Telling the consumer to be patient because you didn't fully test your product is absurb! Any reasonable consumer makes purchases with the confidence that the product will work as intended, and any reasonable manufacture produces a product with the intention that the product will perform as designed. By your reasoning if the Z10's were exploding in people's pockects they should excuse BB due to the relatively early stages of the products life cycle.
    iPhones explode in people's pockets all the time, google it.
    R Field likes this.
    04-20-13 12:13 AM
    Telling the consumer to be patient because you didn't fully test your product is absurb! Any reasonable consumer makes purchases with the confidence that the product will work as intended, and any reasonable manufacture produces a product with the intention that the product will perform as designed. By your reasoning if the Z10's were exploding in people's pockects they should excuse BB due to the relatively early stages of the products life cycle.
    Actually telling people to be patient is probably the best and only approach if indeed there is a problem. If people weren't patient with apple, and they didn't sort out the problems, apple wouldn't ne here today... and heck we are still waiting for them to solve a bunch of major problems

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:15 AM
    I am guessing that you have never had the experience of developing a new operating system from scratch. There are always issues that come up that need to be fixed.

Having a device being used in the field encounters a lot more test scenarios than can ever be lab tested, so there are going to be problems that will be missed.

If you think that the BlackBerry Z10 is the only device that has issues, please visit the iMore, Android Central and Windows forums. Their operating system are much older than BlackBerry's, but they still have some issues.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    Vorkosigan and R Field like this.
    By your reasoning if the Z10's were exploding in people's pockects they should excuse BB due to the relatively early stages of the products life cycle.
    Wow reaching much?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10

Don't justify the Z10's issues by using the "first generation" argument.-troll.jpg
    d.roc likes this.
    04-20-13 12:20 AM
    Problems &issues have a diffrent meaning all together... Z-10 has some fundamental problems which overtakes the good features of phone. Ex reboots, below average battery life(stop being a joke if u say ur battery lasts for days, we have 120 devices for our company, same issues). And most frustrating is how much time it takes to reboot.
    Now the excuse don't put water on the fact that its a new OS. Well I think they delayed the launch for almost a year. The pain becomes agony when u have to compromise on apps too....
    Now issues are as a corporate device and stress on email I can't have more than 30 days of email.... Wait no search from server too... Are u serious!!!!!
    I agree with old bb guys that its a flagship device and its better a mile as comp to old device!!!! Get real,... It's ok to have a brand but u can't be blind man...
    Someone cited an examples of iPhone 4..5 and android... Do u realised while i am writing this stuff thousands of androids and iphone is being sold... Coz user experience... Apple don't compromise on user experience .. Same with android now.. So either be in the dark and keep fighting like low end blind followers and speak up....
    Yes this is my hard earned money which I invested in bb-10 and BES for 120 devices.. And I consider it as a bad business decision... Now please stop giving the Fortune 500 examples... Trust me it won't be long that they will pay dearly if they don't hear to ppl who are frustrated with the product....
    ihys likes this.
    04-20-13 12:22 AM
    Guys, the point is, we all know and understand that devices --hell, anything man made -- can and will have issues, but some things are not acceptable, especially when it's a variation of something that has been around for many years (mobile devices).

Just as I said earlier and some of you mentioned regarding cars/vehicles: I don't expect a 2014 new Honda, first of its kind to be plagued with brake issues, for example. And if it is, I don't suspect a defense like 'it's the first one' is a decent or acceptable one. It's bull*hit actually. If someone told me to take a vacation on a new plane built by Air Canada (what a privilege) and it crashes, do you think it's fine to say sh*t happens because it's brand New!?! Hell no (extreme example, i know). And that's ultimately the point of this whole thread. Errors will occur but some are simply NOT acceptable in this day an age with regards to a smartphone.

