As for my serious reply: I would be extremely disconcerted if my brand spanking new Z10 were to restart randomly.

Is BlackBerry responsible? Yes. Is it possible that they don't know about the issue? GODS no... Just with the CB population it would be impossible not to know, and we all know that Thor actually reads through these forums from time to time.

It's more than likely a software issue, which can be solved with an OS update. If it's a problem batch of phones, everyone should (will) get replacements when a new batch comes out.

I just feel that both arguments are moot in this case. Everyone will ALWAYS be able to argue both sides because they have equal and mutually nullifying merit.

I would say this: S*** happens, and it sucks when it does. But unless you're coding an OS update to solve the issue yourself, then get over it and wait. It's really all that anyone can do.
    batberryz10 likes this.
    04-19-13 09:16 PM
    Are you OK? my user name? that is of concern to you? OK, I forgot my password for my original account so I made one with same name and added the number 1, because after looking information on BB10 right before buying I didn't think I'd need to be back here looking for solutions. The rest of you requires no mention, unfortunately.
    When you forget your password, forums can send it to you via email.

Apples slogan ' it just works' is no more applicable to iPhones than it is to BlackBerry or Android phones. My 3 kids have the 4S and 5 and have freezing and app crashes. My Z hasn't frozen or crashed yet. Not saying some don't have issues but user and bad luck plays a role too.

Posted using CB10 via BB10 on a BB Z10
    04-19-13 09:16 PM
    It's not a 1st generation os or device. Anyone with a playbook can confirm that.
    Well I have had a PlayBook for 2 years and it's a lot different than the Z.

trynacu2 and brout like this.
    04-19-13 09:18 PM
    When you forget your password, forums can send it to you via email.

Apples slogan ' it just works' is no more applicable to I phones than it is to BlackBerry or Android phones. My 3 kids have the 4S and 5 and have freezing and app crashes. My Z hasn't frozen or crashed yet. Not saying some don't have issues but user and bad luck plays a role too.

LOL some people on here are hilarious, why do you care about a user name or my forgotten password? why does that even matter? You don't think I know I can use e-mail to have my password sent to me? Instead, I chose to quickly make another account and save the time.. and to think you have kids old enough to use phones.. damn..
    04-19-13 09:20 PM
    I was the worst critic of the launch, misleading promises on apps, and many other things. I have consistently said the phone wasn't ready for prime time. My first phone was a disappointment and I returned it. I am now on my second phone, and I am extremely pleased. Now get me Skype!
    04-19-13 09:20 PM
    Hmmm iphone wasn't the first smartphone and it was plagued with problems! They solved most over the last 5 years. Now I never had a reboot or any problem with my phone... sounds like a minority of people having the problem but being very loud about it. It happens. If you sell a few millions of phone there will be problems!

But I had seen plenty of people having problems with iphones! My ex had to return her iphone 4 twice to the Apple store cause it would slow down to the point its unusable. Reboots would solve but she wasn't satisfied with that.

Then there are WiFi problems with the iphone, active sync problem that drains the battery, and what's that thing that you can access private info from the lock screen?

And that's after apple spent 5 years and is up to version 6 of their OS!

BlackBerry 10, as version 2, looks really incredible compare to what apple had been going through!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:21 PM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was better better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    It was not a better phone by far. It didn't even have mms.

Even a pos flip phone with no data did that.

It was very limited all around.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:23 PM
    I've had the Z10 since Feb 12th and it's rebooted twice...switch carriers

Posted via CB10 with my white Z10
    04-19-13 09:23 PM
    Yes it's ok if you have a first generation revolutionary device with problems, but IT IS NOT OKAY 6 years after similar level smartphones have been out.
    iPhone is still not at the level of the new Z10. Does it have microHDMI output? Can you use NFC? Can you use flash? Does the keyboard allow for typing sentences sometimes using only one letter per word? Can you run eight apps at once?

Z10 is not perfect but has introduced a lot of nice features on a completely new platform that according to BlackBerry is designed for mobile computing in the future.

