I'm sure that was endlessly frustrating to those involved. Apple couldnt get it right on the fourth try.

Or how about those exchange servers? I'm assuming they've got that all hammered out by now. Could you imagine the backlash blackberry would receive if their phones were taking down corporate email servers because they couldnt be compliant. If I remember correctly, that was the sixth version of ios, running on the fifth version of their phone.

So how did apply justify those royal eff ups? Maybe we should use that excuse instead. **** happens, nothing is perfect, relax a bit.
    Last edited by RoboticGolem; 04-20-13 at 03:02 AM. Reason: grammar bad man
    critanime, R Field and web99 like this.
    04-20-13 02:58 AM
    Nothing is perfect you don't like the phone return it. Not everyone is having issues and it is a first gen device. I have family members who have problems on there android and it's on its 4.0 version and 1837372828474 gen phone.

So don't take this personally when I say, shut up!

Posted via CB10
    Does anyone actually understand the difference between there and their anymore?

Mike posted via CB10
    h20work and JeepBB like this.
    04-20-13 03:04 AM
    So, anybody with random rebooting issues tried a new Battery yet? My initial battery has an issue where it doesn't quite sit in the cavity correctly (its too small, only slightly though) what happens is when it's in my pocket.. etc, the phone reboots due to force (and I can replicate this by putting the phone down on a table with small force) .

After fitting the new battery that came with my battery bundle. The problems went away.

Is it valid to start threads about problems with the Z10, absolutely! However, this isn't an official blackberry site. While this site "May" get read by BlackBerry staff, and while we try and help people where we can, you're more likely to get a response speaking to BlackBerry directly. Either via their support forums, through your carrier or by calling BlackBerry directly.

I've provided a possible solution. If you're having problems. Please give it a try and report back!

Posted via CB10
    RoboticGolem, zocster and R Field like this.
    04-20-13 03:14 AM
    That's my issue. You're saying nobody can post positive experiences. Return it already. You know good ones exist in larger numbers. Just stop yourself.

Posted via CB10
    Actually the op isn't saying that at all, your interpretation is very unsound.

Mike posted via CB10
    04-20-13 03:20 AM
    I don't have an issue with users venting their frustration towards this major issue. I really don't, and anyone who does have an issue with those sort of posts shouldn't add more fuel to the fire. After all, these users spent their hard earned money for this device and they at the very least don't expect it to reboot every other day; it's not acceptable.

However, what I really have an issue is the need to start ( yet another) reboot thread, just titled differently. Just do a search with "reboot" or "reboots" and see how many active threads we have concerning this topic. I don't understand why the OP couldn't vent his frustration in one of those threads instead of opening another thread. Also, have read most of those of those threads and I remember the majority were voicing their "first generation" argument for missing features and other bugs, but NOT the reboot issue.
    04-20-13 04:16 AM
    Dude. The first and even 2nd iphone was crud. Google is your friend. You'll find reviews that make the BlackBerry look godly in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 04:20 AM
    You can't be loved by everyone, impossible, but you can be loved by the majority, that's what count.

So if you need help ask for it, it you don't like the phone it's your opinion, it will not change our opinion.

Wow, what a useless post I did there ;p but hey, people love useless post it seem
    04-20-13 04:50 AM
    Guys, the point is, we all know and understand that devices --hell, anything man made -- can and will have issues, but some things are not acceptable, especially when it's a variation of something that has been around for many years (mobile devices).

Just as I said earlier and some of you mentioned regarding cars/vehicles: I don't expect a 2014 new Honda, first of its kind to be plagued with brake issues, for example. And if it is, I don't suspect a defense like 'it's the first one' is a decent or acceptable one. It's bull*hit actually. If someone told me to take a vacation on a new plane built by Air Canada (what a privilege) and it crashes, do you think it's fine to say sh*t happens because it's brand New!?! Hell no (extreme example, i know). And that's ultimately the point of this whole thread. Errors will occur but some are simply NOT acceptable in this day an age with regards to a smartphone.

Posted from my ZED10
    In total agreement.

Mike posted via CB10
    04-20-13 05:03 AM
    For a first generation device theZ10 is stunning. Hell its a stunning device even when not considered a first gen device e. This just makes me think of another recent thread. The Z10 is far from being the only phone with bugs still in it.

