was replying to someone complaiing about Home button malfunctions Iphone 4 but didnt use quote!!! new here

My sister and my cusins same thing. I think this is common. There is a solution. On screen home button. I forgot how to do it. Some emergency mode? or some home button built in app. It floats around like a widget. Anyways she now has a iphone 5 and doesn't deal with the button issue anymore. But yah there is an on screen homebutton built into the iphones.
    That is me you are replying to. Yes there is a "solution" which works 50% of the time. And when it does work, a few days later, it will stop working again. And you will have to do the "Solution" again.

I also told that "solution" to my coworker and same thing happen, it will randomly not work again. She nearly thew her iPhone out the window today.

For anyone interested in the supposed "solution": you have to open a default app like the email app. Then hold down the power button until the cancel slider appear, then you hold the home key down until the cancel slider goes away. Not a permanent fix and works 50% of the time. The "solution".

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:16 PM
    That's the whole point of a forum about a product. If BMW was to release 1000 cars and 800 of them worked flawlessly, it doesn't make it any better for the 200. Just stop. We realize there are some without problems but there are MANY with problems and we are using the product number one fan site to discuss it and try an escalate the issue to the parent company. Just stop.

Posted via CB10
    That's my issue. You're saying nobody can post positive experiences. Return it already. You know good ones exist in larger numbers. Just stop yourself.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    04-19-13 11:22 PM
    Have had this for almost 2 weeks, zero issues. Still waiting for 10.1..... though.

Sent from my Z10STL100-2/10.0.10.822
    04-19-13 11:26 PM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was better better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    I can't count the times I jumped into a new technology and found issues! Well, actually I can! Every time!! That's part of the fun!!
    If your not comfortable being one of the pioneers who like that kind of challenge, you should maybe wait a while and get a Blackberry when the wrinkles are ironed out.
    No worries. It's not for everyone.
    RazzBerry and critanime like this.
    04-19-13 11:26 PM
    Canada Fido is flawless. Over full day battery and no random reboot issues like our fellow neighbors The American's
    I have a good feeling that these battery and reboots are carrier related.

Maybe bell canada has bad battery problems because they have bern crap since cells cam out for reception.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    04-19-13 11:33 PM
    You may want to reread what you were quoting. The op never said ios didn't have bugs. What they said was it doesn't make them fell better when someone says that 6 years ago ios didn't have copy/paste. I'm paraphrasing, but i think you get my point.
    Lock screen hack anyone?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-19-13 11:34 PM
    If your device works well, we believe you and congrats, but your contribution to such threads is not valuable.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:44 PM
    Lock screen hack anyone?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Antenna issues iphone 4

Scratching issues iphone 5

Lock screen issues ios 6

Microsoft active sync issue, messing with corporate software and others emails ios 6

Reboots, force closing apps ios and android still.

Ios is still missing features bbos had, yet most don't complain.

If you can understand it's a first gen os and wanna wine, go buy an android or iphone. Because some of use no BlackBerry put there all in this os on limited resources in a small amount of time. How small?

Ios was in development from 2002 when jobs made the first ipad prototype, the iPad project was stopped a year later because he though it would make an amazing phone, so they went back to the drawing board and it was released until 2007.

Android was first in development in the earlier 2000's and was gonna be a os for cameras, they then changed there and began working on a phone os, that was actually a copy of BlackBerry at the time, they were bought by Google, who's chairman got a peek at the iPhone. After seeing it they went and revamp android and released it in 2009.

Ya BlackBerry had the PlayBook but that was more a test run, compared to bb10. To write bb10 in 2 years time is an amazing accomplishment. It may be missing features now, but they will come in the future.

Ios and android got to where they are today with TIME, an os has to mature just like bbos did.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:46 PM
    Mine doesn't seem to restart unless I restart it in purpose

Posted via CB10
    Then why bother posting?

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-19-13 11:48 PM
    If your device works well, we believe you and congrats, but your contribution to such threads is not valuable.

Posted via CB10
    Quit telling people when they can or can't express their experience on a forum. Oh and yeah, exchange your device.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry, Vorkosigan and der_mit like this.
    04-19-13 11:48 PM
    There's nothing "new" about the car industry either and cars get recalled all the time for defects. Your argument doesn't hold water.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but BB hasn't issued a recall notice or an official statement.....and that's the problem. They aren't the 1st to ignore issues (Nikon and the D600 oil spots come to mind), it appears to be common corporate practice so continue to push the product while secrectly searching for a fix
    04-19-13 11:49 PM
    Then why bother posting?

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Because that is their experience. Why bother posting about a reboot when you can exchange it for a phone that doesn't reboot when clearly there are tons of users who aren't experiencing reboots. Good lord.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan and der_mit like this.
    04-19-13 11:51 PM
    Why does that mattter? It's pretty well known that many are having reboot issues. No matter how many "mine has been issue free" posts there are, the fact will not change that the phone has a defect that is affecting many.
    Actually it does matter how many doesn't have issues. People that don't have issues tend to be more silent and it is known that people that have issues are much more vocal. So that said... on the first millions sold, if there is only 1000 that had issues then I don't see the problem. so it does matter... seems like for each tread of someone saying they have reboot issues, there is about at least a hundred that doesn't have. (quick non scientific sampling!)

Posted via CB10
    R Field, Vorkosigan and RazzBerry like this.
    04-19-13 11:53 PM
    Look I've had several random reboots in a month and a half on the latest OS. It's a minor inconvenience at best not a deal breaker for me anyways. This is by far and away the best phone I've used so if that's the worst that there is I can deal with it. Having to do battery pulls on my 9780 legacy device and having the sand timer was much more annoying.

Yes in a perfect world the device would work 100% of the time for every owner doing everything but that is not realistic thinking at all.