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM and Maal628 like this.
    04-19-13 09:24 PM
    I posted earlier this today about AAPL having quality control problems, often, during their lifetime of products, and especially in the most recent decade of iThingies.

It is useless for me to post to say that my z10 doesn't suffer from reboots.

I've had many problems with email including some issues that nobody has ever posted about.

Stop posting to add only that YOUR Z10 has been fine. It is certain that many people could post this. Stop it. Don't post that Yours has been fine.
    04-19-13 09:25 PM
    The only real issues that affected me pretty much went away when I loaded 10.0.10.822 on my Verizon Z10. I blame the carrier's build of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:25 PM
    I have noticed that many...maybe MOST complaining about actual glitches rather than little annoyances are on Verizon and using a way old build that BlackBerry really wants you to move on from, so to speak.

I'd be on the Verizon forums and calling them daily if I was you. That's your problem.

~STV
    04-19-13 09:26 PM
    So obviously the software has some kinks to work out. That's okay- I'm just glad I have the phone in my hands. Eventually they'll come around to fixes in the next OS update (which isn't too far off I hope). Just keep in the mind the software is built on a platform very much unlike Apple or Google's platforms. They've definitely had all this time to refine their OS over the years, now Blackberry has to pluck out all the issues from this OS.
    04-19-13 09:26 PM
    Well I have had a PlayBook for 2 years and it's a lot different than the Z.

Have your pb in landscape and a your z in portrait on top

Then hold them together and check out the profile
    04-19-13 09:27 PM
    I agree, it's a bit **** poor to have released with the number of bugs and limitations that the Z10 has.
    Some of the omissions of functions from prior BlackBerry OS such as email limited to 30 days. It is actually embarrassing, BlackBerry was known for awesome communications but bb10 version 1 is less impressive than os7.
    I think the majority of people would have assumed that everything in os7 would have been included.
    Yes new os etc, but the thing is they are competing against established competition not ios 1.
    Updates should be rolling out monthly and not restricted to the carriers releasing them.
    I have the Z10, I like it but it will take a few updates before I love it. Hope its not going to be a replay of the play book.
    The rebooting issue needs to be solved yesterday.

Mike posted via CB10
    kanyeezy1, Etios, Donvald and 1 others like this.
    04-19-13 09:28 PM
    I'm on my third Z10 and they've all been on Canadian carriers. Stop blaming carriers.
    JeepBB, kanyeezy1, h20work and 2 others like this.
    04-19-13 09:29 PM
    It's not a 1st generation os or device. Anyone with a playbook can confirm that.
    As the owner of a PlayBook and a Z10, I struggle to see any similarities between the OS' at all. Show them to someone who didn't know better, and I wouldn't blame them for thinking they were made by two different companies (hardware aside, the hardware is very similar no doubt) At most, they share a kernel and some minor features (certain gestures and ideas, maybe some browser components). Everything else was written from scratch, otherwise we'd have ended up with a whole suite of awful apps written in Adobe AIR. The PlayBook taught them lessons, yes, but I doubt it made the workload any less immense.
    04-19-13 09:36 PM
    I kind of agree. It does seem like a desperate defense for certain issues that should not be here in the first place.

I think if Apple were to release a brand new communication device today, with no antenna (dejavu), nobody would turn and say, "It's cool cuz it's the first os of it's kind, Dude!". Let's keep things real. Just like I expect to buy a brand new first generation Honda and expect the brakes to work. Of course such things can fail, but the excuse that it's a "First" is quite lame, especially when the device isn't something revolutionary or unique, if you know what I mean; smartphones aren't a new invention anymore.

By the way, my zed 10 has been incredible, thankfully. Hoping it remains this way and only gets better, but I sympathize with those having email or reboot issues -- things that should NOT be happening on this type of device, no matter how new or recent it is.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-19-13 09:37 PM
    It makes no one feel better by telling me that it's ok to have issues because it's a first generation device and comparing it to the original iPhone. First of all, the iPhone was the first of its kind, it had no real competition and even with its issues, it was better better than everything else out there.

Secondly, it's 2013, and BlackBerry should know better than to release something that would (for thousands of customers) restart for no reason when there are countless numbers of people relying on the device to do business.