I have yet to see mine randomly reboot or really do anything that I haven't told it to

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-20-13 05:17 AM
    I don't expect a 2014 new Honda, first of its kind to be plagued with brake issues, for example.

Posted from my ZED10
    Nice sentiment, but I guess you don't get out much. Honda, Toyota and Nissan are recalling 1.7 million cars for airbags which were defective FROM NEW. In 2010 BMW recalled 200k cars which had defective brakes FROM NEW And my all-time favorite: Subaru recalls Crosstrek vehicles from 2013, dubbed "Zombie Cars" since they will start up by themselves. 2013 is new. If you do a casual search you will find recalls for hundreds of thousands of vehicles, model year, 2013.

Then of course, there was the "threatened" iPhone 4 recall: "In the wake of Consumer Reports announcing that it would not be recommending the iPhone 4 due to the much-discussed antenna problems, there have been calls for Apple to recall the device..." Analyst: iPhone 4 recall would cost $1.5 billion | Circuit Breaker - CNET News

Are we done with this utterly stupid, Zombie Thread?

ps - my Z10 has been flawless.
    04-20-13 05:29 AM
    I disagree. There's nothing really "new" about the smartphone industry. They added sossusftware features, but the technology has been around forever now. Elementary issues that are known to the Z10 now simply should not happen. It's like purchasing a TV and automatically turns off, nobody cares that it is the first Toshiba GK3948, don't sell me a TV with issues PERIOD.
    There will be issues. I do not think that you comprehend how complex os is. Literally millions of lines of code.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    04-20-13 05:36 AM
    Your so blinded by your love of the brand that you think its ok to sell a product with defects? Your the abused house wife who refuses to press charges. As much as I want the Z10 to be the iphone killer, I just can't support blindly watching the masses drop anywhere from $99 (Amazon)- $599 (Tmobile) for possibly defective product. BB where are the QA engineers?
    By the same argument above, it seems Apple is selling defective products seeing as there are users with the same Reboot issues.
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 05:45 AM
    Lets face it, some are having major issues and others are not!!! Its not a perfect phone, but its the best one they have ever made.
    04-20-13 07:18 AM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was better better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    Early adopters can expect issues. Apple had issues in its beginning, the difference is that the device was really primitive in its functions. It was revolutionary in the market for its browser, design, and implementation, but its functionalities were primitive; as a result, wisely, there was room to come in and add with subsequent releases.

The Z10 is a much more complex device.

That said, Thor said the device was delayed so that they could get it right. I don't believe they did, I believe there were intricacies in coding that delayed release.

Additionally, the reboots so many of us are experiencing, including me, are a royal pain in the patootie. They should have got that right. However, the AT&T release did fix the freezing for me. So I wait (im)patiently for further fixes and for added functionalities.

And.....contrary to certain militant screaming complainers, my messaging experience is perfect and the loss of BIS is not a big deal to me.
    04-20-13 07:26 AM
    Your so blinded by your love of the brand that you think its ok to sell a product with defects? Your the abused house wife who refuses to press charges. As much as I want the Z10 to be the iphone killer, I just can't support blindly watching the masses drop anywhere from $99 (Amazon)- $599 (Tmobile) for possibly defective product. BB where are the QA engineers?
    D is usually balanced and respectful of different viewpoints. I don't think his current point is without merit.

I think positive feedback can be helpful to isolate the source of bugs.
    grover5 likes this.
    04-20-13 07:50 AM
    I had my phone for a month now, and i didn't restart it yet! It's still on the same load since day 1... didn't let the battery run out.. so yeah I'm really still on the first software load.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 07:53 AM
    You obviously know nothing about the marriage of hardware and software. It doesn't matter what the year is and whether or not there is similar hardware and other OS's on the market.

When something is first generation, there will be issues. With your argument, there should never be any software releases to your computer, right? Why do you think there are Service Packs for Windows and we are up to OS 10.8.x on Macs? Computing hardware has been around since the early 80's!

The integration of hardware with software to run it can be tested up the wazoo and can be seemingly be perfect until you introduce 3rd party programs to run in that environment. The possible combinations of software combinations at that point become limitless... Issues are bound to pop up and will be addressed.

Posted via CB10/Verizon Z10
    04-20-13 08:03 AM
395 ... 678910 ...