Posted from my ZED10
    ihys likes this.
    04-20-13 12:24 AM
    Dude...the abused housewife? Come on, step back to reality. That's offensive to say the least. I didn't say these issues don't exist. I believe they do for a minority of users. I'm saying return it for one that works because obviously most of us have ones that do work. I'm also saying don't tell people who have working phones that they can't post about it. Seriously though...an abused housewife? Get some perspective slugger.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad I got your attention, I didn't realize your sensitivites run deeper than just your phone. The analogy is still valid though
    04-20-13 12:24 AM
    How about everyone agree to disagree and not take other people's different experiences personally. This is a forum for great discussions about phones. I personally don't care for some of the trolling and comments about people posting or not. Grow Up and be adults because if we all wanted to fling **** at each other then there are other sites for that. The easiest way to solve some issues is to follow this rule...
    Attachment 153022

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Kinda reminds me of this time I was sitting in a pub listening to a couple of cranky old drunk people arguing which side of the puck us UP! LOL.
    (Don't wanna play. Leave the rink.)
    04-20-13 12:26 AM
    If you are using a blackberry for business and it took you three months to save 650.00 you got more problems than a z10. Just saying...

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:27 AM
    Problems &issues have a diffrent meaning all together... Z-10 has some fundamental problems which overtakes the good features of phone. Ex reboots, below average battery life(stop being a joke if u say ur battery lasts for days, we have 120 devices for our company, same issues). And most frustrating is how much time it takes to reboot.
    Now the excuse don't put water on the fact that its a new OS. Well I think they delayed the launch for almost a year. The pain becomes agony when u have to compromise on apps too....
    Now issues are as a corporate device and stress on email I can't have more than 30 days of email.... Wait no search from server too... Are u serious!!!!!
    I agree with old bb guys that its a flagship device and its better a mile as comp to old device!!!! Get real,... It's ok to have a brand but u can't be blind man...
    Someone cited an examples of iPhone 4..5 and android... Do u realised while i am writing this stuff thousands of androids and iphone is being sold... Coz user experience... Apple don't compromise on user experience .. Same with android now.. So either be in the dark and keep fighting like low end blind followers and speak up....
    Yes this is my hard earned money which I invested in bb-10 and BES for 120 devices.. And I consider it as a bad business decision... Now please stop giving the Fortune 500 examples... Trust me it won't be long that they will pay dearly if they don't hear to ppl who are frustrated with the product....
    30 days email issue is being fixed in 10.1 update coming at the end of April. They are listening and fixing people's issues. It takes some time. As far as apps go, they are coming gradually. But that argument about the lacking apps is not valid when people could easily find out if the apps they desperately need were available before they purchased. Will the apps be there, I believe they will eventually, but if that is what is essential for a purchaser and they cannot wait then it's their own fault for not going to a platform that has what they require.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:29 AM
    I'm glad I got your attention, I didn't realize your sensitivites run deeper than just your phone. The analogy is still valid though
    No it isn't. It's offensive. It's an offensive analogy. If you spend years being beaten by the person you are committed to and feel that is the same as buying a defective product..I can't help you but I understand why we disagree. We have different realities.

Posted via CB10
    russworman, dannykavs and der_mit like this.
    04-20-13 12:29 AM
    How about we try a new exercise... the people who DONT have a problem, don't f******* post in threads where people that do have problems post in?

Sick and tired of all you crazed fans that live in denial.

I am as much a blackberry fan as you are, ive had the 8800, 8320, 8700, 9000, 9700, 9780, 9900, 2 9790's and now the Z10.

Truthfully, i thought things would change with the new OS given all the delays and bs 'we kept delaying to provide the best possible user experience', but frankly I don't think so.

I own a Z10, no I don't have constant reboots BUT I do have to restart manually very often as keyboard will freeze, phone will drop connection to blackberry service after a phone call and won't connect along with several other issues.

Yes, after all of that I do plan on getting the Q10. Call me stupid or call me an addict, just hoping the q10 won't have the same issues as this Z10.

OP I agree with you completely.

Posted via CB10
    Etios likes this.
    04-20-13 12:33 AM
    good argument.... I hate nothing more than Apple and it's basic, made-for-little-girls products but THEY WORK.
    My Z10....IT WORKS

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    04-20-13 12:34 AM

Don't justify the Z10's issues by using the "first generation" argument.-troll.jpg
    04-20-13 12:35 AM
    How about we try a new exercise... the people who DONT have a problem, don't f******* post in threads where people that do have problems post in?