I realize this is a BB fan site and I would love for my (second) Z10 to work flawlessly too, but it is simply not the case. Stop making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company and instead help those with problems push them to find out solutions or if not possible, then return people's money with ease.

I saved up $650 over months and I will not be happy with BS like random black screens or reboots.
    Yet BB still built a better phone than the Iphone5 while launching it only a few months after Apple. Where's Apples swipe text? Stuck in 2009? NFC? HDMI? True multitasking? Just not there. If you're going to make comparisons, realize that all phones have room for improvements. The Z10 in my opinion is an amazing phone that only will help the developmen of all smartphone makers. Why does Apple still use a home button? They thought that was the best option....now we all know it's far from productive.

Telling us what year it is and that it's a similar phone to others is nonsense. Every phone is built a little better than the next, hence new issues arise. Do you know why the first iphone didn't have Hub issues?? Because there wasn't a hub. My point is, even though they do "Similar " things doesn't mean they won't encounter new problems.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    04-19-13 09:38 PM
    As the owner of a PlayBook and a Z10, I struggle to see any similarities between the OS' at all. Show them to someone who didn't know better, and I wouldn't blame them for thinking they were made by two different companies (hardware aside, the hardware is very similar no doubt) At most, they share a kernel and some minor features (certain gestures and ideas, maybe some browser components). Everything else was written from scratch, otherwise we'd have ended up with a whole suite of awful apps written in Adobe AIR. The PlayBook taught them lessons, yes, but I doubt it made the workload any less immense.
    I should probably clarify, none of what I just said necessarily excuses BlackBerry from the Z10's imperfections, but all things considered, my personal opinion is that they did very well considering the conditions.
    04-19-13 09:39 PM
    For saying apple just works? IPhone 5 and it warps? Never heard of a phone bending before and I'm sure you won't ever see a BlackBerry do that. On that note Z10STL100-3/10.0.10.672 running on Rogers not a single issue with this phone not even after going to 10.1 SDK and back to what I'm on now.

Posted via CB10
    SirJes likes this.
    04-19-13 09:41 PM
    I am Canadian and on my second Z10 from two different carriers
    Well then you sir, are either extremely unlucky or are not alluding to everything you do with the phone.

I'm with Bell, had my Z10 since February 5th and have restarted it on 2 occasions. Out of the 2, 1 was because I installed the eBay app and it was chewing through my battery life. So I restarted the phone to see if that would help but ultimately had to just delete the app. The other restart was because I upgraded to a 64gb microSD card.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    04-19-13 09:42 PM
    Yet BB still built a better phone than the Iphone5 while launching it only a few months after Apple. Where's Apples swipe text? Stuck in 2009? NFC? HDMI? True multitasking? Just not there. If you're going to make comparisons, realize that all phones have room for improvements. The Z10 in my opinion is an amazing phone that only will help the developmen of all smartphone makers. Why does Apple still use a home button? They thought that was the best option....now we all know it's far from productive.

Telling us what year it is and that it's a similar phone to others is nonsense. Every phone is built a little better than the next, hence new issues arise. Do you know why the first iphone didn't have Hub issues?? Because there wasn't a hub. My point is, even though they do "Similar " things doesn't mean they won't encounter new problems.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    It makes no difference that one phone has more features than the other, that is not the point. I get that they both have different features, but frankly having a hub, or time-shift, or a swipe keyboard and all the amazing **** means NOTHING if the phone is suddenly going to turn off on me while I have it plugged in through my valuable HDMI port.
    04-19-13 09:42 PM
    Point of all of this is, blackberry: Take responsibility and fix your device as soon as possible. People like me have spent hundreds on your product and we deserve better. Peace.
    h20work, Etios and JeepBB like this.
    04-19-13 09:43 PM
    Open the settings, it was written in air and looks very familiar. Open the hub, looks identical to the pb messages app, even down to the color schemes. Open the calculator, other than the missing % key, looks pretty familiar. Go to the apps pages, don't see anything like the pb?
    Donvald and JeepBB like this.
    04-19-13 09:45 PM
395 1234 ...