Hi all.

Would love to move to the Z10 but no one including BB support can answer my question.
    I drive an Audi A7 that needs your phone to have remote sim access to ensure a connection for phone and data can be established. My Samsung s3 does this but I need to find out if the Z10 has remote sim access profile (rSAP),

Can anyone confirm or deny this yet.?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    02-03-13 02:40 AM
    I don't have an Audi, but I have a BMW that has the same requirement, and the phone pairs and works perfectly, and I see text messages and mails displayed in the car.

Address book / calling all works
    02-03-13 02:50 AM
    I don't have an Audi, but I have a BMW that has the same requirement, and the phone pairs and works perfectly, and I see text messages and mails displayed in the car.

Address book / calling all works
    Mattuk.
    Thanks for the reply. Coming from a bmw530 only about 2 weeks ago I can advise they don't work the same. The BMW implemented the system correctly meaning they have their own sim card installed in the vehicle that is used for data connections such as BMW assist etc and the sim in your phone just uses blue tooth for calls etc. Audi really messed up and gave you the option to add your own sim card. Whilst this sounds good can you imagine taking out your sim card and installing it each and every time into the car. So in an attempt to correct this oversight, Audi gave the software option to link to your handset by rSAP but this is not common on handsets. Hence my question.

02-05-13 01:34 AM
    Actually, don't Audi use QNX as the OS for their system? I'm sure BlackBerry listed Audi as one of the users at the launch.. would be ironic if they do and it doesn't work!
    02-05-13 01:51 AM
    I'd like to know this to. My 9360 (as does my S3) connects via rsap to my skoda superb - standard vag setup. Its shown as premium bluetooth.

I'd presume the z10 would but then again I presumed it would have UMA......

Lack of decent technical info is shocking.

Shane8750 and uktivo like this.
    02-05-13 02:13 AM
    I drive a Civic and the phone works fine with bluetooth pairing...
    02-05-13 02:39 AM
    Mattuk.
    Audi really messed up and gave you the option to add your own sim card. Whilst this sounds good can you imagine taking out your sim card and installing it each and every time into the car. So in an attempt to correct this oversight, Audi gave the software option to link to your handset by rSAP but this is not common on handsets. Hence my question.

HI,

can't help you on the rSAP question (interested myself, as I have SAP in my MB). But your assessment isn't quite fair. SAP/rSAP has one huge advantage... the external mobile aerial of the car is used, as compared to normal BT Handsfree connection where your mobile phone is broadcasting the signal. In areas with poor qualitity signal strength rSAP has huge advantages.
    Also if you have a IR reflective windscreen the phones signal will be weakend.

Torsten
    02-05-13 05:46 AM
    Actually, don't Audi use QNX as the OS for their system? I'm sure BlackBerry listed Audi as one of the users at the launch.. would be ironic if they do and it doesn't work!
    Yes. Audi do use QNX. Kinda cool. I will let you know if my Z10 connects to my wife's Q5 tonight. Have to buy the phone 1st.
    02-05-13 06:01 AM
    Hi, connects fine to a 2012 A6 with HDD 3G MMI....

Chas

Mattuk.
    Thanks for the reply. Coming from a bmw530 only about 2 weeks ago I can advise they don't work the same. The BMW implemented the system correctly meaning they have their own sim card installed in the vehicle that is used for data connections such as BMW assist etc and the sim in your phone just uses blue tooth for calls etc. Audi really messed up and gave you the option to add your own sim card. Whilst this sounds good can you imagine taking out your sim card and installing it each and every time into the car. So in an attempt to correct this oversight, Audi gave the software option to link to your handset by rSAP but this is not common on handsets. Hence my question.

02-05-13 06:04 AM
    HI,

can't help you on the rSAP question (interested myself, as I have SAP in my MB). But your assessment isn't quite fair. SAP/rSAP has one huge advantage... the external mobile aerial of the car is used, as compared to normal BT Handsfree connection where your mobile phone is broadcasting the signal. In areas with poor qualitity signal strength rSAP has huge advantages.
    Also if you have a IR reflective windscreen the phones signal will be weakend.

Torsten
    Yep you are correct i missed that plus point....
    02-05-13 06:42 AM
    Hi, connects fine to a 2012 A6 with HDD 3G MMI....

