This thread should be renamed: I am getting an iPhone because IT CAN'T DO what my old BlackBerry does!

Posted via CB10
    On the contrary. I may well keep the current set up which works fine, then see how BB 10 develops. Not previously studied the iphone but had not realised how super sensitive folks were on here at the mention of the name
    ihys likes this.
    04-30-13 07:28 AM
    Not sensitive to the mention of the name, just sensitive to idiotic posts about threatening to go to a phone you've not even checked out, and perhaps tired of people needing to inform others about their decision. We're here to help and support one another with honest questions and sincere debate about our devices, not therapists to affirm you in making a different choice. Good luck and feel free to buy what you want without informing us.
    trynacu2 and SlcCorrado like this.
    04-30-13 07:38 AM
    This morning it was chilly so I decided that I want my phone to start my car. Opened memopad, change the title to the vin number of my car, wrote 'begin starting process' and saved it, sent that memo to volkswaggen, they answered me that they can't do anything with that so I'm returning my phone... I'm buying an iphone 9
    04-30-13 07:40 AM
    On the contrary. I may well keep the current set up which works fine, then see how BB 10 develops.
    This part of the post makes perfect sense and is exactly what most of the responders were trying to say; but in fairness you never even hinted at this sort of level headed thinking in your original post; you just said it doesnt work and I'm going to an iphone (which made no sense whatsoever and smelled like troll bait) . . Again, good luck with whatever you decide to do
    04-30-13 07:42 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised if BBRY goes further in the direction of making the tablet, 3rd screen, even more of a companion device. If there are ways to gut the internals and rely on cloud or phone memory and phone processing power. Essentially a tablet that houses a battery and a screen.

The limitation might be that these companion devices would only have a market of BB10 customers. But if they are satisfied with this strategy it might actually fly.
    04-30-13 07:43 AM
    On the contrary. I may well keep the current set up which works fine, then see how BB 10 develops. Not previously studied the iphone but had not realised how super sensitive folks were on here at the mention of the name
    You must understand that this is a BlackBerry forum and if you are stating in a post that you are getting or considering another device then be prepared for the outcome. People do get tired of the same old sh*t with posts that turn out to be trolls who do this on purpose. These forums are meant for users looking for guidance/assistance regarding their devices. There are many users here willing to listen and help others but to be honest if the Z10 doesn't make the cut for you, save yourself some time and go buy something else without complaining. Now if you are interested in how something works or need to figure out how to properly configure /setup a device so that you can remain productive based on your requirements...welcome. to Crackberry.

Posted from the beyond...
    04-30-13 07:45 AM
    Actually you don't even need WiFi hotspot... bridge will allow the WiFi playbook to share the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    Depends on what Z10 Os he is using. 10.1 does not allow for bridge connectivity.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 07:48 AM
    I think the confusion comes from prioritizing Bridge as one of the reasons to move to another platform. The iPhone isn't going to work over Bridge, and if the screen size on the iPhone is fine for email, then the Z10 should be fine as well.

I do miss all of the Bridge functions that I had before, but my PlayBook can still browse the internet over Bridge. I have work email on my phone and personal on the PlayBook. Bridge let me keep work email on one device with access on both (makes sharing the PlayBook a better option).

From what I can surmise, BB10 has everything coming through the Hub, which is a completely different messaging system than previous BlackBerry versions. It will probably take a completely new method to bring the Hub over Bridge. They needed to get the Z10 to market, rather than wait for every BBOS function to be ready. I keep hoping Bridge gets Hub support.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 07:49 AM
    Maybe so, but, then again, not everything old school is, by default, bad.

A modem connection is old school too. You'd be shocked at how many folks still use one.

Just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    And...just because people use something...doesn't make it good.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 07:54 AM
    Depends on what Z10 Os he is using. 10.1 does not allow for bridge connectivity.

Posted via CB10
    The leaked incomplete 10.1 doesn't allow it.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 07:58 AM
    A modem connection is old school too. You'd be shocked at how many folks still use one.
    Given that DSL and cable internet require a modem, it wouldn't be terribly shocking

I think you meant dial up connection.
    04-30-13 08:12 AM
    The leaked incomplete 10.1 doesn't allow it.

Posted via CB10
    True. My
    post was for the bob

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 08:17 AM
    Get a proper email account and you don't need bridge. All emails and contacts will be synced on both devices. That what I do. My emails are identical on both devices, so for me bridge isn't needed anymore.
    I'm listening. What is a proper email account. Not trolling, I really want to know.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 08:22 AM
    Your right if you really wanted to upgrade your phone you could put your email account on your phone and PlayBook and just wait for BB10 to make its way to the pb which is when we will see a better bridge .

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-30-13 08:32 AM
    I'm listening. What is a proper email account. Not trolling, I really want to know.

Posted via CB10
    A proper email account is one that supports push

04-30-13 08:33 AM
    Switching to an iphone will only make things worse...

Posted via unlocked Z10 on T-Mo in SoCal
    04-30-13 08:36 AM
    The Bridge will return.
    You're better of waiting and yeah your iphone comment made no sense

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 08:43 AM
    I'm getting rid of my z10 for a stevephone as well. My z10 doesn't cook me breakfast, give me huge muscles, drive my car for me, or do my laundry. Gotta get the iphone now. It won't do anything like that, either, but it is whatever.

Posted via CB10
    Nice to see the typical fanboy deflection anytime someone posts about a missing feature. You are surely doing a great justice for BB users everywhere!
    04-30-13 09:17 AM
    OP's logic = nonexistent.
    04-30-13 09:28 AM

What he said..
    04-30-13 11:20 AM
    IMHO, access email (or calendar for that matter) over Bridge became obsolete when the PlayBook got its own email client. I have all the same email accounts on my Z10 (and previously on my 9930) as I have on my PlayBook- including my corporate email which was on BES on the 9930. Trying to access over the bridge was slower and provided a poorer user experience than accessing directly on the native PB mail app.

You do have a point that the Z10 doesn't support email, calendar, etc. over BB bridge. This may get resolved with the release of BBOS 10.1. Or, BB may have decided that it was obsolete and won't add it. Either way, you can access your Z10's Internet for surfing on the PB when you're not in WiFi range. You can also access corporate network from PB using BB Bridge if your Z10 is on enterprise server.

Keith
    04-30-13 11:47 AM
    Obviously this guys is an isheep in wolf's clothes. What can the iphone do to bridge his PlayBook??
    Also, why two phones for two businesses? I manage 4 email accounts, numerous texts, BBM, what's app, loads of document, schedule meeting etc..all from my making Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 01:29 PM

Ok, so how do you determine if push is supported? I have Gmail, outlook.com, yahoo, Hotmail, and our own email accounts that are hosted on host gator. I receive emails on my device almost instantly, but when I read an email on one device, it is not recognized as being read on the other device.

I'm using a Z10 and a laptop.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 02:42 PM
    What he said..
    See the updated question.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:04 AM
49 12