OOOKK so this thread is going NO WHERE.

Question for the OP.. was your point to get BBRY's attention on the matter? Or to just complain that there is an issue with their new phone? This is a legitimate question, I am not trolling.

The reason I ask is: If it's the former, I draw your attention here: Blackberry Knowledge Base Article ID KB34039

If it's the latter.. You're not alone, but do we REALLY need ANOTHER thread on here about this?! there's got to be a few dozen by now!

They know there is an issue... I ask anyone in this thread with any software/programming background... how easy is it REALLY to fix an issue like this? Is it fair to say that if it were that easy, that a fix would have been deployed ASAP?
    04-19-13 10:32 PM
    I am not making excuses for BB and I own no stock in the company.
    I do, however, work with software for a living and sorry but that is how it is. New releases = BUGS. Period and not avoidable.
    As for iPhone being released with no bugs, BS! iPhone has had it's share of bugs and fixes.
    Where do you get that it did not?
    If you are going to make a statement, be able to back it up. I will back up my statement if you like. What bug would you like me to list first? The iOS 6.1.2 one? I can go on if you want.
    It's not meant to justify the issues, it is merely a fact being stated.
    You may want to reread what you were quoting. The op never said ios didn't have bugs. What they said was it doesn't make them fell better when someone says that 6 years ago ios didn't have copy/paste. I'm paraphrasing, but i think you get my point.
    JeepBB and astrodan13 like this.
    04-19-13 10:38 PM
    Mine doesn't seem to restart unless I restart it in purpose

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome for you then.

Mike posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:40 PM
    There's nothing "new" about the car industry either and cars get recalled all the time for defects. Your argument doesn't hold water.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah because cars get recalled for not working or shutting off randomly all the time.........

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-19-13 10:40 PM
    LOL some people on here are hilarious, why do you care about a user name or my forgotten password? why does that even matter? You don't think I know I can use e-mail to have my password sent to me? Instead, I chose to quickly make another account and save the time.. and to think you have kids old enough to use phones.. damn..
    I really don't care about your user name. I was attempting to help out a fellow CB member. I don't know that you know about the password resolution. If it's quicker to make and authenticate a new account for you then so be it.
    You don't have to be rude.
    Why are you so pissed off?

Posted using CB10 via BB10 on a BB Z10
    curvezzz likes this.
    04-19-13 10:42 PM
    Yeah because cars get recalled for not working or shutting off randomly all the time.........

Posted via CB10
    Oh, you'd be surprised... the automotive industry is far from perfect. Just like a smartphone, a car is a very complex machine, and it's difficult to get it right regardless of how long you've been at it.
    04-19-13 10:43 PM

Question for the OP.. was your point to get BBRY's attention on the matter? Or to just complain that there is an issue with their new phone? This is a legitimate question, I am not trolling.

The reason I ask is: If it's the former, I draw your attention here: Blackberry Knowledge Base Article ID KB34039

If it's the latter.. You're not alone, but do we REALLY need ANOTHER thread on here about this?! there's got to be a few dozen by now!

They know there is an issue... I ask anyone in this thread with any software/programming background... how easy is it REALLY to fix an issue like this? Is it fair to say that if it were that easy, that a fix would have been deployed ASAP?
    Determining the issue on a software issue is sometimes easy sometimes not. That's the tricky part.
    Sometimes when I code, something I've done for years should work and does not. No reason, no rhyme, just doesn't work and I have to look for a "work around".
    If there were a fix it would have been given, first the place the issue comes from has to be determined and then solved.
    And it's not easy.
    It's tiring and after looking at thousands of lines of code and hundreds of thousands of characters within the code, the eyes blur.
    I don't know how many techs they have on the issue and I haven't ever worked with their cascades, nor am I a C/C++ expert.
    They have at least 23 libraries used (if I recall correctly) and you have to know them and be able to use them!
    And what if it's a combination of issues causing the issues, that just makes the whole issue more convoluted, so yes, it is difficult.
    John Pawling and fragment137 like this.
    04-19-13 10:44 PM
    Yes it is not okay but i can live with it.

I know it's going to get better, first generation and already this robust for an OS?

My money is on BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.

Maybe the point was some of long time bb users are getting tired of hearing that "It's new, give them time!" "ios didn't have blah blah blah". If anyone has spent anytime whatsoever with a Playbook they would see why it's not a 1.0 os
    Davidro1 and Etios like this.
    You may want to reread what you were quoting. The op never said ios didn't have bugs. What they said was it doesn't make them fell better when someone says that 6 years ago ios didn't have copy/paste. I'm paraphrasing, but i think you get my point.
    Ok, reread and I think my point was this from the OP:
    First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was better better than everything else out there.
    So my point being that the iphone, as OP stated was a first of it's kind. Agreed. Well, the Z10 is also a first of it's kind.
    Better?
    04-19-13 10:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I thought you were "out". Why don't you return it for another. Obviously so many of us don't have these issues so there must be many Z10's that don't reboot. Find one. Or...spend hours ranting about a problem on a forum that you could address yourself.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:49 PM
    I posted earlier this today about AAPL having quality control problems, often, during their lifetime of products, and especially in the most recent decade of iThingies.

It is useless for me to post to say that my z10 doesn't suffer from reboots.

I've had many problems with email including some issues that nobody has ever posted about.