Chas
    Chas thanks for this.
    Sorry to pick this apart but really don't want to waste 500 quid on a handset I then have to sell on.
    Your A6 is the same MMI as my A7 I think.
    My car has the ability to insert a sim into the dash.. or if your phone is rSAp compliant, leave your sim in your phone connect with rSAP and you get bluetooth and data connections for the Google maps etc. is this the same as yours?

thanks
    02-05-13 06:44 AM
    Yep, un der the flap by the CD/ slot you can put the sim. I jumped in, connected up and all address book and call registers were tehre....

Chas thanks for this.
    Sorry to pick this apart but really don't want to waste 500 quid on a handset I then have to sell on.
    Your A6 is the same MMI as my A7 I think.
    My car has the ability to insert a sim into the dash.. or if your phone is rSAp compliant, leave your sim in your phone connect with rSAP and you get bluetooth and data connections for the Google maps etc. is this the same as yours?

thanks
    uktivo likes this.
    02-05-13 07:47 AM
    Hello,

Who can tell me if the protocol SAP (Sim Access Profile) is supported by the Z10. In the characteristics of the Z10, it is simply stipulated Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy. As for supported protocols there is no information, it is unworthy of Blackberry this lack of information. I would not buy a phone that does not work with my Mercedes using the SAP protocol
    02-23-13 12:23 PM
    Did you call BlackBerry support?
    02-23-13 01:02 PM
    This is like the people with the high end six figure cars complaining about a 500 dollar phone. Do none of you know someone who has one? Do none of you have stores that have any return policy? Sorry but listening to people with audi and bmw 100k plus vehicles complain when it really is the cars issue is brutal.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 01:09 PM
    Connected my new absolutely Z10 with my MB car kit using RSAP without any issues.
    PFman likes this.
    02-23-13 01:25 PM
    This is like the people with the high end six figure cars complaining about a 500 dollar phone. Do none of you know someone who has one? Do none of you have stores that have any return policy? Sorry but listening to people with audi and bmw 100k plus vehicles complain when it really is the cars issue is brutal.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, so true...

"I know I spent $100K on a car, but that $500 on a phone, I don't know man...that seems kind of pricy".

LMAO

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:42 PM
    Hello,

No I have not called Blackberry support, because on their site I can not find a phone number for that, otherwise I would with pleasure.

When a person who thinks that once we have a mercedes, it was money, I told him that my 8 year old Mercedes, and myself I bought it used. And even if I had the money, I do not see why I would buy hardware that is not compatible, so that does not serve me.

ZA_BB_user thank you for this answer. What did you like about your Mercedes Bluetooth kit, it is original Mercedes.
    02-24-13 08:07 AM
    Why not just drive to a phone store and get someone to bring a damn phone out and see if it links with your car?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:14 AM
    I drive a Civic and the phone works fine with bluetooth pairing...
    Drug dealer lol

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 09:18 AM
    Hi everyone.

Regarding the question on the Bluetooth protocol support SAP by Z10, the answer is no. In fact today I was able to experiment with a Z10 all beautiful, brand new, and I'm really disappointed. The pairing goes well, the car provided the code that is inserted in the phone, the vehicle is receiving data and provides information such as how the procedure is done correctly.

The car then resets to take into account this new phone, and then the phone is not found, and it asks again the pairing code. these tests were done with the software version of the Z10 comes home, and with version 10.0.10.32 (SFR) and then with version 10.0.10.90 (Bouygues), the result is always the same. I have trouble understanding the BlackBerry misses the problem.
    03-27-13 06:38 AM
    Hi everybody,

In OS 10.2 under BT Settings you can activate "rSAP Mode". Haven't tested it, but Looks good.

Torsten
    08-16-13 05:23 AM
    hi i have rSAP activated,but nothing....:-( blackberry z30
    pairing ok,but 20 sec ,and then connection failed and then connecting...20 sec ok,then down....:-(
    vw passat cc 2008 ,RNS510......change the BT hf unit?
    BB bold 9900,my old Phone works perfectly......
    David
    11-14-13 11:40 AM
    Hi, I also activated rsap and paired my new Z10 via Bluetooth with my car VW Passat with Handyvorbereitung premium (HFP and RSAP) it also does not work.
    Disconnecting after 15 sec.
    It worked one time and I could make one incoming and one outgoing call. But I could Not repeat this.
    Best regards Manfred

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 11:23 AM
    Hi,i have the same problem....i must change the bt device,or wait for latest update?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 01:38 AM
31 12