Every single phone OS has problems out of the box especially brand new ones. Anybody who thought otherwise when buying one is delusional and setting themselves up for disappointment. The only thing that matters at the end of the day is how quickly they sort it out. Many bugs will be sorted out in the 10.1 update (check 10.1 SDK release notes) and I'm sure more features will be added afterwards.

It's okay for you vent just say it to people who can actually make changes and be constructive about it. Nobody wants to come on here and read 50 threads about the same crap. Please BE PATIENT FFS this is not a mature OS and BlackBerry is at least taking feedback from us even Thorstein said it himself.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-19-13 11:53 PM
    Quit telling people when they can or can't express their experience on a forum. Oh and yeah, exchange your device.

Posted via CB10
    Your so blinded by your love of the brand that you think its ok to sell a product with defects? Your the abused house wife who refuses to press charges. As much as I want the Z10 to be the iphone killer, I just can't support blindly watching the masses drop anywhere from $99 (Amazon)- $599 (Tmobile) for possibly defective product. BB where are the QA engineers?
    04-19-13 11:57 PM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was better better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    I haven't had a single random black screen nor reboot that I've read so much about.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    04-19-13 11:59 PM
    Your so blinded by your love of the brand that you think its ok to sell a product with defects? Your the abused house wife who refuses to press charges. As much as I want the Z10 to be the iphone killer, I just can't support blindly watching the masses drop anywhere from $99 (Amazon)- $599 (Tmobile) for possibly defective product. BB where are the QA engineers?
    Dude...the abused housewife? Come on, step back to reality. That's offensive to say the least. I didn't say these issues don't exist. I believe they do for a minority of users. I'm saying return it for one that works because obviously most of us have ones that do work. I'm also saying don't tell people who have working phones that they can't post about it. Seriously though...an abused housewife? Get some perspective slugger.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    04-20-13 12:02 AM
    Yet as many others, I've not experienced this. Nor have any of the 4 other people I know with one. So although unfortunate, if you're not happy just switch to something else.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:03 AM
    People on here don't seem to get that, I LOVE BlackBerry, I was an intern there for a summer and loved it, I want nothing for them other than to succeed, but people on here need to stop being sheep and help push BlackBerry to find solutions, it is more than clear that thousands of people have been having problems, people using "my phone works fine" as an argument doesn't change the fact that COUNTLESS others are having reboot issues.
    "COUNTLESS others"? And you are not exaggerating? Would it be fair to say "COUNTLESS others" have their phone working flawlessly? Listen, it takes way too much energy to flog a dead horse. If the phone doesn't work for you, take a deep breath, take it back, and get something that meets your needs. Why the heck is that so difficult for people to understand?

Also, calling people "sheep" because they advocate for the phone of their choice is ignorant and ********. Every platform have its "evangelists" and BB is no different. To come into a forum on a website with hardcore BB users and b!tch about the phone is going to evoke a certain predictable response. As the OP, you just have to deal with it and preferably without the name calling.
    der_mit likes this.
    Thor will come out and offer free cases for everyone so BlackBerry can continue selling "Defective" products!

Posted via CB10
    Because that is their experience. Why bother posting about a reboot when you can exchange it for a phone that doesn't reboot when clearly there are tons of users who aren't experiencing reboots. Good lord.

Posted via CB10
    Do you honestly believe exchanging the device will help?
    04-20-13 12:04 AM
    Look I've had several random reboots in a month and a half on the latest OS. It's a minor inconvenience at best not a deal breaker for me anyways. This is by far and away the best phone I've used so if that's the worst that there is I can deal with it. Having to do battery pulls on my 9780 legacy device and having the sand timer was much more annoying.
    Yes in a perfect world the device would work 100% of the time for every owner doing everything but that is not realistic thinking at all.

Every single phone OS has problems out of the box especially brand new ones. Anybody who thought otherwise when buying one is delusional and setting themselves up for disappointment. The only thing that matters at the end of the day is how quickly they sort it out. Many bugs will be sorted out in the 10.1 update (check 10.1 SDK release notes) and I'm sure more features will be added afterwards.

It's okay for you vent just say it to people who can actually make changes and be constructive about it. Nobody wants to come on here and read 50 threads about the same crap. Please BE PATIENT FFS this is not a mature OS and BlackBerry is at least taking feedback from us even Thorstein said it himself.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Telling the consumer to be patient because you didn't fully test your product is absurb! Any reasonable consumer makes purchases with the confidence that the product will work as intended, and any reasonable manufacture produces a product with the intention that the product will perform as designed. By your reasoning if the Z10's were exploding in people's pockects they should excuse BB due to the relatively early stages of the products life cycle.
    h20work, Etios, Drew808 and 1 others like this.
    04-20-13 12:09 AM
    Well actually considering that all these people are endlessly posting that they don't have issues with the phone... it means that chances are it will help! its only logical

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:12 AM
    How about everyone agree to disagree and not take other people's different experiences personally. This is a forum for great discussions about phones. I personally don't care for some of the trolling and comments about people posting or not. Grow Up and be adults because if we all wanted to fling **** at each other then there are other sites for that. The easiest way to solve some issues is to follow this rule...
    Don't justify the Z10's issues by using the "first generation" argument.-2012-08-02-trollmeme.png

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:13 AM
    Let's walk through it together. Mine is flawless....no reboots or lag. the majority of users have the same experience. Some have serious issues that blow in a big way. Are they cursed? Do they have bad cell phone karma? Maybe. Or perhaps they bought a flawed phone. Why wouldn't you swap it out to see before spending hours venting on a forum?

Posted via CB10
    sgt_snacks-64 and der_mit like this.
    04-20-13 12:13 AM
395 ... 34567 ...