No it isn't. It's offensive. It's an offensive analogy. If you spend years being beaten by the person you are committed to and feel that is the same as buying a defective product..I can't help you but I understand why we disagree. We have different realities.

Posted via CB10
    True! different realities indeed, mine is truth and your is in Waterloo. If you've had enough blackberries then you have put up with abuses over the years, in the form of not enough RAM, under powered batties, spontaneous reboots, frozen lock screens, free spinning track wheels, dirty track balls, unresponsive track pads, lack of apps, over pricing, and now denial. But how do we faithful respond to the promises of OS 7, OS 2.0 and OS 10.1? We submitt to the promises and we shell out more cash, only to be stuck with 2 32GB PB's that are no more than $1300US web browsers and a Z10 with none of the most popular apps. We don't hold BB accountable or leave for another phone maker, we just make excuses and call doubters trolls
    h20work, angad7.10, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    04-20-13 01:03 AM
    Lock screen hack anyone?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    You should change your name to L field since you pulled that out of no where
    04-20-13 01:04 AM
    True! different realities indeed, mine is truth and your is in Waterloo. If you've had enough blackberries then you have put up with abuses over the years, in the form of not enough RAM, under powered batties, spontaneous reboots, frozen lock screens, free spinning track wheels, dirty track balls, unresponsive track pads, lack of apps, over pricing, and now denial. But how do we faithful respond to the promises of OS 7, OS 2.0 and OS 10.1? We submitt to the promises and we shell out more cash, only to be stuck with 2 32GB PB's that are no more than $1300US web browsers and a Z10 with none of the most popular apps. We don't hold BB accountable or leave for another phone maker, we just make excuses and call doubters trolls
    Ouch, truth hurts... As I'm replying from my 64gb pb web browser.
    04-20-13 01:07 AM
    Airplane crashes, brakes failing. Really? It's a phone. Just a phone. It's not an insulin pump or a pacemaker. LOL. How about we all go have a tea and play a game of smileys pop.
    Heh, don't know why your post got me to remembering.

But even before BLackBerry talked about QNX, When OS/2 was still being lauded(if anyone remembers) I was hearing how QNX built rock solid kernels for the medical establishment. Check out the list of medical devices: Medical

Fun Fact: The computer used to get man to the moon and back was probably 16X less powerful then my 386 back in the day. Scary stuff.
    04-20-13 01:08 AM
    Don't you own a blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    04-20-13 01:08 AM
    iPhones explode in people's pockets all the time, google it.
    That's reason enough not to buy it. Thanks for the tip but what now about the rebooting Z10? Do I leave the relative safety of OS7 and the 9900 for a possibly defective phone? I'm counting on the honest opinions of you all! My crackberry brethern.
    04-20-13 01:09 AM
    I have a 9320 for pure work related, so it gets turned off at beer o'clock. Z10 takes over after that.

That's reason enough not to buy it. Thanks for the tip but what now about the rebooting Z10? Do I leave the relative safety of OS7 and the 9900 for a possibly defective phone? I'm counting on the honest opinions of you all! My crackberry brethern.

Sent from my Z10STL100-2/10.0.10.822
    04-20-13 01:12 AM
    For all the people who say "Why do you post if you aren't having Issues"? This is why. I say get the phone its the best phone I've ever had and no issues here.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    I do....a 9900 here is my PIN 289B0F2F
    04-20-13 01:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    I do, I own lots of them I have 9 currently functioning bb devices personally, am I qualified to answer?
    04-20-13 01:14 AM
    the guy started this thread dont have open heart!
    this going nowhere. Electronic always have problem.that why they have warranty.
    04-20-13 01:17 AM
    The reason that people without problems are unwanted is because they seem to undermine the significance of the problems that people are having which are extremely frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    04-20-13 01:18 AM
    On att since 2 days before official release Z10STL100-3/10.0.10.822 after update still reboots j/s

Posted via CB10 from my AT&T Z10
    04-20-13 01:19 AM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was better better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    You are completely right. I'm so sick to be a beta-tester for BlackBerry! BlackBerry should know that this is there LAST chance to stay alive.
    04-20-13 01:23 AM
    The way the original post on this thread is worded is why some of the posts after have occurred. If you write the first post specifically about the issue and not in a bashing kind of way I think you get more quality responses that are on topic and
    will be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    04-20-13 01:23 AM
    You should change your name to L field since you pulled that out of no where
    R is my first initial. As for the random problem pointed out. Since some feel that all the other systems were so perfect I felt the need to give them some reality. http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/14/i...k-screen-hack/

You should change yours to H2fail.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-20-13 01:32 AM
    I disagree. There's nothing really "new" about the smartphone industry. They added software features, but the technology has been around forever now. Elementary issues that are known to the Z10 now simply should not happen. It's like purchasing a TV and automatically turns off, nobody cares that it is the first Toshiba GK3948, don't sell me a TV with issues PERIOD.
    How is developing a completely new Operating System from the ground up "adding software features"? The smartphone industry may not be "new", but that doesn't mean individual companies cannot develop completely new technologies within it. Cars are over a hundred years old, yet we hear about recalls all the time because of new technologies being introduced and real world tested. As much as you want to state that the argument of a new platform is flawed, your reasons against this argument is flawed in that you do not seem to understand that not one bit of code from the legacy BB OS is found in the BB10 code so therefor it is not simply adding software features as you put it.