Stop posting to add only that YOUR Z10 has been fine. It is certain that many people could post this. Stop it. Don't post that Yours has been fine.
    Mine has been fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ya accelerating randomly and causing accidents or did you forget about that? There's many more examples if you want.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:51 PM
    I thought you were "out". Why don't you return it for another. Obviously so many of us don't have these issues so there must be many Z10's that don't reboot. Find one. Or...spend hours ranting about a problem on a forum that you could address yourself.

Posted via CB10
    That's the whole point of a forum about a product. If BMW was to release 1000 cars and 800 of them worked flawlessly, it doesn't make it any better for the 200. Just stop. We realize there are some without problems but there are MANY with problems and we are using the product number one fan site to discuss it and try an escalate the issue to the parent company. Just stop.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-19-13 10:55 PM
    Had this phone since February without any issues. I don't even want to begin with the problems I had with my sg3. The z10 is the best phone on the market today. Also people please report these paid trolls and don't feed them.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    04-19-13 10:55 PM
    Meh I saved my $600 over less than a week so I can live with it, but I love the phone and while it did have restart issues it the update fixed it so it's not an issue for me anymore

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:57 PM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was better better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    Nothing is perfect you don't like the phone return it. Not everyone is having issues and it is a first gen device. I have family members who have problems on there android and it's on its 4.0 version and 1837372828474 gen phone.

So don't take this personally when I say, shut up!

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    04-19-13 10:58 PM
    Had this phone since February without any issues. I don't even want to begin with the problems I had with my sg3. The z10 is the best phone on the market today. Also people please report these paid trolls and don't feed them.

Posted via CB10
    Most ******** post. I'm posting from the CB10 app from my Z10 from my bed, who the hell is going to pay me for this exactly?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:00 PM
    Had the z10 since February 5 and it has never rebooted once. With any mass production you will have some problems. Example Car manufacturers have issues that pop up daily.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and critanime like this.
    04-19-13 11:00 PM
    was replying to someone complaiing about Home button malfunctions Iphone 4 but didnt use quote!!! new here

My sister and my cusins same thing. I think this is common. There is a solution. On screen home button. I forgot how to do it. Some emergency mode? or some home button built in app. It floats around like a widget. Anyways she now has a iphone 5 and doesn't deal with the button issue anymore. But yah there is an on screen homebutton built into the iphones.
    04-19-13 11:03 PM
    Maybe the point was some of long time bb users are getting tired of hearing that "It's new, give them time!" "ios didn't have blah blah blah". If anyone has spent anytime whatsoever with a Playbook they would see why it's not a 1.0 os
    Alright, I have to give you that point.. I'm tired of hearing the "it's new, give them time" thing too. So let's switch it to: "They know it's an issue, and issues can take awhile to fix."

That being said, we shouldn't rag on BBRY on such a scale for issues. Google has issues; we KNOW Apple has issues...Microsoft has issues every other OS. BBRY is just like any other company in that way. I guess I just feel like this entire forum is becoming one giant roast on BBRY.
    SDTRMG and R Field like this.
    04-19-13 11:04 PM
    Ok, reread and I think my point was this from the OP:

So my point being that the iphone, as OP stated was a first of it's kind. Agreed. Well, the Z10 is also a first of it's kind.
    Better?
    If you think the z10 is the first bb then yes I can see the misunderstanding. If you think the z10 is bb first attempt at a new os, then I can also see the misunderstanding.

If you have a pb now and can't see the similarities then I have no response.
    04-19-13 11:05 PM
    That's the whole point of a forum about a product. If BMW was to release 1000 cars and 800 of them worked flawlessly, it doesn't make it any better for the 200. Just stop. We realize there are some without problems but there are MANY with problems and we are using the product number one fan site to discuss it and try an escalate the issue to the parent company. Just stop.

Posted via CB10
    But your the one having the temper tantrum. Yes people are having issues with some devices. But many people also aren't having issues. If you wanted to raise this with the parent company you would be conversing with RIM directly or within their own support areas. Ranting about it on a fan forum isn't going to suddenly fix everything.

Posted via CB10
    grover5 likes this.
    04-19-13 11:07 PM
    Alright, I have to give you that point.. I'm tired of hearing the "it's new, give them time" thing too. So let's switch it to: "They know it's an issue, and issues can take awhile to fix."

That being said, we shouldn't rag on BBRY on such a scale for issues. Google has issues; we KNOW Apple has issues...Microsoft has issues every other OS. BBRY is just like any other company in that way. I guess I just feel like this entire forum is becoming one giant roast on BBRY.
    I don't give a rat's a$$ about google or apple. All I have used for 10 years is blackberry. I don't care how many apps they have, I don't care about playing games, and to be honest the social apps are a distraction to me. I'd love to see one honest discussion on here that doesn't need to bring up other platforms. If I wanted to buy an iPhone I would.

I want a blackberry that works without excuses or workarounds. I am carrying 2 daily now, a 9850 and my z. The 9850 has become my "checks and balances" device. Os7.1 may have been old but it worked more reliably than my z does.
    Slamdunc1 and Davidro1 like this.
    04-19-13 11:15 PM
    If this were a BlackBerry Bold 9900 launch and issues like this were happening, then ya, big problem.

But when the OS is a baby, it won't be perfect.

Would you get mad if your baby started crying?
    The 9900 still has the restart problem, I have 2 that do it every few days. My 9800 did the same thing. The OP is exactly right and the idiots that continue to "beat up" on those that bring the issues to light need an @ss whooping. If your Z10 has no issues then great you got one from a good lot, it it does then sound the alarm and ddemand a fix
    kanyeezy, Etios and Slamdunc1 like this.
    04-19-13 11:15 PM
395 ... 23456 ...