Sick and tired of all you crazed fans that live in denial.

I am as much a blackberry fan as you are, ive had the 8800, 8320, 8700, 9000, 9700, 9780, 9900, 2 9790's and now the Z10.

Truthfully, i thought things would change with the new OS given all the delays and bs 'we kept delaying to provide the best possible user experience', but frankly I don't think so.

I own a Z10, no I don't have constant reboots BUT I do have to restart manually very often as keyboard will freeze, phone will drop connection to blackberry service after a phone call and won't connect along with several other issues.

Yes, after all of that I do plan on getting the Q10. Call me stupid or call me an addict, just hoping the q10 won't have the same issues as this Z10.

OP I agree with you completely.

Posted via CB10
    No everyone who responds positively is a crazed fan...

Posted via CB10
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    04-20-13 12:36 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	troll.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	153023
    That's cute, I hope your mom doesn't mind you posting her photo. but if you search me then you will see how long I've been around. My history includes i7100, 8300,8330,8350i, 8900,9700,9900 and PB32
    And that's where it will end if BB doesn't fix the "10" issues
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-20-13 12:40 AM
    Airplane crashes, brakes failing. Really? It's a phone. Just a phone. It's not an insulin pump or a pacemaker. LOL. How about we all go have a tea and play a game of smileys pop.
    KemKev likes this.
    04-20-13 12:40 AM
    That's cute, I hope your mom doesn't mind you posting her photo. but if you search me then you will see how long I've been around. My history includes i7100, 8300,8330,8350i, 8900,9700,9900 and PB32
    My mother died in 2004. That's not a picture of her. That's a picture of a troll. Are you off your meds again?
    der_mit likes this.
    04-20-13 12:43 AM
    Don't know my post would instigate a conversation on whose owned more blackberry devices?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:45 AM
    Airplane crashes, brakes failing. Really? It's a phone. Just a phone. It's not an insulin pump or a pacemaker. LOL. How about we all go have a tea and play a game of smileys pop.
    Lol. Ok

Let's all sing kumbaya by the fire as well, living blissfully in our BlackBerry utopa, while ignoring valid points that denounce the fanatics' ignorant 'it's the first of its kind' excuse.

P.s. My zed10 rocks.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-20-13 12:48 AM
    People on here don't seem to get that, I LOVE BlackBerry, I was an intern there for a summer and loved it, I want nothing for them other than to succeed, but people on here need to stop being sheep and help push BlackBerry to find solutions, it is more than clear that thousands of people have been having problems, people using "my phone works fine" as an argument doesn't change the fact that COUNTLESS others are having reboot issues.
    While I agree that no one should be a sheep your argument takes a nose dive and loses emphasis when concluded with "iphones don't have problems" and "iphones work." That statement is the epitome of clone-ism and erases any other good point you may have made. My phone has re-booted randomly, it does bug me but not enough to return it. And I'm sure some of my ported android apps aren't helping.
    04-20-13 12:50 AM
    i been rocking the phone since Feb 15, 2013, no issues and i do alot of sideloading apps, and still no black screen and restarts. ya some Android apps dont work so what! it doesnt ! its not blackberrys fault ! what you do with your phone is your choice. why you even buy the phone is the first place? cause if its to communicate with friends and family its perfect, but if you bought it to play games. then you bought to for the wrong reason.
    04-20-13 12:52 AM
    Lol. Ok

Let's all sing kumbaya by the fire as well, living blissfully in our BlackBerry utopa, while ignoring valid points that denounce the fanatics' ignorant 'it's the first of its kind' excuse.

P.s. My zed10 rocks.

Posted from my ZED10
    Let me guess. You owned a Toyota that had an "uncontrolled acceleration " issue.
    Blame the car when it was determined to be "User Error". Some people can't operate something as complex as a phone. It has a lot of those high techie finger swipie jesterie thingies.
    It a phone. Just a phone.
    04-20-13 12:58 AM
    Quit telling people when they can or can't express their experience on a forum. Oh and yeah, exchange your device.

Posted via CB10
    You mean like how you and others do here?
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    04-20-13 01:02 AM
395 ... 45678 ...