Cheers,
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    04-20-13 01:39 AM
    R is my first initial. As for the random problem pointed out. Since some feel that all the other systems were so perfect I felt the need to give them some reality. iOS lock screen can be bypassed with some button mashing... again (video)

You should change yours to H2fail.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Guess you missed the first page of the thread. Reading comprehension +1
    04-20-13 01:41 AM
    The reason that people without problems are unwanted is because they seem to undermine the significance of the problems that people are having which are extremely frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    Message someone who can do something about it : BlackBerry execs maybe? @MichaelClewley @vik_1on1 @asaunders @alexkinsella Venting here doesn't do much. All these problems are well known and documented in the 20 threads a day on the same thing. Nobody is saying they don't exist if they say it hasn't happened for them. I've had problems with the z10 myself do I like that fact, hell no but I trust they will be resolved. This device is way too good for me to be overly bothered about a few missing apps, small bugs or the occasional reboot. I wasn't expecting a perfect device as an early adopter.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    How is developing a completely new Operating System from the ground up "adding software features"? The smartphone industry may not be "new", but that doesn't mean individual companies cannot develop completely new technologies within it. Cars are over a hundred years old, yet we hear about recalls all the time because of new technologies being introduced and real world tested. As much as you want to state that the argument of a new platform is flawed, your reasons against this argument is flawed in that you do not seem to understand that not one bit of code from the legacy BB OS is found in the BB10 code so therefor it is not simply adding software features as you put it.

Cheers,
    I don't give a **** (and neither does the regular consumer who is not a BlackBerry fanatic) about the difficulties I'm the creation process, not my problem, just don't sell a faulty product. Most consumers have no brand loyalty and that's why BlackBerry is going to ****

Posted via CB10
    h20work and JeepBB like this.
    See some people here seems its not okay to compare the z10 to the iphone where the z10 trumps...
    But it's completely ok to compare it when the z10 loses lol.

Then some say it's not okay to post saying you have no issues....but the title of this thread and reason for it is ok?

I don't own an iphone but im one those guys people come to for technical help, with that said the "Iphone works" is invalid.

You take 1 Z10 with rebooting issues and compare it to an iphone without the issue...then yes you can say "iphone work"
    But i can take my perfectly working z10 and compare it to an iphone with issues thus...Z10 WORKS

Come on honestly?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4275744), web99 and R Field like this.
    04-20-13 01:45 AM
    I don't give a **** (and neither does the regular consumer who is not a BlackBerry fanatic) about the difficulties I'm the creation process, not my problem, just don't sell a faulty product. Most consumers have no brand loyalty and that's why BlackBerry is going to ****

Posted via CB10
    I beg to differ...Apple could slap a rotary phone in a box and as long as it has an apple logo on it there would be a 4 day line up. Brand loyalty? Or just brain washed?

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz, islandp and ErinnM like this.
    04-20-13 01:45 AM
    i agreed with OP. deeply disappointed by my 9900.
    i've had 8310, 8520, 9700, 9300, 9800, and lastly 9900.
    hoping for a better user experience everytime i switched device..
    but it never happened.

small bugs and occasional reboots and hangups always exist in every generation of blackberries..

the dev might be high when they code the OS
    04-20-13 01:47 AM
    I beg to differ...Apple could slap a rotary phone in a box and as long as it has an apple logo on it there would be a 4 day line up. Brand loyalty? Or just brain washed?

Posted via CB10
    Have you thought that maybe Apple wasn't gifted with this luck from the phone God's and they built a reputation so great that people will not doubt them? Whenever I mention BlackBerry to a friend they laugh and say it's probably **** and have no interest. Because to a logical person, **** in the past = **** in the future.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-20-13 01:48 AM
    Have you thought that maybe Apple wasn't gifted with this luck from the phone God's and they built a reputation so great that people will not doubt them? Whenever I mention BlackBerry to a friend they laugh and say it's probably **** and have no interest. Because to a logical person, **** in the past = **** in the future.

Posted via CB10
    There was a time when apple was almost bankrupt about 14 or so years ago. So I guess s**t in the past doesn't always = s**t in the future.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan and web99 like this.
    04-20-13 01:55 AM
395 ... 56789 ...